Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,925 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR (10998 Views)

FG Claimed No Money For Varsities But Built Railway To Niger –ASUU / IPPIS: Some VCs Collected N58,000 As February Salary – ASUU / FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by MorataFC: 8:33am On Nov 08, 2023
Apus:
“Universities are not revenue-generating agencies"

Which kind talk be this?
Are the students attending classes for free? Just recently most universities increased school fees by over 100%
Both ASUU and their VCs dey mad.
ok
Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by legallyminded: 8:34am On Nov 08, 2023
Omo times 1000
Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by blackgold2018(m): 8:35am On Nov 08, 2023
Apus:
It is well.
well both the FG and ASUU are not even perfect.

Universities normally supposed to remit back to the government.

Well same government are not actually funding the institution well.

So it has been 50/50 for so many years now. You don’t fund me well, I won’t remit to you.

FG’s concentration is their sudden university fee increase. They won collect their own share.

1 Like

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by Blaze14k: 8:35am On Nov 08, 2023
Its a criminal act.. not in anyway acceptable. Instead solving problems they are trying to create one

1 Like

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by chrisnando: 8:37am On Nov 08, 2023
iyatrustee:
Their salaries are paid directly from the Federal government right? Then what do they use the monies generated for?

Instead of collecting a %, I'll rather the govt allows the to pay their salaries from whatever is generated. It will automatically block all the loopholes.

Do you pay school fees to the school or the govt?

The things I read here are shocking sometimes

2 Likes

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by Nathan2016: 8:37am On Nov 08, 2023
Big lie.

The 40 percent is not for all schools.

Its only schools in the SE,SS, NC GEOPOLITICAL ZONES.

Infact only obidence movement zones, region and students will pay anything higher.

Election have consequences, una no dey hear.

This is one of them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by igala1(m): 8:37am On Nov 08, 2023
Tertiary Institutions charge
1. POST UTME FEES N5000
2. BASIC/REMEDIAL PROGRAMMES N150K
3. POST/UNDER GRADUATE FEES

So what are they saying its not a revenue generating sector for.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by Integrafamoo: 8:42am On Nov 08, 2023
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/ASUU-vcs-fault-fgs-demand-for-varsities-40-igr/
ASUU in the state universities are very senseless. They pay salary with IGR while federal government pay federal universities directly, through ippis. Yet, they always embark on solidarity strike with the federal universities.

1 Like

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by CooldipoMPS: 8:42am On Nov 08, 2023
grin
Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by Sermwell(m): 8:43am On Nov 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Autonomy nko? We all want autonomy for universities but want government to keep funding the universities without having a say? Soroniyen?

This is why we should always keep an open mind on issues. If govt is going to grant autonomy, funding is the first place to start. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Has the government been properly funding the universities?? Just open mouth waaaah

1 Like

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by ggood: 8:47am On Nov 08, 2023
Una Never see anything
Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by tollyboy5(m): 8:48am On Nov 08, 2023
STEWpid:
Chai..

What are the Universities using the money for, when staff are still been paid by the FG?

The corruption in university compound is synonymous with the corruption in the larger Nigeria.

Cronies become billionaire just inside university compound alone via embezzlement!!
There are many staff in the university that are paid directly by the uni. And maintenance with other stuff like laboratory apparatus. School is not just paying lectures to teach with only mouth.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by tollyboy5(m): 8:50am On Nov 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Autonomy nko? We all want autonomy for universities but want government to keep funding the universities without having a say? Soroniyen?

This is why we should always keep an open mind on issues. If govt is going to grant autonomy, funding is the first place to start. Check my signature for free stuffs!
So deducting from the dilapidated university should come first before funding?
Why not fund unis to a high standard before deducting internal revenue to kill education finally ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by Adabestseason(m): 8:51am On Nov 08, 2023
Copy-copy systems everywhere VCs want to mimic senators,universities becoming betting companies,research institutes generating non results-oriented recommendation or profiting ventures everything come back to funding from government and officials of the government looting,and finally,students are cycling along the tracks of half baked syndrome while the system still wallows in the dungeon of closed end educational fraud-with empty papers issued to almost everybody-academic jamboree.
Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by iswallker(m): 8:55am On Nov 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Chai...
Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by StephLawrence(f): 8:56am On Nov 08, 2023
They said you couldn’t but this proves them wrong. The iPhone you dumped or wanted to sell for cheaps can now be unlocked by this system.

Unlock iPhones with ease,
Remove activation lock and be able to make calls.
Turn off FMI,
Remove screen locks and many more

✅ Fast & Secure
✅ 100% Legal
✅ Works on all iPhone models and iOS versions

iPhone 8 & 8 plus: N10,000
iPhone X: N16,500
including other iPhone models.

Visit https://jiffies.store
Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by Coldie(m): 8:58am On Nov 08, 2023
FG builds university infrastructures with its own money, pays fees with it's money and the rest.

