Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO (1036 Views)

Bariga Cult Kingpin, Dodo Arrested (Photo) / Eiye And Aiye Cultists Clash In Somolu And Bariga, Lagos. 7 Feared Killed / Sex-for-bail Scandal Rocks Bariga Police Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by REDshouse(m): 8:05pm On Nov 09, 2023
My Ordeal with Bariga D.P.O

I went to get some parts for my car at popular Roundabout spare part market at Roundabout in Gbagada at some minute past eight in the morning , on getting there I observed that all shops were locked due to Thursday sanitation and on my way back I observed an hot and abusive argument between a Lastma (lady) and a police officer on mufti ( I don't know he was an officer),

Walking past them I advised the lastman lady to forgo the argument and get back to her duty post which she immediately obliged, and I was going the lady was trying to go back to the argument and I told her to go back that if any accident happen she will be held responsible. And immediately the woman left to attend to her duty post.

The Aggrieved man immediately pounced on me aggressively on my way going seeking to know why I told the woman to walk away from her which I initially ignored and continue to move away then he forcefully drew my shirt back seeking to know why I have to instruct the woman to abandoned the argument for her work post, that fo I know who he his and what happen.

I told him that what happen and who he is is totally irrelevant that if accident happen at that junction the lady will be held responsible and as secretary to Araromi CDA I have a right to advise her to go back to her duty post.

The man get infuriated and more annoyed and started shout at the top of his voice and using his finger to push me and slamming my chest which I told him to please not touch me because if he do I will retaliate by doing same .. next thing he locked my shirt with a push and I did same back, he slipped off back and fell and the bystanders and onlookers came to separate us telling me that he is D.PO ilaje Bariga ..

At this point I left him and begged him continuously that I don't know he was an officer.

He thereafter locked my shirt up insisting he won't let me go, everyone came to plead on my behalf but met a deaf hears.

There came a lawyer who also oversee all that transpired between us and was pleading on my behalf, still he refused and later resulted in calling his boys from bariga police station, at this point the man introduced himself as a lawyer and promised to be interested in my matter and at this point the lawyer also called someone and the person also spoke with the Lastma and advice we take the matter to nearest police station.

At this point the armless police Divisional traffic officer from Ifako Police station and his men arrived and advice the DPO to hand me over to them but the DPO initially refused still locking on my shirt.

After so much intervention by DTO and our insistance to go to Ifako Police station the man grudgingly obliged and hand me over ..

Part 2

When DTO was looking for Marwa or bike to convey me to Ifako there was no Marwa ready to honor it. And we decided to trek to Ifako Police station..

On our way to Ifako there came DPO ilaje Bariga boys arrived the scene shooting sporadically and before I know it is a large and thunderous slap in my right eyes with handcuffs in my both hand as a criminal. I struggled to refuse to follow them to Bariga telling them we can only go to Ifako Police division since the matter fell within Ifako jurisdiction.

All my effort in convincing these rag tag police officer met serious beating and brutalisation on my person . I was later forced into their van.

From roundabout to Bariga I received serious brutality from all officers in the vehicle except the driver . The brutality ranging from back of gun , to serious slaps on my face and blows . All saying I have the audacity to be fighting their oga.

I was dumped behind their counters at Ilaje police station after a while the DPO came bragging at me saying as quote " do I know how many people he has wasted that he will waste me or send me to prison" then he ordered for his rifle from another officer (seriously at this point my mind cut). Then the officer brought him his rifle and went out with most of his team.

After some hours he came back and said they should bring me that he is taking me to Ifako Police station (felt a bit relief).

And we went to meet the DPO at Ifako who asked what transpired between us and I truthfully explained myself to the DPO and asked the DPO ilaje his own side of the story but trying to cover up so many truth. The Ifako DPO called in another officer to take up our statements and report back to her immediately which we obliged.

Then the DPO ilaje later went out to bring in the LaStma officer, My brother and a ram seller at Roundabout as evidence to prove his case..

Later which the DPO asked everyone to speak on their involvement and how shots where fired sporadically at the scene of event .

