Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 (9937 Views)

How Do The Lagos-kano Train Service Work? / Top 22 Richest People In Nigeria 2011 / Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by tpia5: 2:22am On Oct 28, 2011
didnt 23 hrs use to cover lagos to borno or am i getting it wrong.
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by tpia5: 2:24am On Oct 28, 2011
''And for those cheering that no more highway robber, this is even worst, at that speeds robbers on foot can jump in and out of the train at will''

haha.
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by arsenefc: 3:03am On Oct 28, 2011
tpia@:

haha.

Why are you so sadistic? Whats funny about that post?

Just because your life is empty and sad, you want others to be as unhappy as you are and will be for the rest of your life?
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by Nymphnode(m): 3:18am On Oct 28, 2011
Trains of those days travel at 120 km per hour so you should expect more this days. So with stops in Ibadan, osogbo, offa expect a 4 1/2 hr journey
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by LagBlogger(m): 5:02am On Oct 28, 2011
Good news
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by babaowo: 7:54am On Oct 28, 2011
d president can buy new morden private jet for his comfort,but outdated trains for his citizen.hope all d windows has iron wired because of wird animal,which is dangerous than armed robbers n road accident lol, Fellow nigerians hope unah go gbadun d trip sha?
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 28, 2011
the train will not take 23hr to get to ILORIN. vos it takes exactly 1hr from ILORIN to OFFA via train which is almost the same time it takes commercial bus. for my estimation i think it shouldn;t be more than 6hr.

GOOD DEVELOPEMNT. AT LEAST THE RAILWAYS WILL BE REVIVED.
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by COMPAQ(m): 8:28am On Oct 28, 2011
NRC should focus more on haulage. I would imagine that haulage would be more profitable than passenger. Which lunatic would go from lagos to Ilorin on a train that would probably take like 10hours, when you can go by road (however bad) in about 3 hours
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by baksonlee: 8:37am On Oct 28, 2011
Oletunow:

And for those cheering that no more highway robber, this is even worst, at that speeds robbers on foot can jump in and out of the train at will,

This guy don kolo I swear
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by fizzybaba(m): 8:46am On Oct 28, 2011
One would expect to find jarus on this thread
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 28, 2011
tpia@:

didnt 23 hrs use to cover lagos to borno or am i getting it wrong.

I used 17hrs to get to Jigawa from Lagos by road and swore never to travel that long again

Now some government is proposing 23 hours to ilorin! angry

SMH
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by kodewrita(m): 9:12am On Oct 28, 2011
my earlier wisecrack aside, I pray the rails start again. Even if they dont do spectacularly well, it would be nice to be able to fly into lagos and enter a train to Osogbo or go from there to lagos without having to sit in a bus in the car park for hours.

Let's see how this affects the NURTW's influence in the southwest.

Hope it works. Half loaf is better than full chin chin.
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by Pukkah: 9:24am On Oct 28, 2011
Lagos to Ilorin in 23 hours at how much?
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by Kx: 9:31am On Oct 28, 2011
Lagos to Benin is around 349 kilometers.Drive time is 5/6hrs on the average.
And some train will do 23hrs from Lagos to Ilorin a distance of about [b]260.69[/b]kilometers?
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by Jarus(m): 10:07am On Oct 28, 2011
I don't mind trying this on my next trip home, if only for adventure.
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by ChuckD2(m): 10:35am On Oct 28, 2011
alright people, we don't have all the facts but it is still a better alternative. trains run on rails which is more efficient than tyres on roads, rail lines mostly follow "almost straight" routes that are void of other users who might impede movement unlike on roads. train accidents are less frequent. as for bandits that may think of dispossessing commuters of their valuables, trains don't usually run at speeds that can permit someone gettin in and out as they please without sustaining serious injuries or even being fatal. my only concern is "how sustainable will it be?", "what's the management structure like?" maintenance nko? mismanagement in government parastatals might be its biggest problem yet, no be highway robbers.
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by ChuckD2(m): 10:57am On Oct 28, 2011
rail transport is the lifeblood of any nation. economic progress lies in an effective rail system and this country just failed to understand that simple fact. the living conditions of millions of ordinary nigerians will improve drastically if there's an efficient system running calabar (through ph) to sokoto, lagos to maiduguri, warri to katsina and so on. cost of transporting heavy goods such as coal, building materals, petrol, diesel,kerosene, you name it will be drastically reduced. and when you get these heavy goods off the roads, coupled with the hundreds of thousands of commuters, the existing roads will be less strained and thell last longer.
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by alex406(m): 11:05am On Oct 28, 2011
Please they should focus more on East to west,when it comes to travelling on road its very risky.
`
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by COUNTAWO: 11:40am On Oct 28, 2011
So happy to hear this. I pray it works just perfectly fine. This means more jobs, less truck (which over burden and spoil the roads) on the road.
I pray this will grow to other parts of Nigeria.
I also think GEJ shld focus on little little thing like this which means a whole lot to NIgerians.
CHEER UP NIGERIANS! Things can work,
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by KnowAll(m): 11:41am On Oct 28, 2011
about time undecided
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by wellheads(m): 11:42am On Oct 28, 2011
This is good news. Ilorin (and even Kwara) is gaining the respect and recognition it deserves.  cheesy
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by Gbenge77(m): 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2011
Hope it moves reasonably fast.
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by ElmA1(f): 8:13pm On Oct 28, 2011
bimboshore:

