Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Cane Rat Caught With Trap - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cane Rat Caught With Trap (59620 Views)

Huge Antelope My Brother Caught With Trap (PHOTOS) / Snake And Cane Rat For Dinner (Photos) / Live Female Antelope Caught With Trap, To Be Sold For N5000 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by illicit(m): 9:45pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I made my own. I reject every idea that I was not first consulted on nor voluntarily subscribe to. undecided

I guess you dress the way u like and speak anyhow u like?
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Nov 15, 2023
illicit:
β–  Yeah so why talking about people u know nothing about?
What the heck? Are you high on fumes or something? I was talking to OP and OP told me of his ancestors. Why are you making this about you? undecided
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Nov 15, 2023
illicit:
β–  I guess you dress the way u like and speak anyhow u like?
Duh! undecided
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Goziesolar: 9:47pm On Nov 15, 2023
It's actually called "Gambia rat" prevalent on farm locations or suburbs with a lot of building blocks and large holes
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Jakinyemi: 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2023
This is punch rat
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by illicit(m): 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What the heck? Are you high on fumes or something? I was talking to OP and OP told me of his ancestors. Why are you making this about you? undecided
U made this about u

He was not there when someone turned to a rat, it was passed down to him

That's culture, oh I forgot u don't have one

πŸ˜‰
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by drololaaof: 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2023
Guyman01:

We used to call it "rabbit" in the village back then because we didn't know it's oyinbo name, it's actually called Cane Rat and not rabbit which has long ears and cab be domesticated
Whether we know the oyibo name or not it is called rabbit and if you are not satisfied it is called 'okete,' white at the end of the tail, hand and foot
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2023
illicit:
U made this about u He was not there when someone turned to a rat, it was passed down to him That's culture, oh I forgot u don't have one πŸ˜‰
I never did any of what you accuse me of and this is why I am puzzled as to why you are heavy on making this your issue. undecided
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Magnoliaa(f): 9:55pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am not concerned about your not eating it yourselves. It is just that you are handing a potential relative of yours out for others to eat though. undecided

You're something else. grin
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2023
saintopus:
This is rabbit, not giant rat.
This is a rat not a rabbit…. People from delta do call it rabbit

1 Like

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Magnoliaa(f): 9:58pm On Nov 15, 2023
qtguru:
grin This is why i come to NL

Nahh, one of the rare times this site is elite.

What is TwitterNG? grin

All of the savage lords and bant masters on here have migrated.
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by illicit(m): 9:58pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I never did any of what you accuse me of and this is why I am puzzled as to why you are heavy on making this your issue. undecided

You questioned and disrespected his culture, thereby his ancestors...

That's wrong

He doesn't eat rats because his people don't, but anyone can eat it, he doesnt care, why questioning that?
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by purples25(f): 10:03pm On Nov 15, 2023
Let's not shame people with awkward questions, it might affect them offline. I am actually worried about the guy who said they don't eat the giant rat due to someone in his lineage turning to one. No post from him again. I pray he stays safe.

1 Like

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by macho44(m): 10:04pm On Nov 15, 2023
osuolale95:

One of our forefather turns to this, years ago.

So me eating this is like eating my forefathers
For Real? Was he into WITCHCRAFT?
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 10:07pm On Nov 15, 2023
illicit:
β–  You questioned and disrespected his culture, thereby his ancestors... That's wrong. He doesn't eat rats because his people don't, but anyone can eat it, he doesnt care, why questioning that?
Show me proof of my questioning or disrespecting his culture or forever hold your peace. lipsrsealed
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Nov 15, 2023
purples25:
β–  Let's not shame people with awkward questions, it might affect them offline. I am actually worried about the guy who said they don't eat the giant rat due to someone in his lineage turning to one.
β– No post from him again. I pray he stays safe.
What awkward question was asked to shame him? undecided

That's not true! undecided
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by illicit(m): 10:10pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Show me proof of my questioning or disrespecting his culture or forever hold your peace. lipsrsealed

Here

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On Nov 15, 2023
illicit:
Here
Look at this one desperately trying to make an issue out of a mole hill. Abeg waka pass me! undecided
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by illicit(m): 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Look at this one desperately trying to make an issue out of a mole hill. Abeg waka pass me! undecided

Why will his relative eat rat when it's their culture, do u think it's personal?

It's not just the OP that doesn't eat rats, it's a culture among his people

Can u understand that?
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Caleycash(m): 10:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
osuolale95:

One of our forefather turns to this, years ago.

So me eating this is like eating my forefathers
MUMU* πŸ˜† 🀣
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2023
Caleycash:
MUMU* πŸ˜† 🀣
He is not a mumu though. It is his belief and so should be respected. And even better, he is not imposing it on others. undecided
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by purples25(f): 10:18pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What awkward question was asked to shame him? undecided

That's not true! undecided

Maybe you didn't mean to shame him. But let's look at it like this, a lot of us had the same question on our minds, on the tips of our tongues or fingers, but we would not ask it. Why, because we have that premonition that the person might get upset or offended and hurt by it. You don't know who is strong and who is not, so you have to tread carefully.

