Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,567 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? (6984 Views)

Challenge To All The Kufar Among Muslims / Muslim leader chides Afenifere, YCE over religious composition / Before The Media Set The Nation On The Path Of Religious War: MSSN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Lukgaf(m): 6:39am On Nov 17, 2023
In the realm of Islamic scholarship, the question arises: Ignorance or Insincerity?

Conflicts among scholars unfolding on social media reveal the inherent diversity in people's characters, perspectives, and understanding, naturally leading to differences of opinion. While some differences are acceptable, others, particularly those fostering division, hostility, hatred, partisanship, and struggle, pose a serious threat to the unity of the Ummah.

Controversies often stem from a lack of awareness of certain issues, as Ibn Taymiyyah wisely noted: "Disputes are often over a small aspect of the issue rather than its overall aspects." [Iqtidaa’us-siraat (1/149)]. Unfortunately, many judge others based on hearsay, lacking the diligence to cross-examine and investigate the truth. This tendency often results from the manipulation of information by those seeking to sow discord within the Islamic community.

What is truly lamentable is that conflicting parties often fail to engage in meaningful discussions, exacerbating the chasm between them. Suspicion and castigation of others' intentions further deepen these divides, making reconciliation difficult. The pursuit of self-triumph, coupled with an unwavering adherence to personal views, can lead to the rejection of truth and the contradiction of correct opinions.

Addressing the complexities of ignorance, intertwined with differences in interpretation, cultural and regional variances, and miscommunication, poses challenges. Similarly, sincerity concerns are entangled with issues like personal egos, ambitions, and societal or political influences. When these controversies are aired live or posted online, the immediacy and accessibility of online platforms intensify the impact, potentially causing turmoil within the Muslim community and posing a danger to future generations. Exposure to divisive narratives could shape their understanding of Islam.

Efforts to address these controversies necessitate open and respectful dialogue, a willingness to comprehend diverse perspectives, and a commitment to finding common ground. Recognizing the inherent diversity of thought within the Islamic scholarly community is crucial. Constructive discussions can deepen our understanding of religion, but when conflicts arise from ignorance or insincerity, initiatives promoting education, mutual respect, and ethical conduct become imperative for successful dispute resolution.

Impartiality towards the truth and sincere loyalty to Allah remove the hurdles of differences, but this endeavor demands a struggle with oneself, compelling it to submit humbly to the truth. The broader goal should be to safeguard the unity and cohesion of the Muslim community, emphasizing shared values and fostering an environment of mutual respect and understanding.

May Allaah grant us an understanding of His religion

Ustadh Ibrahim Albanny

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Debangis20(m): 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2023
Ameen.
Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Lukuluku69(m): 3:43pm On Nov 21, 2023
1. Ignorance
2. Insecurity
3. Self-Conceit
4. Then Ignorance again.

I avoid them like a Plaque.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:25am On Nov 24, 2023
Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Padipadi(m): 9:48am On Nov 24, 2023
Lukuluku69:
1. Ignorance
2. Insecurity
3. Self-Conceit
4. Then Ignorance again.

I avoid them like a Plaque.
But you and other muslims are guilty of the above.

14 Likes

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Padipadi(m): 9:50am On Nov 24, 2023
Lukgaf:
In the realm of Islamic scholarship, the question arises: Ignorance or Insincerity?

Conflicts among scholars unfolding on social media reveal the inherent diversity in people's characters, perspectives, and understanding, naturally leading to differences of opinion. While some differences are acceptable, others, particularly those fostering division, hostility, hatred, partisanship, and struggle, pose a serious threat to the unity of the Ummah.

Controversies often stem from a lack of awareness of certain issues, as Ibn Taymiyyah wisely noted: "Disputes are often over a small aspect of the issue rather than its overall aspects." [Iqtidaa’us-siraat (1/149)]. Unfortunately, many judge others based on hearsay, lacking the diligence to cross-examine and investigate the truth. This tendency often results from the manipulation of information by those seeking to sow discord within the Islamic community.

What is truly lamentable is that conflicting parties often fail to engage in meaningful discussions, exacerbating the chasm between them. Suspicion and castigation of others' intentions further deepen these divides, making reconciliation difficult. The pursuit of self-triumph, coupled with an unwavering adherence to personal views, can lead to the rejection of truth and the contradiction of correct opinions.