Thereafter the DPO ordered the officer to take others statement.. and later said I should be bailed on self recognition .. that whenever I am needed I will be called upon to do so.
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by ClearFlair: 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2023
APC supporter. I waka

3 Likes

Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by SIXTEENTH(m): 8:11pm On Nov 09, 2023
For this our Lagos, no we won't take this shit abeg drop him number I go show there ASAP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by Zonefree(m): 8:24pm On Nov 09, 2023
Tinubu all the way, yet you're complaining of rough handle by Tinubu's employees? undecided
You never see anything.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by IbnB: 8:30pm On Nov 09, 2023
REDshouse:

I went to get some parts for my car at popular Roundabout spare part market at Roundabout in Gbagada at some minute past eight in the morning , on getting there I observed that all shops were locked due to Thursday sanitation and on my way back I observed an hot and abusive argument between a Lastma (lady) and a police officer on mufti ( I don't know he was an officer),

Walking past them I advised the lastman lady to forgo the argument and get back to her duty post which she immediately obliged, and I was going the lady was trying to go back to the argument and I told her to go back that if any accident happen she will be held responsible. And immediately the woman left to attend to her duty post.

The Aggrieved man immediately pounced on me aggressively on my way going seeking to know why I told the woman to walk away from her which I initially ignored and continue to move away then he forcefully drew my shirt back seeking to know why I have to instruct the woman to abandoned the argument for her work post, that fo I know who he his and what happen.

I told him that what happen and who he is is totally irrelevant that if accident happen at that junction the lady will be held responsible and as secretary to Araromi CDA I have a right to advise her to go back to her duty post.

The man get infuriated and more annoyed and started shout at the top of his voice and using his finger to push me and slamming my chest which I told him to please not touch me because if he do I will retaliate by doing same .. next thing he locked my shirt with a push and I did same back, he slipped off back and fell and the bystanders and onlookers came to separate us telling me that he is D.PO ilaje Bariga ..

At this point I left him and begged him continuously that I don't know he was an officer.

He thereafter locked my shirt up insisting he won't let me go, everyone came to plead on my behalf but met a deaf hears.

There came a lawyer who also oversee all that transpired between us and was pleading on my behalf, still he refused and later resulted in calling his boys from bariga police station, at this point the man introduced himself as a lawyer and promised to be interested in my matter and at this point the lawyer also called someone and the person also spoke with the Lastma and advice we take the matter to nearest police station.

At this point the armless police Divisional traffic officer from Ifako Police station and his men arrived and advice the DPO to hand me over to them but the DPO initially refused still locking on my shirt.

After so much intervention by DTO and our insistance to go to Ifako Police station the man grudgingly obliged and hand me over ..

Part 2

When DTO was looking for Marwa or bike to convey me to Ifako there was no Marwa ready to honor it. And we decided to trek to Ifako Police station..

On our way to Ifako there came DPO ilaje Bariga boys arrived the scene shooting sporadically and before I know it is a large and thunderous slap in my right eyes with handcuffs in my both hand as a criminal. I struggled to refuse to follow them to Bariga telling them we can only go to Ifako Police division since the matter fell within Ifako jurisdiction.

All my effort in convincing these rag tag police officer met serious beating and brutalisation on my person . I was later forced into their van.

From roundabout to Bariga I received serious brutality from all officers in the vehicle except the driver . The brutality ranging from back of gun , to serious slaps on my face and blows . All saying I have the audacity to be fighting their oga.

I was dumped behind their counters at Ilaje police station after a while the DPO came bragging at me saying as quote " do I know how many people he has wasted that he will waste me or send me to prison" then he ordered for his rifle from another officer (seriously at this point my mind cut). Then the officer brought him his rifle and went out with most of his team.

After some hours he came back and said they should bring me that he is taking me to Ifako Police station (felt a bit relief).

And we went to meet the DPO at Ifako who asked what transpired between us and I truthfully explained myself to the DPO and asked the DPO ilaje his own side of the story but trying to cover up so many truth. The Ifako DPO called in another officer to take up our statements and report back to her immediately which we obliged.

Then the DPO ilaje later went out to bring in the LaStma officer, My brother and a ram seller at Roundabout as evidence to prove his case..

Later which the DPO asked everyone to speak on their involvement and how shots where fired sporadically at the scene of event .

Thereafter the DPO ordered the officer to take others statement.. and later said I should be bailed on self recognition .. that whenever I am needed I will be called upon to do so.

