Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,377 members, 7,861,043 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:59 PM

48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG (32280 Views)

4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF / 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment / Five Notorious Spots Where People Defecate Openly In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by NewDea4: 12:49am On Nov 18, 2023
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/48-million-nigerians-still-defecate-openly-fg/

Then give them the wherewithal to access modernn sanitary facilities now, no be so?

Useless FG. It can never be well with our political leaders!
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by Excelll: 12:49am On Nov 18, 2023
AdamuKD:
They should tell that to the Yoruba people
And Hausa...!
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by NewDea4: 12:51am On Nov 18, 2023
Excelll:

And Hausa...!

You mongrels are down in the gutters attacking each other, even while your oppressors up in Abuja are united from all the 250-something tribes Nigeria encompasses

Dumb, cursed fools
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by Shakirababy(f): 12:57am On Nov 18, 2023
LadyRosa:
Yoruba people wey dey use Shiit do screeding for ibadan sad😔

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by HollyKing001(m): 1:08am On Nov 18, 2023
yemmit90:

You are wrong, people rarely do that in South west.
You say🙄
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by HardBishop: 1:14am On Nov 18, 2023
😆😆😆😆😆😆
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by RedAlert08(m): 1:39am On Nov 18, 2023

2 Likes

Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by KwuoteYourFada: 2:11am On Nov 18, 2023
kay29000:

Nah! I've been here since 2008...I watched the degeneration of the forum over the years, but it is at an alarming point right now.

At least before you had like 3-4 tribal comments on a page... Now, it's almost like every freaking person commenting is tribalistic.
Eyya
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by LZAA: 2:14am On Nov 18, 2023
This thread is surprisingly short
I wonder why😄😄😄😄
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by Joeyfizzo: 2:39am On Nov 18, 2023
All na abokis
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by AdamuKD: 3:00am On Nov 18, 2023
samfrancis1:
wondering of this is Ibo man talking i for ask how dem deh run am for open in onitcha.. I don't even expect a northerner to say this..
Kaci uwaka
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by 43Ronin: 3:02am On Nov 18, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
due to dirtiness,an ibo woman risk been kicked off from plane cos she stink
oyo state

Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by 43Ronin: 3:05am On Nov 18, 2023
Semaj77:

I lived in Aba for about year and that was where I saw the most people defecating in the open
ogun

1 Like

Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by 43Ronin: 3:08am On Nov 18, 2023
samfrancis1:
wondering of this is Ibo man talking i for ask how dem deh run am for open in onitcha.. I don't even expect a northerner to say this..
Osun

Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by 43Ronin: 3:11am On Nov 18, 2023
Ondo grin

Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by 43Ronin: 3:17am On Nov 18, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
see where your piggery women sat comfortably.
ekiti. they had to literally campaign, even open up a task force 4 d matter

Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by ayyoshert: 3:41am On Nov 18, 2023
SOSinNigeria:
Non of the houses in the picture below have toilets or internal plumbing. This is how all their so-called cities look like.

Even when I was in Lagos, I vowed never to eat in their restaurants. If I can't find any Igbo or Calabar restaurant, I will simply go to any fastfood like Chicken republic. If that won't be feasible for any reason, I will simply buy malt and snacks.

Even their restaurants is always looking dirty.
Mr. Holier than thou; AKA Pot calling kettle black, i hope you have read and seen the huge statistics and numerous pictures posted by able responders about how they openly defecate in the South East as well, i believe you have seen it, but you chose to be dumb...right? I hope that one day the average Yoruba hating Igbo man will look into the mirror and he will realise that most of the hateful stereotype remarks he passes about Yoruba is inherently present in their own DNA as well, the difference is that one is hypocritical about these characteristics and he sees himslef as a model of perfection, while the other has been labeled and stuck with various stereotypes, of which, he really care less, because he knows, stereotypes ain't always the truth.
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by Goalnaldo(m): 5:09am On Nov 18, 2023
Southies in the forum don see another food to masturbate on. Na this one dem take dey yab us well well.
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:29am On Nov 18, 2023
The trend is very high in parts of the North.
During my service year in Agaie,Niger state which ran from July of last year to this June,I really saw so much open defecation.
Agaie is a Nupe town in the state, with the ethnic group being dominant in Niger, followed by Gbagyi .
In Agaie, the menace is such that poo almost always line the paths along which I go to work to the place of my side hustle.Along the express road leading to my PPA, it's even worse there.

1 Like

Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by bukatyne(f): 5:33am On Nov 18, 2023
While it is easy to blame the Govt because of their ineptitude towards actual governance, the average Nigerian contributed to this menace.

1. Toliets in public institutions (schools, hospitals, religious houses, filling stations etc.) are constantly mismanaged by the users. I have seen cases where there is water and all that is needed is to press and flush yet users still manage to mess it up. If you use a toliet, it is not flex to leave it dirty; leave it cleaner than you met it.

2. Landlords build houses without toilets for humans (not animals) to rent. This is where regulatory bodies should come in and arrest such Landlords. If they spend two - three years in jail, others would sit up.

3. If you have found yourself in a tolietless house, nothing stops you from doing your business in a nylon & dispose properly. All the tenants can come together & build a pit latrine then deduct the amount spent from the next rent. Just that a person wicked enough to build a house without toliet might deal with the tenants or force them to pay the full rent.

4. Markets, Garages, and Stops should have toliets for a fee. Maybe N50 for number 1 & N100 for number 2. Or N20 & N50 respectively. This would make users more responsible.

3 Likes

Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by Ewedegubbler: 5:56am On Nov 18, 2023
95% of them Dey oshodi
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by snowball11(m): 6:32am On Nov 18, 2023
Statistically, South west are the leading athletes in this noble sport! cheesy
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by Kekydiv(m): 6:35am On Nov 18, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Have you seen am Ibo man eat those smelly akpu before. One Ibo man can eat the food of 3 men. It's expected that they shit everywhere. Case study Anambra.
Lol 😂 e no still reach those 2 tribes own!
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by smalls001: 6:44am On Nov 18, 2023
I'm just wondering how they arrived at that 48Million figure. How did they count sef.
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by garriAndsugar: 6:44am On Nov 18, 2023
Lagos state that the druggie built still practice it, in short Lagos state generate more than 20% of that 48million with Yoruba Muslims championing it.
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by Kingozymandias(m): 6:48am On Nov 18, 2023
Nonexisting1:
We need state by state statistics, I want to check something.

The entire southwest will top that list 🤮🤮
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by ChristianMuslim: 7:40am On Nov 18, 2023
Aba is the most dirty state in Nigeria, go to ariaria market, you will see grown igbo men defecating into the canals, drainage etc very dirty generation..
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by Wetlands22: 8:08am On Nov 18, 2023
DonFreshmoney:
Defecating in the bush sweet pass toilet sometimes.. when sweet breeze blow your yansh.

Nothing beats pooing early morning outside.
Wetin be this ?
Lol
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by TheSuperX(m): 8:11am On Nov 18, 2023
Na this thread south Africans go use insult us
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by Expanse2020(m): 8:21am On Nov 18, 2023
See the pictures said it all with the flat head and yam leg ppl in the pictures
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG by phemmyfour: 8:29am On Nov 18, 2023
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/48-million-nigerians-still-defecate-openly-fg/
Give them shelter, most of them sleeps under the bridge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

14-Year-Old Girl In Owerri Is HIV Positive After She Was Sexually Abused (Photos / Mosquito Farm Owner Believes That Enzymes From Mosquitoes May Cure HIV/AIDS / Student Discovers She Has 4 Kidneys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.