Addressing the complexities of ignorance, intertwined with differences in interpretation, cultural and regional variances, and miscommunication, poses challenges. Similarly, sincerity concerns are entangled with issues like personal egos, ambitions, and societal or political influences. When these controversies are aired live or posted online, the immediacy and accessibility of online platforms intensify the impact, potentially causing turmoil within the Muslim community and posing a danger to future generations. Exposure to divisive narratives could shape their understanding of Islam.

Efforts to address these controversies necessitate open and respectful dialogue, a willingness to comprehend diverse perspectives, and a commitment to finding common ground. Recognizing the inherent diversity of thought within the Islamic scholarly community is crucial. Constructive discussions can deepen our understanding of religion, but when conflicts arise from ignorance or insincerity, initiatives promoting education, mutual respect, and ethical conduct become imperative for successful dispute resolution.

Impartiality towards the truth and sincere loyalty to Allah remove the hurdles of differences, but this endeavor demands a struggle with oneself, compelling it to submit humbly to the truth. The broader goal should be to safeguard the unity and cohesion of the Muslim community, emphasizing shared values and fostering an environment of mutual respect and understanding.

May Allaah grant us an understanding of His religion

Ustadh Ibrahim Albanny
You v spoken with wisdom. But I v done questions. Are you prepared to answer them?
Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Lukuluku69(m): 9:51am On Nov 24, 2023
Padipadi:

And you are above them all?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Available9: 9:51am On Nov 24, 2023
Muslims see religion as a competition...that's why they kill to get rewarded...and that's another reason why you cannot separate Islam and terrorism.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by money121(m): 9:55am On Nov 24, 2023
Ok
Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by beardedboy(m): 10:05am On Nov 24, 2023
Available9:
Muslims see religion as a competition...that's why they kill to get rewarded...and that's another reason why you cannot separate Islam and terrorism.
I'm sure you have Muslim neighbours and colleagues yet you're still alive. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Lukuluku69(m): 10:10am On Nov 24, 2023
Available9:

Yet you are Alive with all The Muslims in and around you?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:16am On Nov 24, 2023
Its embarrassing
Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Available9: 10:21am On Nov 24, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Yet you are Alive with all The Muslims in and around you?

Because I am stronger than them...just the way American and Israel are stronger than them

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Available9: 10:22am On Nov 24, 2023
beardedboy:

I'm sure you have Muslim neighbours and colleagues yet you're still alive. undecided

Because I am stronger than them just the way America and Israel are stronger than them

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Ola9ja23: 10:24am On Nov 24, 2023
We disagree to agree especially with level of modernisation and technology has brought lots of understanding into our religion

Example is the changing of Surh prayer from it's previous stable 2:pm to between 1:00 to 1:30

Many Islamic schoolers disagreed for this change of time but with modern equipment and technology we come to understand that sometimes we have long day and short night while sometime wc have long night and short days

I think it's normal to disagree to agree.

May Allah Subuhanalahi watahala guide us to the righteous part

1 Like

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Lukuluku69(m): 10:27am On Nov 24, 2023
Available9:

Because I am stronger than them...just the way American and Israel are stronger than them

OK Mr. Stronger Than Them.

Enjoy being Stronger cool
Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Available9: 10:31am On Nov 24, 2023
Lukuluku69:

OK Mr. Stronger Than Them.

Enjoy being Stronger cool

Thank you

7 Likes

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by beardedboy(m): 10:35am On Nov 24, 2023
Available9:

Because I am stronger than them just the way America and Israel are stronger than them
Killing children is your definition of strength. Says a lot about you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Lukuluku69(m): 10:38am On Nov 24, 2023
Ola9ja23:
We disagree to agree especially with level of modernisation and technology has brought lots of understanding into our religion

Example is the changing of Surh prayer from it's previous stable 2:pm to between 1:00 to 1:30

Many Islamic schoolers disagreed for this change of time but with modern equipment and technology we come to understand that sometimes we have long day and short night while sometime wc have long night and short days

I think it's normal to disagree to agree.

May Allah Subuhanalahi watahala guide us to the righteous part

Very true. We can disagree on matters bothering on Our interpretations, ideas etc butt what I found nauseating is to now draw a Line and say whoever or whatever that doesn't align with your own views is not Islamic and others are nor Millions.

