Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market (16843 Views)

Naira Depreciates To β‚¦β€Ž1,300/$ In Official Market / Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs / Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by Againstallodds: 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2023
Governance is not run by propaganda. You have stolen the election.Hit the ground running and show us result.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by Kpartners: 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2023
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by Stevosty: 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2023
So who is at shock now? Dumb government.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by DKM123: 1:37pm On Nov 10, 2023
Nothing is stable with APC.....
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by Gainman: 1:38pm On Nov 10, 2023
Just like one step forward and 2 steps backward
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by tnerro1(m): 1:38pm On Nov 10, 2023
It’s end of the year period/ holiday season, nothing you go do wey e no go rise. Expect it to come down January 2024

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by steeltrust: 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2023
When you have olodos in power πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

How can you borrow dollar to defend dollar πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

Awon Chicago university graduates
Deloitte workers oshiπŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

4 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by Vision101(m): 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2023
@Kukutente23

Where are we going in this country with this clueless govt?
I thought they've started paying the backlog and naira will firm up.
This is the first time in history that naira will hit N1000 at the official market.
APC is a massive, unmitigated disaster!!

@me
Who accumulated the backlog? Another person shit and another come they suffer to clear the shit.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by israelmao(m): 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2023
For Nigerian currency to regain or gain value our refineries must work and Dangote Refinery and his cohorts should stop playing politics in commencing operation,round-tripling of dollar and its hoarding must stop.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by yinkeys(m): 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2023
This update is getting too much
It’s not breaking news everyday
Can we have a break moderator
Everyday
Naira falls naira rises

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by Quebec91(m): 1:44pm On Nov 10, 2023
cheesy
Optimum2023:
Not news. Reminds us of those COVID-19 days when the CDC would reel out daily number of infections, deaths and recoveries. At a point, we all got used to it and stopped caring because it became part of normal life. It was expected.
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by gonkin(m): 1:45pm On Nov 10, 2023
When we told them tinubu is buhari pro max, them say na emilokan na him build lagos. Yet fashola and ambode efforts made it shine.
No jagabanian should complain ooo. We know all of una.
because ur papa collect ticket u say na him u want. How market now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by biina: 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2023
What were people expecting?

Bunch of idiots that are trying to catch rain water with a basket! undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by Kukutente23: 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2023
Vision101:

This is the first time in history that naira will hit N1000 at the official market.

@me
Who accumulated the backlog? Another person shit and another come they suffer to clear the shit.
With all due respect, that's a stupid question.
Tinubu just budget over 4bn for renovating Aso Rock and another 2.5bn for Dodan barracks. Same Aso Rock Buhari's govt claimed to be renovating just before inauguration in May this year.
You didn't ask why renovate what has already been renovated did you?
I hope you can see how stupid your question is

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by globalresource: 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2023
Blaze14k:
Mind you this no way near improvement. We need to see the naira at 700 to a dollar that is were I will start praising tinubu

My brother u no even read. Na OFFICIAL dollar rate don reach 1000 naira so. Meaning black market will sell higher

It has never been this worst

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by oyeb15: 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2023
Simply make it reach 2k to $1 so our useless government will be celebrating dollar fall to #1900, 1800, 1700

Useless people
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by Menclothing: 2:00pm On Nov 10, 2023
Lolz December price go choke
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by optimusprime2(m): 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2023
I have said it several times here... you may scam in politics, but one can not scam the concept of Economics...

As long as the import market remains the same, the Naira is going to fall very badly in the absence of significant exports.

There's nothing CBN can do to change that reality.
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by Kaiser20: 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2023
Let us give Tinubu more than 20 years he will develop Nigeria. According to Lai Muhammed, Tinubu's plans for Nigeria are too big for us to see.
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by Abiliboi: 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2023
Elastic wahala
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by Emmyemmy1: 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2023
Na wao...from 150 naira to a πŸ’΅ $ ..

Buy you A-GRADE MERCEDES, TOYOTA, LEXUS , HONDA, KIA, etc both FOREIGN AND NIGERIA FAIRLY USED

DELIVERED TO YOUR DOORSTEP

CALL: 07033742944
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by Masterito(m): 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2023
The worst part is ordinary Nigerians that do not support APC and yet do not see this as a problem affect them.
Kukutente23:
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by naturefellow(m): 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2023
Templarlandry grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by mastermaestro(m): 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2023
Racoon:
The it will favour me and my family crew, over to you guys.

