Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Tribute To Moomi Beatrice Olayemi - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Tribute To Moomi Beatrice Olayemi (269 Views)

Waoh!!! Beautiful Drawing Painting Painting Of Olayemi Zainab Balogun By Artist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tribute To Moomi Beatrice Olayemi by Hunter2009: 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2023
Biography Of Moomi Beatrice Olayemi

My grandmother by the name Beatrice Olayemi was born around 1926 to the family of Papa Adeosun and Mama Oserin at Oke Iloro street of Okemesi Ekiti. A young beautiful girl who grew up to be very well behaved that at the age of eight years she left her parents in Okemesi for Ilawe Ekiti on foot to go stay with her elder sister, Madam Otoola Osuntokun, the matriarch of the Osuntokun family from where we have the first CMD of UCH Professor Benjamin Osuntokun and former Ambassador of Nigeria to Germany, Professor Akinjide Osuntokun to mention but a few.

She stayed at Ilawe Ekiti for years and grew to become a very beautiful lady, the toast of many young men of that time but only one photographer caught her fancy, Adeoti who would later ask for her hand in marriage. As it was a custom then and being a virtuous lady who believed that a wife is meant to be a support system for her husband. So, she traveled back to Okemesi in order to work for a while so as to acquire enough to be able to stand on her feet and not become a liability to any man. She eventually married Samuel Adeoti Odedeji in 1950.

Tragedy struck. The young wife, fondly called Bia, began to give birth and lose the children. She gave birth to twin children and lost them, losing nine children in total, the most painful was Soji, who she lost the same period I was born leaving her with only Aduke and Sola, two daughters who stood with her through thick and thin.

My grandmother lived a very devoted life to God and her children. She loved the Lord with all her heart till she died. She equally loved people of God and she was a very virtuous woman. She left a legacy of love and sacrifice to God and humanity.

Tola Bolaji

Tributes To Moomi Beatrice Olayemi

My mother who sat and watched my infant head. You are a mother in a million. You suffered so much for me and my siblings. You were a virtuous woman and you imparted in me good virtues. Good night my loving mother till we meet at Jesus feet.
Aduke Bolaji
(Daughter)

Iya mi Asabi, ómó alara moko. Mama mi oninure, o feran ebi, omo, arale, o tun feran alejo. O laanu, olooto eniyan. Mama mi onigbagbo otito. Sun re o!
Sola Oladepo
(Daughter)

I thank God for the life mama lived and how God was good to her.
Mama was a hardworking woman.
She was a devoted woman and always went to church.
Since my mom died, she has always been with her brother. I remember the time I took my Dad to Lagos, she will always sit down in front of the house until I brought her brother back to Okemesi. So they loved each other.
Despite all that happened, you stood strong, Mama keep resting in the Lord.
Good night " Omo alara moko luji, omo akara keji sinu agbada tire ni ikoko lona ijoka, omo ori suwaju udi tele, omo alara Isa, o da ro o, o tun di oju ala
Deac. Esther Olufunke Omilabu (JP)
NIECE

Words fail me. You lost your only son when I was born. It was a gaping hole you filled with the way you loved us. You are a pillar of hope and support to your children and us. You laid the foundation that we now build upon. You're the reason we can run, the wind behind our sail and the wings on our eagle's soar. You really made the world a better place by your kindness. Thank you for loving us with all you have. We are your legacies touching the world.
Tola Bolaji
(Grand Son)

Iya rere, tooto, fimu finaa lati ran mo lo sukuru. I miss you soooo much moomi mi, as I fondly called you. You will always be in my heart. Ariro re mi n semi lu gbogbo ugba. Sunre laya Olodumare to fé o ju bi a se fé o lo.
Ajike Awe
(Grand Daughter)

"It is not length of life, but depth of life”. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Moomi had an opportunity to live a long life. But her most profound impact is the depth of her life.
The Depth of life that showed in her devotion to her husband, her children, her grandchildren, and her great-grandchildren.
The Depth of her life in her selflessness to her families-Nuclear and extended, her friends both far and near.
The Depth of her life in that she replicated such quality of humility, devotion and altruism in her children, her grandchildren and her great grandchildren.
Thank you Moomi for paving that path for us through the length and the depth of your life
Paul Bolaji
(Grand Son)

Moomi was an amazing grandmother who cared for everyone. Many of my friends wished she could be their grandmother but it's a blessing she was mine.
Sade Azeez
(Grand Daughter)

Grandma was a godly woman who lived an exemplary life. A woman of neat words and exceptional character, oh I cherish her! .
Bisola Ajilore
(Grand Daughter)

Moomi Asabi was a great grandmother. She was honest, devoted and committed to God and humanity. I thank God for the life she lived before passing on. An embodiment of grace; a good role model and blessing to the family and this generation. It shouldn't be a surprise that she birthed god-fearing, selfless and unwavering-in-faith women that made me her granddaughter. I love you grandma! You're superb!
Bimbo Oladepo
(Grand Daughter)

In loving memory of our dear Grandma, who graced this world for an incredible 97 years. Her life was a testament to strength, prayer, wisdom, and boundless love. She left an indelible mark on our hearts, nurturing us with her warmth, guidance, and cherished family traditions. Her laughter and kindness were a constant source of inspiration, and her presence illuminated our lives. Though she has departed this world, her legacy lives on in our hearts, as we continue to share the love, prayers and stories she gifted us. Rest in peace, dear Grandma, your memory will forever be a guiding light in our lives.
Olawale Awe, PhD.
(Grand Son In-Law)

The departure of a great heroine. Your prayers enticed me. Your smiles and kind gestures drew me to you. You were a super encourager 'A mother'. Those soft but instructive words still ring in my ears. Glaringly, the peaceable life you lived made you remain beautiful, fresh and shiny even in old age.
Moomi, I believe heroes don't die. They are forever with us, in the deepest of our hearts.
Rest on dearest mama.
Nike Bolaji
(Grand Daughter In-Law)

You truly were a special woman! You may have passed on, but your memories would always live on within your children and those you touched. Thank you for your sacrifices, your care and concern, your love and everything that you have done. Wherever you are, I know you are in a much better place.
Adebola Bolaji
(Grand Daughter In-Law)

Moomi, we miss you so much and we know that you are there in heaven guiding and watching us from above, We will never forget your smiles and your love.
Esther, Ella, Eunice, Elizabeth.
(Great Grandchildren)

Moomi, we love you and we know that you're watching us from above. Moomi we will always remember you. (Nifemi) and we also know that you will always love us and take care of us.(Femi) Moomi, we love you. (Feranmi)
(Great Grandchildren)

Great grandma.We will miss you.
Thank you for what you have done for grandma,Daddy and us your great-grand children.
Michelle and Michael Bolaji
(Great Grandchildren)

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Urgently Need A Wordpress Expert To Record Some Short Videos In These Manners. / My Visit To Thought Pyramid Art Center After Five Years./2020 / KM Prime Editor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.