Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . (706 Views)

How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) / Learning Programming. (my Nairaland Journal) / Don't Just Learn To Know But Learn To Build (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . by Englishisamust: 6:37pm On Nov 15, 2023
I will want to learn a new programming language, I will go to tutsnode to download 7gb course and end of the day I will still not know it very well, I came across one YouTube video learn a programming language in 1 hour.
I downloaded can you believe I find it more explanatory than watching 7gb of large videos the only rest of the thing that is guiding me is w3w school to learn the language more... I will never download long videos course to learn a programming language again.
The highest I can go right now is 2 hours and I will use w3w school and documentation as backings... grin. Can you guys share your experience watching long video tutorials course for any programming language!!!

1 Like

Re: I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . by nnatobryno(m): 6:51pm On Nov 15, 2023
If that's what works for you. Just understand bthat nobody learns programming in 1hr

2 Likes

Re: I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . by Englishisamust: 7:18pm On Nov 15, 2023
nnatobryno:
If that's what works for you. Just understand bthat nobody learns programming in 1hr

Sure!! You learn getting ur hands dirty with project!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . by Maxxim: 11:09am On Nov 16, 2023
Have you tried w3w school with chatgpt, it goes hand in hand
I think one of the problems with learning programming or any tech course is the lack of interactive guidance when faced with misunderstandings. ChatGPT is there to tutor and elaborate on the curious parts.
Re: I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . by BlackhatMentor: 8:40am On Nov 17, 2023
The deceive yourself.

You must watch long videos or read for hours if you're learning a new language.

Unless all you care about is surface level knowledge of the said language
Re: I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . by ovanda(m): 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2023
Please seniors, pardon my ignorance. I keep hearing people saying they use documentation. What is documentation and how is it used?
Re: I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . by Englishisamust: 7:54am On Nov 19, 2023
ovanda:
Please seniors, pardon my ignorance. I keep hearing people saying they use documentation. What is documentation and how is it used?

If you buy a tv, you will see a manual that will guide you to use the tv, the same applies to programming.. documentation is just softcopy of the manual to guide u on the programming language you are learning grin

Hope you are clear!!!

1 Like

Re: I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . by shreygautam: 9:46am On Nov 20, 2023
Today, I uncovered a new insight into learning programming, discovering its dynamic and ever-evolving nature. Embracing this journey, I recognize the importance of staying updated and gaining foundational skills. For aspiring programmers, The IoT Academy offers an exceptional Python course for beginners. This course provides a solid introduction to programming, empowering learners with the fundamentals needed to navigate the coding landscape. Enroll now to embark on a transformative learning experience, enhancing your programming prowess and setting the stage for a successful coding journey. Elevate your skills with our Python course and unlock the doors to a world of possibilities.
Re: I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . by StormpyBee: 7:57pm On Nov 20, 2023
Hello Professionals, please how do I commence a learning path of software engineering. I spoke to a couple of schools and their fees are over a million naira.

Although I have access to Udemy subscription from my company, can some please share the learning path or the quickest way to get right into it.

Thanks all
Re: I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . by BlackhatMentor: 8:13pm On Nov 20, 2023
StormpyBee:
Hello Professionals, please how do I commence a learning path of software engineering. I spoke to a couple of schools and their fees are over a million naira.

Although I have access to Udemy subscription from my company, can some please share the learning path or the quickest way to get right into it.

Thanks all

Follow the Udemy course.

It has a defined learning path

Unless those about to charge u a million Naira also has a Job waiting for you after u complete their course I'll tel u it isn't worth it.

What you'll learn there is also on Udemy

But if you'd like to learn with other people in a class then u can pay them to learn

1 Like

Re: I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . by LUAN(m): 8:08am On Nov 21, 2023
StormpyBee:

Thanks all
please can I benefits from the subscription? Is it possible? I heard it can be extended to outsider
Re: I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . by StormpyBee: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Follow the Udemy course.ì

It has a defined learning path

Unless those about to charge u a million Naira also has a Job waiting for you after u complete their course I'll tel u it isn't worth it.

What you'll learn there is also on Udemy

But if you'd like to learn with other people in a class then u can pay them to learn

Thanks Bro. Sticking to Udemy works fine. Since my job only requires I have an idea of how software Engineering works.
Re: I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . by StormpyBee: 8:48am On Nov 21, 2023
LUAN:
please can I benefits from the subscription? Is it possible? I heard it can be extended to outsider

It's difficult as I have to log you in with my official email.
Re: I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . by ovanda(m): 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2023
Englishisamust:

If you buy a tv, you will see a manual that will guide you to use the tv, the same applies to programming.. documentation is just softcopy of the manual to guide u on the programming language you are learning grin

Hope you are clear!!!

Thank you very much. I am clear.
Re: I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . by CHRISTFUCKER: 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2023
Learn cpp or Java
Re: I Just Learn A New Thing About Learning Programming Today . by CHRISTFUCKER: 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2023
StormpyBee:

Thanks all

Learn cpp or Java

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Asp/vb.net Image / In Search Of Knowledge: / I Need Info Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.