If FG is the one funding almost everything that goes on in university, what exactly are universities charging fees for then?

This is the right call.

To me Universities should be made independent, FG should stop sponsoring them.

Many presidents and people in power built universities in locations where they are not needed, Fg is paying salaries for under utilized universities

1 Like

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by rajiedreez: 9:00am On Nov 08, 2023
Breeze wan blow foul yansh
Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by sucess001(m): 9:00am On Nov 08, 2023
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/ASUU-vcs-fault-fgs-demand-for-varsities-40-igr/

They want to tax students to buy yatch and SUVs for the first lady

2 Likes

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by Sedonxavi: 9:00am On Nov 08, 2023
I confirmed today that AASU are bunch of thieves. So the FG has not been collecting a dime from our school fees worth billions of Naira.

1 Like

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by STEWpid(f): 9:03am On Nov 08, 2023
tollyboy5:

There are many staff in the university that are paid directly by the uni. And maintenance with other stuff like laboratory apparatus. School is not just paying lectures to teach with only mouth.

What maintenance and laboratory apparatus?

Na every year dem dey buy apparatus and maintain?

And that's only for engineering and medicals!

Yet, if you won do project, you go still buy materials!!

Are you an undergraduate or graduate??

How close are/were you in school matters??

Chai..

3 Likes

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by ozone29(m): 9:05am On Nov 08, 2023
Sedonxavi:
I confirmed today that AASU are bunch of thieves. So the FG has not been collecting a dime from our school fees worth billions of Naira.
Not true, school fees are paid directly to the fed govt then they collect 25% of the total revenue.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by lexy2014: 9:07am On Nov 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

the story is saying one thing, you are saying another thing.

even if you couldnt read the entire story maybe because it was too voluminous for you, is the topic so difficult for you to read and understand?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by israelmao(m): 9:11am On Nov 08, 2023
iyatrustee:
Their salaries are paid directly from the Federal government right? Then what do they use the monies generated for?

Instead of collecting a %, I'll rather the govt allows the to pay their salaries from whatever is generated. It will automatically block all the loopholes.

This is one of the best options,let FG even give them 60% and leave them to settle their salaries and allowances as well as seeing to maintenance/repairs of university facilities by so doing the issue of incessant strike will be done away with.

1 Like

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by APCNig: 9:12am On Nov 08, 2023
Ejyksneh:
Ebola Thimbulu thinks Nigeria is south wast.e where he is their god, king and finisher of yeroóba faith? Nigeria is bigger than you Ebola Thimbulu!! And your fellow head slammers!!

You will be disgraced out of Aso rock, if not.... everything will continue to nose dive.
Na me talkam!

You go just die if hypertension like those before you. If you semi-literate Zombies read the report at all, you will see that this is 2021 policy which Buhari was scared of implementing. The big heart the god of Politics is here to implement it

1 Like

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by APCNig: 9:12am On Nov 08, 2023
STEWpid:
Chai..

What are the Universities using the money for, when staff are still been paid by the FG?

The corruption in university compound is synonymous with the corruption in the larger Nigeria.

Cronies become billionaire just inside university compound alone via embezzlements!!

My brethren, I don't understand oooo. Universities collect huge money from students, but the federal government pays the universities staff. Monkey dey work, baboon dey embezzle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by Khyrvxjzy: 9:13am On Nov 08, 2023
benuejosh:
Let me understand something here. The extra school fees and other levies they collect from students where does it go to. Or am i not following the gist?

school fee is for government others is for school
Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by Khyrvxjzy: 9:14am On Nov 08, 2023
Ejyksneh:
Ebola Thimbulu thinks Nigeria is south wast.e where he is their god, king and finisher of yeroóba faith? Nigeria is bigger than you Ebola Thimbulu!! And your fellow head slammers!!

You will be disgraced out of Aso rock, if not.... everything will continue to nose dive.
Na me talkam!

lol
Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by APCNig: 9:15am On Nov 08, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

school fee is for government others is for school

Why will others be for the school when government pays all staff salaries, build structures, even pays retired staff?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by dominic17: 9:16am On Nov 08, 2023
What about monitoring them to ensure they invest the IGR to improve quality of education don't you think is better
STEWpid:
Chai..

Cronies become billionaire just inside university compound alone via embezzlements!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by Khyrvxjzy: 9:16am On Nov 08, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
So when has Universities become money generating companies Federal government is a joke indeed!

uni has no business doing id card hostel etc

government own it all
Re: ASUU, VCs Fault FG’s Demand For Varsities 40% IGR by yewit37486: 9:17am On Nov 08, 2023
benuejosh:
Let me understand something here. The extra school fees and other levies they collect from students where does it go to. Or am i not following the gist?

It's not air they will use to run the universities. There are expenses beyond salaries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Need The List Of Past Cbn Governors / Nigerian Institute Of Journalism Fees? / FULAFIA 2014/2015 ADMISSION THREAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.