Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,708 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying (15889 Views)

How I Sent My Troublesome First Wife Packing Peacefully / My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? / Imo Man Disowns His Son In Newspaper For Trying To Take Over His Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by Jewessgratitud3: 11:45am On Nov 11, 2023
Some of you will remember this story that happened two years ago to my nephew.
https://www.nairaland.com/6873579/lagos-teacher-removed-nephews-tooth/1#108076292

After the owner of the school apologized and the matter died down, some of the teachers have not been so nice to my nephew. He's always complaining of one teacher or the other beating him but the Mom in order not to appear like a troublesome person decided to talk to her son to always be well behaved and avoid his teachers at all cost as she can't be going to the school all the time to shout.
I remember a few people then asking me where's the father in all this but then I was covering him because I didn't want to expose his weak point in this whole matter. I'm still not going to say why he's helpless and can't confront the school for all the bullying on his child but I believe at this point a Smart thinker will know why.

Recently the boy said the teacher now deviced a new way of spanking him. She does it in hidden places where the marks will not show because he's fair but the Mom again shunned him after telling her.

Yesterday I called her and she told me his class mate s Mom sent him on errand ( they attend the same church) my nephew bought the stuff and brought it to her. The son his classmate now accused my nephew of telling his Mom that he brought money to school or so I can't remember what it was about. My nephew said he did no such thing that he only helped his Mom to get something.

They got to school and this boy went and brought other senior boys that are 10- 12 to come and beat my nephew ( he is 8 ) up for telling his mother on him. They beat him and while all that was happening no teacher came to his rescue or even noticed. I mean for people that are paid to look after children.

My sister went to pick them and her son told her all that happened and immediately my sister called the boys and was asking them why. So she gave them a serious warning never to touch him again and left.

The next thing she got a message from the daughter of the owner of the school ( the owner who handled the first issue died this year) telling her that she has no right to come and warn those children that she took laws into her hands that my sister is no longer allowed in the school premises henceforth. My sister went there the next day and was explaining to her that she didn't touch the boys but only warned them. The woman just kept flaring up saying she harassed the boys then my sister too fired her back and said they should call the boy and ask. She went to the boys class amidst pushes and teachers dragging her not to enter she pushed her way through to the boys class and asked the boy if she touched him the boy said no. The woman was now yelling at her teachers that none of them can talk now that's she here. Meaning they all teamed up and reported to her the HM that my sister harassed the boy.

After all the argument, she threatened my sister with arrest if she sets her foot in the school again and my sister reminded her of the tooth issue that she was going to take up the matter and the owner of the school boasted that she already sacked the teacher and my sister can not do anything..

Their father was called and he came back talking trash every where that my sister went to school to fight.
My youngest sisters husband also went to the school to ask what happened and tried to settle it and all that. Now their father said the school authority said they don't want to see the children in the school again...
As in... I don't get....

She's trying to take up the matter but I said to leave them because now the woman claimed she already sacked the teacher that he chase might be futile. Instead let their father change school for them.

She's feeling bad about the way they treated her children and how nothing was done about the bullying. She wants justice for her children. Please Should she go ahead and take it up against the school because she said the woman didn't actually sack the teacher immediately, after that incidence like she claimed that it took a while and the teacher left of her own accord..
Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by JASONjnr(m): 11:57am On Nov 11, 2023
One thing I noticed about parents like your sister is that, they always go about feeling right about their actions and refused to be corrected or pay attention to their wrong actions.

Your child was beaten and you confronted the children. Instead of going to the school administrators to report and ask the children to also give their own storyline.

Also, it seems she's the only one giving the school a problem.

Let her change her kids from the school to another school then. If the problem persists, then she's the problem.

Also, whatever you say about your sister's husband shows how irresponsible you are. That man is the head 9f his family and you should allow him run his family the way he wants. You should go and get married and have your own kids.

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by jaeyking(m): 11:59am On Nov 11, 2023
Sorry
Na only that school dey where Una dey stay

Missing tooth was not enough for Una to take Una pikin from there

Till dem kill am

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by BOSSkesh(m): 12:01pm On Nov 11, 2023
Send address make we fall in with things and things

8 Likes

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by Jewessgratitud3: 12:31pm On Nov 11, 2023
JASONjnr:
One thing I noticed about parents like your sister is that, they always go about feeling right about their actions and refused to be corrected or pay attention to their wrong actions.

Your child was beaten and you confronted the children. Instead of going to the school administrators to report and ask the children to also give their own storyline.

Also, it seems she's the only one giving the school a problem.

Let her change her kids from the school to another school then. If the problem persists, then she's the problem.

Also, whatever you say about your sister's husband shows how irresponsible you are. That man is the head 9f his family and you should allow him run his family the way he wants. You should go and get married and have your own kids.

I made this post for sensible people who can reason and give constructive advice. Not the distorted incoherent slurs you gibberished up there.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by Jewessgratitud3: 12:32pm On Nov 11, 2023
jaeyking:
Sorry
Na only that school dey where Una dey stay

Missing tooth was not enough for Una to take Una pikin from there

Till dem kill am

The owner of children refused to remove his children from there for reasons best known to him.