Ironically this mess favours some 'ordinary' people who receive their income in dollars. You won't know how excited some people are right now about this.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by Abiliboi: 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2023
Shameless Nigerians (agbadorians) were celebrating 950# to $1 a few days back and were giving credits to Clueless extravagant Tilumbu, I was shocked. HOW CAN? Celebrating failure. Who do us this thing?
Tips:
Nigeria wahala still long, inflation is loading. Leave that dollars in your bank for your gain, to avoid had I known. Reduction to #950 last week made some people took wrong moves

Peter Obi had plans before vying for President of Nigeria unlike Emilokan that believed in "drag-it & grab-it by force", no wonder he ran away from several debate invitations. Emilokan and agbadorians were more interested in taking presidency to Yoruba land.
Emilokan removed fuel subsidy without having any minister or Special Adviser at hand to look into decision diagnostically.

I don't see Nigeria climbing out of this abysmal abysmal without going into production production and production(Obi's slogan) esp.in the oil and gas sector, Reduction of government expenses and possibly murder miscellaneous expenses.
Hmm! Hope dey
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by Wallade(m): 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2023
israelmao:
For Nigerian currency regain or gain our refineries must work and Dangote Refinery and his cohorts should stop playing politics in commencing operation,round-tripling of dollar and its hoarding must stop.

Your comment hit the nail on the head. Whatever monetary policy Cardoso and co. introduce must be in tandem with fiscal policies of the government to successfully improve living standards and value of the Nigerian currency.

Nigeria must enforce laws against dollarization of the economy. So many transactions are done within Nigeria in dollars and forex. The Nigerian government must discourage this development. The government is also guilty because major transactions and contracts too are awarded in dollars by the government. Properties in real estate, airline ticket sales, solid mineral resources and bulk petroleum products are sold in forex within Nigeria.

The major import item in Nigeria is petroleum products, it is sourced from a major product (crude oil) that we export. We must urgently start local production of petroleum products to reduce, to the barest minimum, the imports of petroleum products. This will reduce over 50% demand for dollars in the I and E window and parallel market.

CBN should terminate all Bureau De Change licenses and declare that business illegal in Nigeria. Anyone who wants to buy or sell forex should approach the commercial and regional banks or deposit money banks. CBN must also regulate and monitor the forex transactions of all deposit money banks to ensure there are no foul practices and perversion in the banks with respect to forex trade. This will bring significant, about 80% - 90%, forex in Nigeria into the I and E Window or under the control of CBN.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by chaloskyx: 2:35pm On Nov 10, 2023
Agadorians pls defend you master chief financial economist from CSUπŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜… you sure say this guy worked in mobil and delloitte or he forged his way to get those jobs
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by ordovicianonly(f): 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2023
It will keep rising by God’s grace Amen … official rate 1500 by January
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by FireUpNow(m): 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2023
Naira is nor shaky shaky daddy like blublu blabla
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by alt3r3g0: 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2023
Wallade:

Your comment hit the nail on the head. Whatever monetary policy Cardoso and co. introduce must be in tandem with fiscal policies of the government to successfully improve living standards and value of the Nigerian currency.

Nigeria must enforce laws against dollarization of the economy. So many transactions are done within Nigeria in dollars and forex. The Nigerian government must discourage this development. The government is also guilty because major transactions and contracts too are awarded in dollars by the government. Properties in real estate, airline ticket sales, solid mineral resources and bulk petroleum products are sold in forex within Nigeria.

The major import item in Nigeria is petroleum products, it is sourced from a major product (crude oil) that we export. We must urgently start local production of petroleum products to reduce, to the barest minimum, the imports of petroleum products. This will reduce over 50% demand for dollars in the I and E window and parallel market.

CBN should terminate all Bureau De Change licenses and declare that business illegal in Nigeria. Anyone who wants to buy or sell forex should approach the commercial and regional banks or deposit money banks. CBN must also regulate and monitor the forex transactions of all deposit money banks to ensure there are no foul practices and perversion in the banks with respect to forex trade. This will bring significant, about 80% - 90%, of forex in Nigeria into the I and E Window or under the control of CBN.

This! But unfortunately, even the politicians have long moved to dollars. See Gandollar himself
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by ottersberger(m): 2:55pm On Nov 10, 2023
If you're a diaspora like some of us, or if you earn in $€£, hold off on your remittances. This rogue government is currently living off your sweat. The NNPCL is not accounting for anything. Only the FIRS is showing any sign of life, that is your money they are recycling on taxes and VAT besides borrowing as loans.

They are borrowing to buy SUV's for themselves. They are appropriating your money for the illegal office of an unconstitutional First Lady and a life of opulence in an unneeded yacht while all the time refusing to pay Nigerians a living wage.

Until Nigeria starts producing what it can sell to others to offset our negative trade balance with its major trading partners, don't hold your breath on the naira.

The decline will continue unabated, but unfortunately, so also will the lives of the average citizen take an unwarranted nosedive.
Re: Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market by Treadway: 3:04pm On Nov 10, 2023
If you no buy/hold dollar, wetin you gain? Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dear Nairalanders, What Can You Buy With One Naira? / USSD: Telcos Threaten To Disconnect Banks / BUA Group Vows To Crash Prices Flour, Sugar, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.