Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,935 members, 7,838,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry (32521 Views)

Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business / Bank Staff Escape Angry Customers By Using The Back Fence To Exit Bank / Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by seguno2: 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2023
Bliss62:
cool
Low GDP... Nigeria is like a king compared to this small countries yet we don't respect ourselves

One eye king of blind blacks
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by BolaAThubv(m): 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2023
Naija.Cover:
Una See This Life No Dey Balance, MTN ooooo

Don't Forget, Naija.Cover Bring This Update.
As long as say person no die, Naija. Cover no get news. Oga Cover, abeg go and hustle for some bad news

1 Like

Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by Larryndelaw: 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2023
TheSuperX:
What good is there to say? everybody dosen't like suffering in silence like you guys.
I'm not suffering....Myself and myself are very much okay. We don't depend on Govt. Go and do farming. All of you wnats to stay and make money on the internet. Lots of people came from Abroad to do farming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2023
post=126944552:

Source: https://dailytrust.com/mtn-to-exit-liberia-two-other-african-countries/
Add Nigeria please. Una wan kill person with disappearing data.
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by iamtardey: 5:53pm On Nov 13, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Meanwhile, Glo advertisements is faster them their network. undecided

They've invested more in adverts then the network itself Ganga...
aje ipolowo ti poju
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by Thonee(m): 5:58pm On Nov 13, 2023
Waiting for the xenophobic network to leave Nigeria too.
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by Lionessza6(f): 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2023
Thonee:
Waiting for the xenophobic network to leave Nigeria too.

So that a tribalist and religious bigot network can take over,and fail like they did before? cheesy

1 Like

Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by Lionessza6(f): 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2023
jrusky:
That is MTN headache. I don't give a f u c k in anything that have link with South Africa because South Africa will never allow any African owned company to breath in their country.... so if mtn collapse in Liberia I don't care.

Cry some more grin grin
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by blessshine: 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2023
MTN and Muiltichoice should just pack their load and leave our country. those Twp company are just too useless and also with their grand called Dangote
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by honourwealth(m): 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2023
Imagine NUM 1 in Nigeria

Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by Gerrard59(m): 7:23pm On Nov 13, 2023
victorclean:
I wish they exit Nigeria. A company without any assets in Nigeria and almost all their staff are on contract.

How can a company that has Nigeria as one of her biggest markets not have an asset in the same market?
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by Gerrard59(m): 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2023
saintnegroid:
I pray they exit Nigeria... They have milked us for a very long time

How has a company providing services over the years milked Nigerians? You are sounding like a communist.
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by victorclean(f): 7:38pm On Nov 13, 2023
Gerrard59:

How can a company that has Nigeria as one of her biggest markets not have an asset in the same market?

All is rented. From security guards to cooperate workers are all on contract. Despite this, their pay is average . The security guards alone earn more than most bank security guards.
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by Gerrard59(m): 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2023
victorclean:

All is rented, from security to cooperate workers are on contract.

But the firm has a graduate trainee program, which I believe will work as permanent staff. Abi no be so

That said, the business arrangement makes sense as MTN having permanent employees, even to the point of MTN's stores do not make business sense. Nigeria's large population also contributes - cheap labour.
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by victorclean(f): 7:53pm On Nov 13, 2023
Gerrard59:

But the firm has a graduate trainee program, which I believe will work as permanent staff. Abi no be so

That said, the business arrangement makes sense as MTN having permanent employees, even to the point of MTN's stores do not make business sense. Nigeria's large population also contributes - cheap labour.

Everything is contract after trainee. Vast majority of the permanent staff earn in dollars and mostly foreigners.

Their payment is fair compare to Indian, Chinese or Lebanese company. Security guards earn upto 100k/ month. You can imagine how much graduates earn
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by KingCold: 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2023
Lionessza6:

So that a tribalist and religious bigot network can take over,and fail like they did before? cheesy
it amazes me how such a tribalistic people get triggered by the so-called xenophobia in South Africa..I mean..

2 Likes

Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by Lionessza6(f): 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2023
KingCold:
it amazes me how such a tribalistic people get triggered by the so-called xenophobia in South Africa..I mean..

They love being victims and hate any form of accountability. Somebody else must be demonized for the things they perpetrate more than anyone else.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by KingCold: 8:47pm On Nov 13, 2023
Lionessza6:

They love being victims and hate any form of accountability. Somebody else must be demonized for the things they perpetrate more than anyone else.
Exactly, you hate your fellow Yoruba or Igbo but you want, expect and demand that a Xhosa, Zulu, Tswana person from South Africa to love you unconditionally if he doesn't you brand him a xenophobe..such hypocrisy is unbelievable

2 Likes

Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by Gerrard59(m): 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2023
victorclean:

Everything is contract after trainee. Vast majority of the permanent staff earn in dollars and mostly foreigners.

