Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,456 members, 7,850,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:11 AM

No African Artist Bigger Than Burna Boy – Grammy Organisers - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / No African Artist Bigger Than Burna Boy – Grammy Organisers (380 Views)

Bose Ogulu: Burna Boy’s Grammy Win Is Best Mother’s Day Present (Video) / Wizkid Customize Ciroc Bottle, The First African Artist To Have It (Photo) / WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No African Artist Bigger Than Burna Boy – Grammy Organisers by Morbeta11(m): 7:13am On Nov 13, 2023
No African artist bigger than Burna Boy – Grammy organisers

The Recording Academy, organisers of the Grammy Awards, have postulated that there is no Afrobeats star or African artist who is “bigger” than Nigerian singer Damini Ogulu, aka Burna Boy.

The Academy made the assertion in a statement published on its website on Saturday, congratulating Burna Boy and other nominees for the newly created Best African Music Performance category at the 2024 Grammys.

The Grammys said Burna Boy is “firmly in his imperial era” havimg collaborated with “global stars such as Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber,” and also earned his first UK No. 1 album this year with “the classic hip-hop influenced I Told Them…, featuring appearances from 21 Savage, J. Cole, RZA, and GZA.”

The Academy said, “There’s not a bigger star in Afrobeats, or even the whole of Africa itself, than Burna Boy. He nabbed two consecutive Best Global Album GRAMMY nods for his albums Twice as Tall and African Giant, and he’s also collaborated with global stars such as Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber.”

DAILY POST reported that Burna Boy’s ‘City Boys’ was nominated in the maiden Best African Music Performance category at the 66th Grammys.

‘City Boys’ will contest the award with Davido and Musa Keys’ ‘Unavailable,’ Ayra Starr’s ‘Rush,’ Asake and Olamide’s ‘Amapiano, and Tyla’s ‘Water.’

Burna Boy also bagged nominations in three other categories; ‘Sitting On Top of the World’ featuring 21 Savage – Best Melodic Rap, ‘I Told Them’ – Best Global Music Album, and ‘Alone’ – Best Global Music Performance.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/11/12/no-african-artist-bigger-than-burna-boy-grammy-organisers/

1 Like

Re: No African Artist Bigger Than Burna Boy – Grammy Organisers by TemplarLandry: 7:15am On Nov 13, 2023
cool They're simply giving him ego massage.
He might end up winning nothing.

2 Likes

Re: No African Artist Bigger Than Burna Boy – Grammy Organisers by adesegun121(m): 7:15am On Nov 13, 2023
Congrat
Re: No African Artist Bigger Than Burna Boy – Grammy Organisers by immortalcrown(m): 7:15am On Nov 13, 2023
This kind of statement is made when the evaluation of artistes is not based on streams from stream farms but based on organic streams. If you know who Angelique Kidjo is, you will know that Burna got his first Grammy award with organic streams.

But the statement from the organisers does not mean Burna will be the winner. The one who uses money to buy fame and gets defended by his diehard fans may buy the award. He may even buy all the awards.
Re: No African Artist Bigger Than Burna Boy – Grammy Organisers by Seeing77: 7:21am On Nov 13, 2023
Speed Darlington (Akpi) smiley
Re: No African Artist Bigger Than Burna Boy – Grammy Organisers by BOSSkesh(m): 7:40am On Nov 13, 2023
It’s David’s turn
Re: No African Artist Bigger Than Burna Boy – Grammy Organisers by We4all: 7:43am On Nov 13, 2023
They should give it to my Ayra Starr. That babe is madly talented.

1 Like

Re: No African Artist Bigger Than Burna Boy – Grammy Organisers by Pierocash(m): 8:06am On Nov 13, 2023
Davido just left the group chat....
Re: No African Artist Bigger Than Burna Boy – Grammy Organisers by chiiraq802(m): 9:03am On Nov 13, 2023
What of retired,
She tell me say! She tell me say!! my baby tell me say crooner....

Comparing Burna with all this no contents artist in Africa is like comparing Kylian Mbappe of PSG and Rasmus Hojlund of that finished club in England. Una goodmorning.
Re: No African Artist Bigger Than Burna Boy – Grammy Organisers by Depriest2020: 9:10am On Nov 13, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool They're simply giving him ego massage.
He might end up winning nothing.
As long as Angelique Kidjo is not there to spoil show for Burna Boy, surely he would win at least one out of the 4 nominations. I also pray Davido wins one.

(1) (Reply)

Verydarkman Release Voicecall Evidence Of Mr Ibu Wife Trying To Kill Her Husband / “I Always Break Up When The Relationship Is On The Verge Of Marriage” — Actress / “why Tacha Cannot Be Faithful In Her Relationship” – Deeone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.