Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,031 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

The Art Of Do Nothing In Trading - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Art Of Do Nothing In Trading (120 Views)

Started In Trading / How Long It Takes To Reach Profit In Trading? / Interested In Trading Cryptocurrency? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Art Of Do Nothing In Trading by ituglobal(m): 9:20am On Nov 14, 2023
(excerpts)

“In trading, patience and the ability to sit still is not only a virtue, it’s gold . Doing nothing can be one of the most productive things you can do. But as one would expect, being the addicts that we are, the moment the trading session opens, we feel the urge to become more productive all of a sudden. It’s like our minds will not let us enjoy doing nothing. We have to analyze, anticipate, worry, stress, tweak, especially when we’re not supposed to”

“Society… it conditions us to continually chase money, power, and a faster, wilder pace of life. Don’t slow down, and God forbid don’t pause, don’t reflect. Keep chasing or you fall behind.

Over-schedule, overthink, overwork… this is the mantra. This is supposed to be what progress is. This is supposed to be what success is. Early, we learn to believe that this is absolutely normal, and in due time it becomes an addiction.

We can’t sit still for a moment. Just like any addict, sitting still and doing nothing makes us feel unproductive. We feel we’re losing time, so we become agitated.”

“Have you ever noticed that all these experiences–thoughts and sensations–are continuous?

You’re constantly pulled to mental states and body states, and, most of the time, you’re not aware that you are. You’re automatically in the stories, you believe them, and they urge you to act in a certain way. Which you do. Have you ever noticed that too?

Then, next thing you know, you’re entering your trades at the wrong time; you’re exiting at the wrong time; you’re removing your stop-loss; you’re increasing or decreasing your position size… essentially, you’re going against your trading rules.

This is a problem because this lack of awareness of your urges is costing you money. Trading is mostly a waiting game where you have to strike only when the time is right. If you want action that happens on your own terms, you’re in the wrong field. As a trader, you simply can’t afford to lack self-awareness.”

“The market does not hurry, it moves at its own rhythm, on its own time. And self-awareness helps you cultivate patience and ‘do nothing’ as that happens. This ability to let the market do its thing saves you time and energy. It allows trades to come to you. It puts a stop to the chasing. It embraces the natural order and evolution of things.” -

“The Do-Nothing technique is simply about interrupting your impulsive behaviors. It’s cultivating a calm acceptance that things in life can and will often happen in a different order than the one you could be holding in mind. It’s keeping a good attitude while waiting for your pitch. And this all starts with awareness.”

Source: TradingView
Re: The Art Of Do Nothing In Trading by Mall: 5:39pm On Jan 04
I want to add some useful information from myself the user-friendly platform, coupled with its advanced counterpart, serves as my compass in navigating the dynamic financial markets fbs broker develops trading expertise through comprehensive educational resources. From webinars to in-depth analysis, these tools give me the knowledge I need to make informed decisions. The broker's commitment to client success is evident through the availability of risk management tools that allow me to tailor my trading strategies to suit my financial goals.

(1) (Reply)

Peeled Copper Wire Scrap / Male Cleaners Urgently Needed (50k Salary) / Top 10 Most Profitable Business To Start With 20k In Nigeria | 2023 Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.