Their payment is fair compare to Indian, Chinese or Lebanese company. Security guards earn upto 100k/ month. You can imagine how much graduates earn

Yet you wish MTN, not the bold, exit Nigeria.

Nnna eh. Una no dey try oooo
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by Gerrard59(m): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2023
KingCold:

I just want to tell you South Africans, NEVER take the rants, chants and tears of tribalistic Nigerians seriously. They are the last people ever to accuse you people of discrimination. Whenever they accuse you folks of xenophobia, tell them that in Nigeria, governors deport fellow Nigerians within Nigeria. Inform them that fellow Nigerians enter farms to butcher innocent farmers and wipe out villages. Inform them that whenever others make a comment based on their immediate environment, they are told by others to "go back to Anambra". Also, babies from certain ethnic groups have "tainted blood".

Never be gaslighted or deceived by Nigerians that you South Africans are discriminatory. At least, you people are the wealthiest in Africa. Nigerians are the poorest in the world after defeating India to be in the pole position. Don't be gaslighted. They are too poor and wretched to accuse others of what they do for a living.

cc: Lionessza6

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by samwash(m): 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2023
Many pple say " thank God say Nigeria nor dey the list"
Make una dey play, very soon una go soon dey pay over #100 for 60sec call, then una eyes go clear.
The value of naira is weaken by the day and these company spend on dollars, maintenance costs is on a very high side.
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by saintnegroid(m): 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2023
Gerrard59:

How has a company providing services over the years milked Nigerians? You are sounding like a communist.
smiles.... One of the slaves to mtn spotted
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by victorclean(f): 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2023
Gerrard59:

Yet you wish MTN, not the bold, exit Nigeria.

Nnna eh. Una no dey try oooo

Scoring highest among the failed candidates does not give you pass.

MTN is not paying as a foreign company compare to the amount they make. MTN is better than Chinese, Indian and Lebanese company but all are enslaving Nigerian workers here.

MTN is far below average, while others from India, Chinese etc , are FAR FAR below average.
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by MeineMutter: 12:11am On Nov 14, 2023
Can MTN leave Nigeria fez? I wan check something.
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by Gerrard59(m): 1:07am On Nov 14, 2023
saintnegroid:
smiles.... One of the slaves to mtn spotted

Quite a pity your parents squandered their hard-earned resources sending you to school instead of rearing goats. A company providing services that is not mandatory for you to patronise is tagged milking Nigerians.

Bloody illiterate!
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by Gerrard59(m): 1:12am On Nov 14, 2023
victorclean:

Scoring highest among the failed candidates does not give you pass.

MTN is not paying as a foreign company compare to the amount they make.

Who are you to decide how much a company like MTN should pay? Are you a shareholder or a company executive? At what threshold are you using to decide?

MTN is better than Chinese, Indian and Lebanese company but all are enslaving Nigerian workers here.

You are mis-using words there. That is where your lawmakers come in to ensure new laws are set up to prevent such. Also, working employees long hours is prevalent in countries with plenty of people. Maybe Nigerians should stop having children scattered everywhere. After all, if people no too plenty, where MTN was see to "enslave" them? Also, that word is too heavy because the workers have the right to resign. After all, you mentioned a security staff can receive 100K monthly. Is the person chained to the post?
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by saintnegroid(m): 9:57am On Nov 14, 2023
Gerrard59:

Quite a pity your parents squandered their hard-earned resources sending you to school instead of rearing goats. A company providing services that is not mandatory for you to patronise is tagged milking Nigerians.

Bloody illiterate!
smiles.... E pain am. I for educate you how you are their slave but your head is full of coconut water. It's a pity. I won't mention your parents because I know they did a good job but you chose to be like lost sheep. Look for Jesus and your head go correct.
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by ThiagoKid(m): 8:40pm On Nov 14, 2023
Gerrard59:

Quite a pity your parents squandered their hard-earned resources
sending you to school instead of rearing goats
A company providing services that is not mandatory for you to patronise is tagged milking Nigerians.

Bloody illiterate!

How do you wanna make heaven? grin
Re: MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry by Cromagnon: 8:31pm On Nov 16, 2023
hilaryCU:

Igbos are everywhere
so that's a no

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. / Who Is The Richest Man In Nigeria / Photos: GUO Transport Company Loses 7 Luxury Buses To Inferno In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.