All the same, there's an advantage to blunt or straightforward people like you who ask questions or say things, not sensing that it might hurt someone. Your kind of person pushes breakthroughs and discoveries of new knowledge in history.

I used to wonder how there are people that don't pause and think that something they say might hurt someone. But I've been around that type and I realized that they really don't think what they say is harmful, they have a kind of hurtful, callous innocence about them. They are just curious without second thoughts. I think you're like that.

2 Likes

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:19pm On Nov 15, 2023
Olumighty123:

Abeg I no fit laugh grin

This guy dey win the argument jare
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 10:22pm On Nov 15, 2023
purples25:
β–  Maybe you didn't mean to shame him. But let's look at it like this, a lot of us had the same question on our minds, on the tips of our tongues or fingers, but we would not ask it. Why, because we have that premonition that the person might get upset or offended and hurt by it. You don't know who is strong and who is not, so you have to tread carefully. All the same, there's an advantage to blunt or straightforward people like you who ask questions or say things, not sensing that it might hurt someone. Your kind of person pushes breakthroughs and discoveries of new knowledge in history. I used to wonder how there are people that don't pause and think that something they say might hurt someone. But I've been around that type and I realized that they really don't think what they say is harmful, they have a kind of hurtful, callous innocence about them. They are just curious without second thoughts. I think you're like that.
All this is great and stuff but I fail to see the relation between this and what I asked or said to OP. undecided

OP said he does not eat these rats because an ancestor of his turned into one, and I respect that belief of his. My question to him was regarding the welfare of his other potential ancestors or relatives out there who maintain that ability to turn into rats. Indians' for example protect elephants and snakes because of similar beliefs they hold. Even cows are protected in India. But OP does not hold any ideas regarding the need to protect the animals from harm as he readily offers them up to others to eat. That puzzled me. I expected OP to say that because of the relationship shared, he would protect the animal or something. Not throw it into someone else's pot of soup. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Caleycash(m): 10:25pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
He is not a mumu though. It is his belief and so should be respected. And even better, he is not imposing it on others. undecided
That's still a stvpid believe!, sorry, not everything told to you when you were a kid you believed now, isn't it?
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by vislabraye(m): 10:25pm On Nov 15, 2023
saintopus:
This is rabbit, not giant rat.

Rabbit dey different nah

2 Likes

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Nov 15, 2023
Caleycash:
That's still a stvpid believe!, sorry, not everything told to you when you were a kid you believed now, isn't it?
I have friends who believe cows as sacred creatures and not once have I thought them to be stewpid beings. As a matter of fact, out of respect, I don't eat beef, if I can help it, in front of them. undecided

1 Like

Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by illicit(m): 10:27pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:

πŸ˜‹

🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by purples25(f): 10:29pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
All this is great and stuff but I fail to see the relation between this and what I asked or said to OP. undecided

OP said he does not eat these rats because an ancestor of his turned into one, and I respect that belief of OP's. My question to him was regarding the welfare of his other ancestors or relatives out there who maintain that ability to turn into rats. Indians' for example protect elephants and snakes because of similar beliefs they hold. Even cows are proctected. But OP does not hold any ideas regarding the need to protect the animals from harm as he readily offers them up to others to eat. That puzzled me. I expected OP to say that because of the relationship shared, he would protect the animal or something. Not throw it into someone else's pot of soup. undecided

I also understand you but as you can see, others have used this straightforward question of yours to ridicule the person in question. As you being you, you didn't see what others would use your statement to do. All I'm saying is that someone else would've probably seen the possibility of mockery by others ahead of time, and, refrained from asking that question to prevent it.

If you so choose, you can try to evaluate the way others would use or perceive your statement next time, just as a sensitive move to protect the person you are conversing with.
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Caleycash(m): 10:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I have friends who believe cows as sacred creatures and not once have I thought them to be stewpid beings. As a matter of fact, out of respect, I don't eat beef, if I can help it, in front of them. undecided
Lol okay oo, you don't eat beef out of respect to displease yourself to please others??, you sound ridiculous and needs to discover yourself!, how about they respect your decision on enjoying your steaky delicious beef πŸ˜‹, how about that??
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On Nov 15, 2023
purples25:
β–  I also understand you but as you can see, others have used this straightforward question of yours to ridicule the person in question. As you being you, you didn't see what others would use your statement to do. All I'm saying is that someone else would've probably seen the possibility of mockery by others ahead of time, and, refrained from asking that question to prevent it.
If you so choose, you can try to evaluate the way others would use or perceive your statement next time, just as a sensitive move to protect the person you are conversing with.
So out of fear of what others might say we should stay away from having conversations? You are kidding, right? undecided
Re: Cane Rat Caught With Trap by ncoolsome(m): 10:37pm On Nov 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Oh, I see! undecided

So, you don't eat it because one of your forefathers used to wear that image but you give it to others with no thought as to whether that could also be a relative of yours? undecided

Na you ask question and now you are questioning the answer...what do humans really want ??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

20 Wonder-working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew! / How Many Plates Would You Eat In This Situation? (pic) / Pictures Of The Massive Python My Dad Caught

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.