Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,233 members, 7,829,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Is It Wrong To Have Dreams - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Wrong To Have Dreams (204 Views)

My Life Story And How I Got It Wrong / Which Is Better To Have - Dreams, Visions Or Goals? / How To Make Your Dreams Come True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Have Dreams by rockok: 6:43pm On Nov 08, 2023
I am having difficulty understanding why people will hate you for having dreams and working towards it. Somehow they are making me feel guilty about having dreams. I want your views and opinions. What should I do in this situation?
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Dreams by mariahAngel(f): 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2023
Why do you feel the need to share your dreams (ambitions/plans) with people in the first place? You shouldn't.
You don't owe anybody that.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Have Dreams by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2023
preekohantas:

Lol
First step to sure death.
Nigerian humans are wicked.
It has nothing to do with Nigerian humans been an hindrance to your dreams coming true, something you plan everything to perfection and it ends up blowing in your face, it's just life. Move on and try again.
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Dreams by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2023
rockok:
I am having difficulty understanding why people will hate you for having dreams and working towards it. Somehow they are making me feel guilty about having dreams. I want your views and opinions. What should I do in this situation?
What's your dream that people are hating on? (it might even be something mediocre by some standard).
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Dreams by mariahAngel(f): 7:05pm On Nov 08, 2023
Lukepeter:

What's your dream that people are hating on? (it might even be something mediocre by some standard).

Why are you asking him, especially after your earlier comment? undecided
Why do you need to know?
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Dreams by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 08, 2023
mariahAngel:

Why are you asking him, especially after your earlier comment? undecided
Why do you need to know?
I want to give him 101 reasons why his dream is might be mediocre and he shouldn't be too in his head thinking someone is hating on him for it, when others have even bigger dreams.
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Dreams by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 08, 2023
preekohantas:

Tell any Nigerian human your dream and watch how they will get to work on destroying it. Even the usually lazy ones.

Pulling down someone is the only work Nigerians do for free.
Pulling down in what way? Do you have a personal experience that you would want to share?
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Dreams by mariahAngel(f): 7:22pm On Nov 08, 2023
Lukepeter:

I want to give him 101 reasons why his dream is might be mediocre and he shouldn't be too in his head thinking someone is hating on him for it, when others have even bigger dreams.

You don't even know what his dreams are, and you're already thinking towards that direction?
Does it matter how big or small his dreams are?
You see you're no different from the people he was referring to. (Dream killers) undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Dreams by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2023
mariahAngel:

You don't even know what his dreams are, and you're already thinking towards that direction?
Does it matter how big or small his dreams are?
You see you're no different from the people he was referring to. (Dream killers) undecided
Just hear yourself, you are not making any sense. Which dream do you think you have that people are hating on you? Hate on some DREAMS? If you can't follow the logic on this discussion just sit this one out.

MariahAngel want to be president of Nigeria, ahh what would she think of that, it can never happen. (shey I have time to waste, continue dey dream).
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Dreams by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2023
preekohantas:

The fact that you don't shows you're either a kid or an unachiever. Any driven person has had that experience before regardless of their tribe.
Don't take the conversation to that angle, it was a very simple question for you to answer.

I had dreams of graduating top my class I achieve that, I later had another dream on hitting a certain amount from my business and I fall short (I failed).

Why should I attached any of those failures to reach my dreams on down pull from others, when if critical analysis it I could trace where the problems lies (could be government policies as at then).

Everyone has dreams at various point in life, we win some and loss some doesn't mean we should be quick to point at others for our failure.

PS: if you are not willing to reply and argue the Points stated above please leave the conversation like that and don't assume something about me you now nothing about to insult me.
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Dreams by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 08, 2023
preekohantas:

How does this drivel you typed relate to the topic of sharing your goals with others?

Don't quote me again.
You are truly a Bushgirl this is very simple to dicpher and connect the dot, tell us your story on how during the cause of achieving your dreams someone pull you down and I would point out the flaw in it on the fact that there are other variables in place that lead to your failure and it has nothing to do with your village people.
preekohantas:

Lol
First step to sure death.
Nigerian humans are wicked.

Just run along, you don't match mentally, grown up believing village people are doing her.
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Dreams by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 08, 2023
preekohantas:

You are supposed to be quoting your own comments showing that not mine you dimwit.

Like I said you're a child that's why the Pull Down Syndrome of Nigerians is new to you.

The first comment up there already put you in your place. Bye boy.
This Bushgirl, your village people have really dealt with you. You are even scared of your shadow.

I hope you make peace with them soonest, so that you could at least achieve your dreams.
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Dreams by mariahAngel(f): 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2023
Lukepeter:

Just hear yourself, you are not making any sense. Which dream do you think you have that people are hating on you? Hate on some DREAMS? If you can't follow the logic on this discussion just sit this one out.

MariahAngel want to be president of Nigeria, ahh what would she think of that, it can never happen. (shey I have time to waste, continue dey dream).

Go try your gaslighting tactic on someone else. Yea-ah! 🙄
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Dreams by rockok: 11:24pm On Nov 08, 2023
mariahAngel:
Why do you feel the need to share your dreams (ambitions/plans) with people in the first place? You shouldn't.
You don't owe anybody that.
it's a long story but I believe I will let the cat out of the bag slowly. One of those dreams include planning to graduate from school soon. Some group of people openly and indirectly said I wasn't going to do that. Have been doing everything in their power to stop me like gaslighting, mocking, insulting including coming over to the institution to do the same. Their reason for this seems extremely ridiculous. I can't believe it but should I say maybe because I didn't marry their daughter or something and choose to improve my life and move on after a failed relationship. Not that I had sex or made any promise explicitly of getting married. We where just friends and when I made the decision to leave all hell was let loose. I have received all kind of indirect threat since then. It's extremely difficult to handle because they don't come to me directly or confront me directly about it but are always by the side making sure they are referring to me

(1) (Reply)

This Burkina Equipment Offer / Does Studying Horticulture In A Nigeria University Worth It? / What They Didn’t Tell You About Working Remotely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.