Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,962 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

ok - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ok (17156 Views)

Is It Ok For Ex To Be Wife Makeup Artist For Wedding / Ok I Agree Am A Lil Jealous,but......... / Why Do Men Think Their Extramarital Affairs Are Ok? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ok by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 27, 2011
Ok

1 Like

Re: ok by Outstrip(f): 6:17pm On Oct 27, 2011
You wear it after he puts it on your finger. I have always worn mine on my 2nd.
Re: ok by GODSJEWEL2: 7:59pm On Oct 27, 2011
I was told to put mine on my index finger before introduction but I shifted it to the wedding finger cos I notice some girls buy rings for themselves and form being 'engaged'.the other reason why I shifted is cos peopler only took me serious and more respectful when it was on d wedding finger.in any case do what you feel comfortable with
Re: ok by Outstrip(f): 8:13pm On Oct 27, 2011
The wedding and engagement finger are one and the same. Why would you wear the rings separately. I even have my engagement and wedding ring fused together
Re: ok by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 27, 2011
GODS JEWEL:

I was told to put mine on my index finger before introduction but I shifted it to the wedding finger cos I notice some girls buy rings for themselves and form being 'engaged'.the other reason why I shifted is cos peopler only took me serious and more respectful when it was on d wedding finger.in any case do what you feel comfortable with

It should be worn on your wedding finger - the next to the smallest of your left hand. And how can a ring designed for your wedding finger, fit your index one? Unless your index finger's as small as the wedding one, it'll be impossible.
Re: ok by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 27, 2011
@ all tanks very muc.i appreciat ur replies cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: ok by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 28, 2011
MY engagement ring was worn on my middle finger, moved it to my wedding finger(fourth finger) after the wedding. Thousands of people do it that way.
Re: ok by blank(f): 10:08am On Oct 28, 2011
I did what JK said, moved it to the second finger after wedding.
Re: ok by prudy2012(f): 9:15am On Oct 29, 2011
To me it depends on individual and their choice, i learn they wear it won on the index finger,the 3rd finger, My advice is this ,since you have be engaged and you are sure he is serious be BOLD and wear it knowing fully well that he will not Change his mind , in other ways ,its normally good to keep it and put it on back after the proper introduction has being made for the family to hold on to that and also not to block your way from other guys who has the interest should case he changes his mind
Any way broken engagement is better than broken marriage, yours will not break in Jesus name Amen
As for the gals, its normally even as you post it they will still be gals, GOOD LUCK
Re: ok by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 29, 2011
Wear it on d finger of d left hand that u use in saying fúck u!
Re: ok by denny4ril: 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2011
it should be placed on the middle finger and then on the second to the left finger
Re: ok by Outstrip(f): 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2011
I guess it is your ring and your finger so you can wear it anywhere you want. You can even wear on your thumb. The right finger to wear the ring in the fourth one. But there is nothing wrong in starting your own way. Who knows is another 50 years everybody will wear their rings on the middle finger
Re: ok by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 29, 2011
Honestly I think the right finger for an ENGAGEMENT RING is the middle finger. The fourth finger is the wedding finger, you are not married yet, so why should it be on the wedding finger?
Re: ok by Outstrip(f): 5:19pm On Oct 29, 2011
It is not called the wedding finger. There is just one finger dedicated for the ring and it is called the ring finger. The only time I hear people talk about the middle finger it is when it is with Nigerians. I have heard it enough times now that I think it is now what people do in Nigeria. Which is fine. Everyone does not have to do it the same way. The formal finger for any ring though (doesn't matter if it is an engagement ring or wedding band) is the fourth (ring) finger

1 Like

Re: ok by ogaju007(m): 6:08pm On Oct 29, 2011
Is it Gold ring? If it is, send it to me for research then il get back to you. grin grin
Re: ok by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 29, 2011
//
Re: ok by hannydarl(f): 8:33pm On Oct 30, 2011
Engagement rings should be worn on the wedding ring finger not on that finger you use to say" bleep you" lol. But our naija people believe that only wedding rings should be worn on the wedding ring finger not true. Oyinbo that did engagement  and the ring put it on the wedding ring finger of the woman.
Re: ok by jawjaw1: 5:30am On Oct 31, 2011
opens the door
looks into the room
shakes his head
tip toes backward
and shuts the door silently
dont blame him
its an all women zone
cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: ok by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 31, 2011
it should be on the fourth ring as done by those who invented proposals n rings, but naija mentality is for u to wear it on your middle finger which looks odd doh. i had a lot of comment wen i was engaged to but i refused to change it to my middle finger.
      Basically in d foreign context it goes like dis a proposal n d wedding so they av a ring for d engagement n a wedding band simple worn before n after d wedding on the ring finger cool
      Naija context proposal,introduction,engagement /wedding shocked so its meant to be a ring for the first three wyle d wedding band comes on the wedding day,d exact replica to be worn by the husband.
anyway in my church u r recognised as engaged wen ur ring is on the 4th finger!
Re: ok by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2011
Again Kulyie, your post is virtually impossible to comprehend. I was only able to work out what you were trying to get across by reading the responses from others.

You need to work on your basic literature - bad spelling, bad punctuation, bad spacing, bad grammar. This makes for bad comprehension, at least on my part. Your text-style writing doesn't help matters either. You really need to brush up on your English. All your words are jumbled up, and make little sense.

You did the same in your other thread, where you publicly showed your "fiance" up, because he dared eat suya on the beach.

4 Likes

Re: ok by BoOOosHBoy: 6:23am On Nov 12, 2011
Mmm
Re: ok by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 12, 2011
Does it matter?
Re: ok by adeddao: 5:43am On Mar 02, 2013
Fourth finger ȋ̝̊§ actually called ring finger, whether fashion, engagement or wedding ring, it ȋ̝̊§ the best finger for ring, putting it on another finger is inappropriate. Can you wear eye glasses on ur ear?
Re: ok by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
adeddao: Fourth finger ȋ̝̊§ actually called ring finger, whether fashion, engagement or wedding ring, it ȋ̝̊§ the best finger for ring, putting it on another finger is inappropriate. Can you wear eye glasses on ur ear?

exactly!!!
Re: ok by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
Kulyie is/was engaged? shocked shocked
Re: ok by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
u mean pesin open eye engage you kulyie of all people? The main rabid dog of nl? My only prayer is for him to live long. If na only kulyie remain for dis world, my brothers God forbid.

3 Likes

Re: ok by ireneidiva(f): 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
Sorry, your grammar is too bad. I really don't understand anything.
Re: ok by Pataki: 9:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
1. Is Kulyie actually engaged? cry

2. What a transformation if actually and truly indeed the current Kulyie is the same person as the OP in this thread. Makes me feel there is hope for madam first lady of Nigeria. grin
Re: ok by slimyem: 1:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
Better-person:
u mean pesin open eye engage you kulyie of all people? The main rabid dog of nl? My only prayer is for him to live long. If na only kulyie remain for dis world, my brothers God forbid.
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: ok by slimyem: 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
Pataki: 1. Is Kulyie actually engaged? cry

2. What a transformation if actually and truly indeed the current Kulyie is the same person as the OP in this thread. Makes me feel there is hope for madam first lady of Nigeria. grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: ok by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i cant imagine some peeps fell for a fictional story borne out of boredom grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Cousin's Mother-In-Law Is Tormenting Her! / Help If You Have Any Information About My Missing Brother / Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.