Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,362 members, 7,864,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:31 AM

Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Life (90 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life by AbundantLife05: 6:03am On Nov 19, 2023
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
LIFE. Colossians 3:1-11
Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. [2]Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. [3]For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. [4]And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory. [5]So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. [6]Because of these sins, the anger of God is coming. [7]You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world. [8]But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. [9]Don’t lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. [10]Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him. [11]In this new life, it doesn’t matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbaric, uncivilized, slave, or free. Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us. NLT.

The Greek word for life is “zoe”, it is the state of one who is possessed of vitality or is animate. Another meaning it has is every living soul. Zoe in relation to Christ is the absolute fullness of life, both essential and ethical which belongs to God. Also, it refers to real and genuine life, a life active and vigorous, devoted to God, blessed in the portion even in this world of those who put their trust in Christ who will live forever.

The bible tells us that there is only one kind of life which is the one found in Christ. Whatever we call life here on earth is not life as long as it is not rooted in Christ. The reason behind this is because as we discussed last week, everything that has a beginning on earth must have an end. Therefore, every “life” as known on earth will come to an end at some point but while we are here on earth, we get the opportunity of choosing life that will give us life in eternity. The reality is any life that is not rooted in Christ (the giver of life) cannot experience life in eternity.

Meanwhile, every life on earth which is not in Christ is death perceived as life. Real life is hidden in Christ who is hidden in God. The life given by God leads to glory, the glory that will be revealed when Jesus is revealed to the whole world. This is the difference between this life and death disguised as life. Death perceived as life breads sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires, greed, anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, lies, and dirty language among others. These are the actions that bring about death at the end. Galatians 5:19-21. Revelation 21:7-8: All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children. [8]“But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars—their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” NLT.

On this note, now that you are still alive, it is important that you choose life and live with God forever and not experience death which is an eternity in the lake of fire. Therefore, if you are reading this and you would love to give your life to Christ, say this prayer wholeheartedly; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and bring me into your fold. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

The God Of Celestial Shall Heed To Your Prayers || Prophetess Titilayo Testimony / Navigating Spiritual Tranquility: Understanding Prayer Times In The United Arab / The Fifth Commandment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.