Take the issue of Prayers time changes for instances. The Prophetic Tradition is to use the Sun Movement as Signposts . Anyone who observes Zuhr by 2pm or chooses to do so by 1pm are all Right in my opinion and that shouldn't bring any name calling or Kafir hunting amongst us.

Allahu Alam
Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by OPICANTO2223: 10:39am On Nov 24, 2023
Pure taquyah insincerity. Not ignorance. Muslims learnt Beheading, insincerity (taquyah) from devil book Hadith and Koran.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Lukuluku69(m): 10:43am On Nov 24, 2023
Available9:

Thank you

But your Israel kill Christians too and bomb Churches but since they kill more Muslims, it is all good to you.

There are Christians in Dubai, Qatar, Riyadh and many Muslim majority and owned Lands, are those Christians Stronger than the Muslims there too?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Padipadi(m): 10:54am On Nov 24, 2023
Lukuluku69:

And you are above them all?
If I tear you slap, hypocrite!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Lukuluku69(m): 11:00am On Nov 24, 2023
Padipadi:

If I tear you slap, hypocrite!

Looking for that fight by all means possible Mr. Arab/Jews matters doesn't interest me?

Well, from what I have seen so far, you are not up to scratch.

So, run along Oaf cool
Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by redheart(m): 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2023
The religion of blood have come again. Murderers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by AirBay: 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2023

5 Likes

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:29pm On Nov 24, 2023
I will convert to Islam the day I will see any of them condemning all the Terror attack targeted against non Muslim

Till then all of them are still the same

4 Likes

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by bigman001(m): 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2023
Available9:

Ignorance will not kill you, Sense can never be your mate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by gaskiyamagana: 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2023
Padipadi:

How?
Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Padipadi(m): 3:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
gaskiyamagana:

How?

Answer these seven perfect questions that has all elements of hypocrisy by moslems especially in Nigeria. Remember 7 is the no of perfection and Nigeria sef has 7 letters:

1. Is it right for moslems to stop people from celebrating their festivals in Ilorin and they declared that Ilorin is a moslem town. Is there a moslem town, Christian town of traditional people's town in Nigeria? Meanwhile those that were prevented from celebrating their festivals were indigenes of Ilorin.

2. Is Nigeria s muslim country?

3. Which law is greater? Sharia law or the law of the constitution of Nigeria?

4. What's your view about blasphemy killings?

5. Is it really right or scriptural from the Koran?

6. Is it right that muslim mobs killed young lady Deborah Samuel in May last year despite no concrete investigation if she's indeed guilty of blasphemy. And if she is, is killing the solution despite the fact that we are all born equal. Why should some be killed cos they said things about a man? Whereas followers of that man abused other people especially revered people in their religion and those people decided to keep quiet not cos of fear but cos they valued humanity first. And till today, no punishment has been given to the killers of Deborah Samuel. Is that the will of Allah?

And lastly

7. Is it right for moslems to protest when they get hit hard? Like when their future is destroyed like IDF is doing to Hamas? Are they not supposed to enjoy it? Afterall muslim fighters during religious riots destroy other people's lives & properties especially in middle belt of Nigeria, terrorists too scream Allahu Akbar when they perpetrate evil and even say it's the command of Allah. Are they not supposed to know that it's same Allah that told IDF and anyone or any organisation, country or entity that give islámists wotowoto to do so?

Answer them asap. You reward includes 72 virgins & lots more.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by Padipadi(m): 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Looking for that fight by all means possible Mr. Arab/Jews matters doesn't interest me?

Well, from what I have seen so far, you are not up to scratch.

So, run along Oaf cool
I m not here to fight you. I m not a janjaweêd!
But see the world's is opened to the truth about who really loves peace and are practicing it

1 Like

Re: Online Religious Fracas Among Muslims: Ignorance Or Insincerity? by page9(m): 7:21pm On Nov 24, 2023
Available9:

You have a warped perspective of Islam.

Please take time to educate yourself properly

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whoever Spends Something Today Will Benefit From It Tomorrow – Nice Story / Some Ramadan Topics For Muslims / Marital Bliss In Ramadan: Eight (8) Awesome Tips To Keep Your Love Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.