Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Obtaining A Police Clearance Certificate From North Cyprus - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Obtaining A Police Clearance Certificate From North Cyprus (407 Views)

Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate / My Cousin Came Back From North Cyprus After 5years With Nothing / North Cyprus: Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obtaining A Police Clearance Certificate From North Cyprus by reubzs: 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
Good evening fellow members. I completed my studies at Cyprus International University in the Turkish Republic of North Cyprus (TRNC) in 2019 and returned to Nigeria. Currently, I am in the process of obtaining a Police Clearance Certificate from TRNC. Through my research, I discovered that I either need to be physically present in TRNC or appoint someone legally certified to obtain the clearance certificate on my behalf.

To facilitate this, I engaged a lawyer who prepared a Power of Attorney (POA) to empower him to obtain the certificate on my behalf. However, before sending the POA to TRNC, it needed to be certified in both Nigeria and Turkey, with the lawyer arranging for a third party to assist in the process. After successful certification in Nigeria, I dispatched the document to Turkey.

Unfortunately, upon reaching Turkey, the lawyer informed me that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Turkey, the designated certification authority, no longer certifies documents destined for TRNC. This poses a significant challenge since, according to the lawyer, TRNC police still require the POA to be certified in Turkey before issuing the certificate.

I am currently at a loss on how to proceed with obtaining the certificate. If anyone has experienced a similar situation or can offer advice on the best course of action to secure the Police Clearance Certificate from TRNC, your assistance would be immensely appreciated. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Obtaining A Police Clearance Certificate From North Cyprus by Temas: 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
Reach out to the contact in the attached. Please do your due deligence. Good luck

Re: Obtaining A Police Clearance Certificate From North Cyprus by reubzs: 2:49pm On Nov 16, 2023
Temas:
Reach out to the contact in the attached. Please do your due diligence. Good luck

Thanks for the response. I've tried reaching out to the person but got no response. I'll keep trying though.

(1) (Reply)

US Visa Interview / Visiting Or You Know Anyone Visiting Sokoto? Book Your Hotel Accommodation / Aero Contractos, First Nation, Are Not Folding Up- NCAA Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.