2 Likes

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by henrimoto(m): 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

The owner of children refused to remove his children from there for reasons best known to him.

... Meaning ,he is the one paying the children's school fees . Abi?

@Jewessgratituded3. which NL mod. Dey always push your write ups go front page ?

16 Likes

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by Jewessgratitud3: 12:56pm On Nov 11, 2023
BOSSkesh:
Send address make we fall in with things and things

LoL .. abeg ooo. 😂😂😂😂... We no want vawulence. She will meet her match. I've told my sister to let it slide just that she feels they're being unfair to her children.
Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by Mindlog: 1:00pm On Nov 11, 2023
Your sister confronting the boys was not the right approach, she ought to have gone straight to the headmistress office to lay her complaint and the boys involved would likely be called to the office and disciplinary actions taken against their bullying, so when next they want to bully another kid, they would have it in the back of their mind, that they would be punished by the school.

26 Likes

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by Omezif(m): 1:21pm On Nov 11, 2023
In a sane clime the school should be closed or being avoided completely for allowing students misbehave and failing to address the matter like this appropriately, but we are hearing a one side of the story.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by BarrElChapo(m): 1:22pm On Nov 11, 2023
🤔

1 Like

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by Okiton: 1:22pm On Nov 11, 2023
cheesy

I think you need proper education to be able to summarize some stories in short and constructive sentences, not like this garbage you put on there.

Your sister too is another problem that's why the school can't take it any longer.

You are a tout and unoriented for insulting ur sister's husband cos he didn't go to war with the school like ur sister's did.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by jimmyolasun: 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2023
See suwegbe people... Well una gentle.. shey person like myself wey beat sense enter one of my teachers for secondary school wey dey bully me because I was newly transferred from a public school wey I be boarding student oo come their private school, he wan come instill fear inside me... Now wey I don turn baba alaye, even as I dey enter your school with my kids you self go know say these children naa no go area.. all in all, hustle make your kids teacher no go be people wey Nigeria dey affect..

7 Likes

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by Jewessgratitud3: 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2023
Mindlog:
Your sister confronting the boys was not the right approach, she ought to have gone straight to the headmistress office to lay her complaint and the boys involved would likely be called to the office and disciplinary actions taken against their bullying, so when next they want to bully another kid, they would have it in the back of their mind, that they would be punished by the school.

See eh mind, my sister just called the boy as someone she knows personally to tell him that what he did was wrong. They are church members and his mother and my sis are friends. So she was just like why now why do this to your friend. What happened to coming to me and reporting. You know how someone would advise a friends son as per my person but the teachers went and told the HM something else because they saw her addressing the boys but this same teachers were no where to be found when these boys gangedbeat the boy.

1 Like

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by AntiMen: 1:26pm On Nov 11, 2023
Matters arising in bullying can be complicated....

I can only advice that the matter be investigated properly before drawing conclusions.

1 Like

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by DDIA: 1:27pm On Nov 11, 2023
Make I go buy weed smoke first.

cool

I will be back cool

3 Likes

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by FreeStuffsNG: 1:28pm On Nov 11, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

The weakness of your sister is way too obvious. She would have done better if her husband had managed the situation. Right now, the best she can do is petition the state ministry of education and remove her children from the school.

They don't want your Sister in that school, her children are just excuses, she's the one they don't want. I may be wrong but your account on how she didn't first tell her husband and authorities then give time to see what they will do, indicate that she has little or no respect for constituted authorities and probably believe that reporting issues to authorities and giving some time to the authorities to look into the issue she reported is a waste of time. She should be calming down so same issue doesn't happen again in the new school her children will be moved to.

I really pity the poor boy. Please keep counselling and encouraging him so he will not wake up one day and quit school. Check my signature for free stuffs!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by DARLINGTON869(m): 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2023
What part of the parents brain is preventing them from withdrawing the child from there

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by Juniorangel(m): 1:32pm On Nov 11, 2023
Is that school the only school existing around that premise, please you people should change school for that child before we start hearing another different story.

8 Likes

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by TalkTalkTwins(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2023
Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by SavageResponse(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2023
This storyteller again cool

4 Likes

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by Rocktation(f): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2023
Take this boy to a private school in peace..before they completely damage his self confidence or turn him to a serial killer.

14 Likes

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by OlujobaSamuel: 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2023
Hmmmmm, no sch dey around there again despite tooth removal
Also, your sis went inside sch to harass a student, it's not like she saw the student outside to challenge him for an action done while in school, is the school not having administrator or teachers again??
Btw, why is the name of this so called school promoting bullying protected??
The school is right to tell you to take your child to another school

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by Kobicove(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2023
Madam your sister has no right to go to a school and confront a pupil directly...the proper thing to do is to report your grievances to the school authority and follow it up undecided

7 Likes

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by ravensckar(m): 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2023
The way I see it, the school doesn't take your sister seriously. They believe she's only good at barking and not biting, it's obvious from the constant maltreatment that your nephew suffers from that school. The whole thing still boils down to how your sister is perceived (weak and helpless). And your sister's husband isn't helping matters either.