''And for those cheering that no more highway robber, this is even worst, at that speeds robbers on foot can jump in and out of the train at will''

I don die from laughing.

ROTFL!!!!!!!
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by tpia5: 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2011
NRC should focus more on haulage. I would imagine that haulage would be more profitable than passenger

true talk.

at least until they get better mileage.
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by tkovie2002(m): 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2011
Am so surprised that just one nairalander made a joke about 23 hours duration and everybody has started cursing. Grow up people, That train wont take more than 6 hours. Good job NRC.
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by DisGuy: 11:27pm On Oct 28, 2011
tkovie2002:

Am so surprised that just one nairalander made a joke about 23 hours duration and everybody has started cursing. Grow up people, That train wont take more than 6 hours. Good job NRC.

But the test run took 9hours to Ibadan, September and think about it why didnt they state the journey times in the press release

I'm really happy about this though, I love train journey, I hope the trains have double glazing to cut the noise I'll definitely be on a train to Ilorin very soon!!
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by kodewrita(m): 8:43am On Oct 29, 2011
Slow rail is better than no rail
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by doe: 10:53am On Oct 29, 2011
The below is a quote from march press release. Look like a 10 hour journey.
May just test first class return for fun. Ilorin girls make una ready for mesmiley
The train is expected to leave Iddo Terminal in Lagos State by 9 a.m. and arrive in Ilorin 7 p.m on the same day with stops at Agege, Ijoko, Abeokuta, Ibadan, Iwo, Ede, Oshogbo, Ikirun, Inisha and Offa.

Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by yamakuza: 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2011
doe:

The below is a quote from march press release. Look like a 10 hour journey.
May just test first class return for fun. Ilorin girls make una ready for mesmiley

10hrs without being able to take a proper pee!

My oh my!
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by blacksta(m): 2:47pm On Oct 29, 2011
Did it run on friday ?
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by DisGuy: 12:39am On Oct 31, 2011
yamakuza:

10hrs without being able to take a proper pee!

My oh my!

Says there'll be modern loo there, hope it wont be locked up or manned by someone hustling you for money like those at the Ozone cinema grin

The coaches are made up to 1st class sleeper, second class air-conditioned coaches and the economy class. There is also a restaurant coach and modern toilet facilities for passengers’ convenience, the statement said.

According to the statement, special operations staff have been deployed for the train service which also include medical officers and the Railway Police, adding that the train service is also fitted with baggage vans for bulk goods and farm produce.
Re: Lagos-ilorin Passenger Train Service Starts Friday October 28, 2011 by DisGuy: 12:41am On Oct 31, 2011
This is  a good way to spend the weekend in Kwara!!! Hope the coaches have plugs!!!

some smart alec should be buying up billboards to line the entire rail-road- massive advert revenue imo !!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Footwear Company In Nigeria / Money In Motion: 7 Benefits And Reasons Why Mobile Money Is The Future / Banks In Owerri Closed Over Payment Of Taxes To Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.