I see you are APC/Tinubu sucker

They did not beat you well enough, they should have killed you, stripped your pants off and labelled you as an armed bandit

Bástard

3 Likes

Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by KillahPriest: 8:33pm On Nov 09, 2023
Animal farm cool
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 09, 2023
Dear Op,

How much did you use to bail yourself?
I guess that cash would be shared among the two DPOs.
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by OGwales(m): 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2023
I know that idiooot bariga DPO, he is found of oppression and extortion. Hungry bastaaard
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by HugeElephant(f): 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2023
All this wouldn't have happened if you had mind your business.

Nigeria Police is (NOT) your friend.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by GidiQuotes: 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2023
HugeElephant:

Did you even read the story, perhaps he did the right thing.
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by GidiQuotes: 9:15pm On Nov 09, 2023
Sue the police force detailing your ordeal in the law suit. Hand go touch am from force HQ.

1 Like

Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by GidiQuotes: 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2023
IbnB:

I see you are APC/Tinubu sucker

They did not beat you well enough, they should have killed you, stripped your pants off and labelled you as an armed bandit

Bástard

Childishness.
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by Marketgists(f): 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2023
God bless you front and back
HugeElephant:

Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by Blake755: 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2023
HugeElephant:

But the officer no wear uniform nah how he go take know sorry op
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by DaniDani(m): 9:50pm On Nov 09, 2023
I hope you are not one of those who kicked against end sars protesters because they are after yorubas and their Lagos. When we keep telling you people that the evil you all are supporting in this country will consume you, you all think we are joking! Pkele!

2 Likes

Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by UptownVibes(m): 10:09pm On Nov 09, 2023
Them suppose beat sense enter your head.. That D.P.O didn't try at all .
You should have called Tinubu to come save you undecided
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by REDshouse(m): 10:10pm On Nov 09, 2023
KyleJason:
Dear Op,

How much did you use to bail yourself?
I guess that cash would be shared among the two DPOs.
free
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by stacyadams: 12:01am On Nov 10, 2023
ClearFlair:
APC supporter. I waka
grin
Na there problem be that grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by DonBenny77(m): 1:11am On Nov 10, 2023
GidiQuotes:

He was trying to be a good citizen, in Nigeria the good suffer.
Imagine him speaking big grammar for latsma woman like a responsible person.
This country no need responsible people if say na agbero DPO no for start that fight.
OP for just wakka pass
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by IbnB: 2:33am On Nov 10, 2023
GidiQuotes:

Childishness.

Mugu
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by Pussyisgud: 6:12am On Nov 10, 2023
"Tinubu all the way" right? Why not call tinubu to come and save you from that DPO.
Oponu we had a chance to install better government but you people refused, you never seen anything yet, with this kind of government you support this is what people like you will get, dem suppose to shoot you sef.
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:27am On Nov 10, 2023
U shud know Naija is a zoo.
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by HugeElephant(f): 6:34am On Nov 10, 2023
GidiQuotes:

Epele o Oga advocate. Na you dey speak on behalf of the OP? You suppose collect your own share of the beating..

I am sure if it were a fellow man being oppressed, he wouldn't stand up for him.
Anyway, everybody dey collect 1 or 2 oppression lately. Manage your own gently.
Nigeria Police is (not) your friend angry
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by HarunaWest(m): 7:55am On Nov 10, 2023
REDshouse:

Part 2

Sue the DPO.
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by Bedwetter: 7:56am On Nov 10, 2023
They didn't do you enough

They need hit your head with 2by2
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by 43Ronin: 11:49am On Nov 10, 2023
the urchin thought all corn eaters are one and the same. cheesy the police change am for am. angry don't worry you still shout #Endsars was ignos trying to destroy lagos. urchin oshi
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2023
REDshouse:
free

Story!

When did they make bail free in Nigeria?
Re: A Nairaland Brutality By Ilaje Bariga DPO by REDshouse(m): 9:02pm On Nov 10, 2023
KyleJason:

Story!

When did they make bail free in Nigeria?
free

(1) (Reply)

Any Good Hacker Here / How my daughter’s fiancé bathed her with acid’ / Female Student Uses Razor To Cut Her Best Friend Because Of Suggar Daddy (PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.