My advice is that you people should prevail on your sister to change her child's school, if not, they will harm that child. In every interaction that one is involved in, one must never fail to command any of the following; LOVE, RESPECT or FEAR. As far as this situation is concerned, your sister doesn't command any. Hence, the reason she's not being taken seriously.

A neighbour of mine was in a similar situation. Her child was bullied by a serial abuser and she tried to take up the matter. The school did not only support the abuser, they also arrested the complainant (my neighbour) for causing 'disturbance' in their school. And just like your sister's case, the husband refused to show up at the Police station. The woman almost cried her eyes out.

But me, all my life anyone that has had dealings with me knows he's dealing with a semi-mad man. If you touch my wife or children, then, you have brought trouble upon yourself. Me I no get time for civility, if you do anyhow, you go see anyhow. Funny enough, that was how I was raised. My Papa go pull agbada slap anybody wey touch him wife or pikin. cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by Offpoint1: 1:35pm On Nov 11, 2023
cheesy
Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by SALLYBERRY01(m): 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2023
Nothing will change I advise the child leave the school

1 Like

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by tommy589(m): 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The weakness of your sister is way too obvious. She would have done better if her husband had managed the situation. Right niw, the best she can do is petition the state ministry of education and remove her children from the school.

They don't want your Sister in that school, her children are just excuses, she's the one they don't want. I may be wrong but your account on how she didn't first tell her husband and authorities then give time to see what they will do, indicate that she has little or no respect for constituted authorities and probably believe that reporting issues to authorities and giving some time to the authorities to look into the issue she reported is a waste of time. She should be calming down so same issue doesn't happen again in the new school her children will be moved to.

I really pity the poor boy. Please keep counselling and encouraging him so he will not wake up one day and quit school. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Good one

1 Like

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by Coolgent(m): 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Some of you will remember this story that happened two years ago to my nephew.
https://www.nairaland.com/6873579/lagos-teacher-removed-nephews-tooth/1#108076292

After the owner of the school apologized and the matter died down, some of the teachers have not been so nice to my nephew. He's always complaining of one teacher or the other beating him but the Mom in order not to appear like a troublesome person decided to talk to her son to always be well behaved and avoid his teachers at all cost as she can't be going to the school all the time to shout.
I remember a few people then asking me where's the father in all this but then I was covering him because I didn't want to expose his weak point in this whole matter. I'm still not going to say why he's helpless and can't confront the school for all the bullying on his child but I believe at this point a Smart thinker will know why.

Recently the boy said the teacher now deviced a new way of spanking him. She does it in hidden places where the marks will not show because he's fair but the Mom again shunned him after telling her.

Yesterday I called her and she told me his class mate s Mom sent him on errand ( they attend the same church) my nephew bought the stuff and brought it to her. The son his classmate now accused my nephew of telling his Mom that he brought money to school or so I can't remember what it was about. My nephew said he did no such thing that he only helped his Mom to get something.

They got to school and this boy went and brought other senior boys that are 10- 12 to come and beat my nephew ( he is 8 ) up for telling his mother on him. They beat him and while all that was happening no teacher came to his rescue or even noticed. I mean for people that are paid to look after children.

My sister went to pick them and her son told her all that happened and immediately my sister called the boys and was asking them why. So she gave them a serious warning never to touch him again and left.

The next thing she got a message from the daughter of the owner of the school ( the owner who handled the first issue died this year) telling her that she has no right to come and warn those children that she took laws into her hands that my sister is no longer allowed in the school premises henceforth. My sister went there the next day and was explaining to her that she didn't touch the boys but only warned them. The woman just kept flaring up saying she harassed the boys then my sister too fired her back and said they should call the boy and ask. She went to the boys class amidst pushes and teachers dragging her not to enter she pushed her way through to the boys class and asked the boy if she touched him the boy said no. The woman was now yelling at her teachers that none of them can talk now that's she here. Meaning they all teamed up and reported to her the HM that my sister harassed the boy.

After all the argument, she threatened my sister with arrest if she sets her foot in the school again and my sister reminded her of the tooth issue that she was going to take up the matter and the owner of the school boasted that she already sacked the teacher and my sister can not do anything..

Their father was called and he came back talking trash every where that my sister went to school to fight.
My youngest sisters husband also went to the school to ask what happened and tried to settle it and all that. Now their father said the school authority said they don't want to see the children in the school again...
As in... I don't get....

She's trying to take up the matter but I said to leave them because now the woman claimed she already sacked the teacher that he chase might be futile. Instead let their father change school for them.

She's feeling bad about the way they treated her children and how nothing was done about the bullying. She wants justice for her children. Please Should she go ahead and take it up against the school because she said the woman didn't actually sack the teacher immediately, after that incidence like she claimed that it took a while and the teacher left of her own accord..

She should report the school to the appropriate department at the ministry of education

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by Greigns: 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2023
It depends on how they approached it
Re: School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying by Exceed15: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2023
You didn't handle the case well from inception. The solution is to change your kids from the school.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Be More Selfish? / Is It Wrong To Show Gratitude? / Household Appliances Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.