Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,004 members, 7,814,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

My Service In Bayelsa State - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Service In Bayelsa State (1239 Views)

Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe / Poor State Of Corpers Lodge In Odi, Bayelsa State (Photos) / My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Service In Bayelsa State by Richdee1(m): 12:20am On Nov 20, 2023
... Only to wake up and checked my portal and say Bayelsa state, I was having a nostalgia feeling about my new adventure. My Dad asked me to relocate but I am an explorer and traveller, would love to take the bold step and see what NYSC year holds for me in a new land.

First of all, I schooled in one of the SS state, so I wondered why I was pushed and dumped in same region for my compulsory one year service, I actually wanted to be thrown to the north to see what's happening there as I have always fantasied about a lot of things about the Northern part of Nigeria

So let's go in a little detail about me, I come from a family of 6, the 4th born and the 2nd Male child, nothing serious
I took out on a Thursday morning from Abeokuta to Lagos then from Lagos (Ojota) to Yenogoa, a costly and expensive route I was not supposed to pass, would have gone through benin ore road then to bayelsa through benin Bypass. Well all is all over.
I spent 2 days on the road , slept in one hotel at warri around 3am as the benin warri interchange was blocked with tankers and all, I continued my journey the next day, and got to Yenogoa around 10am
Got some things needed like bucket, soap dish, water bottle and othet necessary tjngs needed.

I ran my registration, I was so glad I came with my original documents I ever had since birth, a PCM forgot one of her important documents and was asked to exit the camp as she cannot be cleared, I felt for her as I was already on her matter before it got to her turn to be screened

But it's life, we all have different journey per time in life, take life easy and no rush, trust me life would be better.
I finally registered and was fixed into platoon 4 and was confused about what's all that till we were briefed that same day about the camp activities and all it entails

Sorry I'm not a good writer bear with me

Tbc

1 Like

Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by Richdee1(m): 12:41am On Nov 20, 2023
The next day came and we were given a booklet on what would be done for the next 21 days , I ran through the book and saw the dreaded SAED, I feared for my life, this happened the first day as I was able to overcome those boring lectures and all.

The 4th day came and we were served Pap and beans with akara as I know it, My GOD in heaven, I slept that morning while the lectures were going on till SAED finished, I was shocked to my bones as I bribed one of the Camp police to allow me sleep reason being I was from the camp clinic, Those PCM on red band on their arm are so annoying. At that point you'll know that we Nigerians like to overdo things when given power , like brooooo I took pap this morning and you expect me not to sleep, I nearly deck one one Monday morning like that, so annoying as hell.
Well I overcomed all the SAED drama and lectures.

As at that period my phone was stolen before I came for camp so I was with a small phone, I had to lay low as u had "pride" as they called it
I was so ashamed to collect girls number while in camp apart from 3 girls and 2 other ones I got while I joined Band group

2 nights before our leaving camp, social activities did not hold, we were told to do whatever we like as no one would police us
That night people filled Mamie market like flies, see guys and girls grooving, I stilled to thr back of the charging spot and saw some streets stuff going on. Damn I was like, how do girls do this, can't conji be held till you go back and meet your partners, some were married but was still banged that same night.

I met one of my band girls I was eyeing with another guy going towards dark a dark place, I just said it was over, I felt bad tho but what can I do,I just decided not to show my self, my pride eas reduced because I had no android phone while in camp, I'll tell you in the later part how I got a phone.

While in the band we were promised of good PPA, most people called their friend to come join but after all said and done, they did nothing as I was posted to one creek community in OGBIA LGA, would mention the community later in my post

The last day when we were to vacate camp and go to our respective PPA, I saw the lovers, they were all hugging as NYSC has scattered them, the ones relocating and all, I saw one preety girl crying because her said guy in camp was relocating lol, I was laughing in my mind that I had to burst out, I was like "who is fooling who here". Person wey get serious date just used you to hold body before he relocate
Well it is what it is, Oh! I cannot forget how we swam inside water just to collect food from thr kitchen, it was hell as I caught feet infection that the camp clinic had no drugs for me

NYSC should please work on camp clinic at all NYSC camps in Nigeria, they gave one of my guy paracetamol for malaria as they said their malaria is finished, lol and all this has been budgeted for. Well na Nigeria we dey

... Or is it the scam going in in the kitchen section by the head of kitchen and all staffs there , jeez the greed is something else, I saw things my mouth could not talk

Tbc

1 Like

Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by slan87(m): 2:51am On Nov 20, 2023
Following,
Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by Onyiiobi7735(m): 4:55am On Nov 20, 2023
grin grin Nice one My own service year was in Niger state and very memorable.
I thank God I didn't redeploy from the orientation camp, because I never expected to be posted to Niger state.
But I enjoyed service there because foodstuffs were very cheap there,PPA, market and place of side hustle trekkable.
Every month I will never fail to have 23,24,25,000 remaining in my allawee, and another will drop in.
Service in Niger state enabled me know other parts of the country like Kogi, Nasarawa, Benue Edo,FCT and meet people of various tribes, Muslim and Christian there.
I served from July of 2022 till this June.

1 Like

Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by Richdee1(m): 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2023
..... Like someone said up there, my service year is going great as I'm still on it tho I have not started my ppa since I left camp august 20 something, reason being that Bayelsa went for a month flood break or so and since then I have not done anything in my PPA, I was posted to a community girls secondary school which is quite okay tho

Alright as an hustler which I am, when I left orientation camp, and started life in my new community, I was forced to go look for something to do as schools were fully functioning, I stayed in the corpers lodge, manageable to an extent , my roomie got a side PPA that would pay him 10k per month, he would be teaching 2 subjects, he picked Agric and Civic education, he got another one quite far from where we leave but with a higher pay, all in a private school . He begged me to take one subject so as not to get him stressed out, I took civic and we split the money into two, I got 5k at the end of every month. We go to the school just 2 times a week.

One thing I noticed about bayelsa is that their children don't like going to school. An ex corper once told me that you can be teaching and two children can just take excuse from you to go out, you ask them where to and they tell you they're going to farm and would not return and there is nothing you can do to them.
They're all predominantly farmers who prefer their farms to education.
I just hope bayelsa government would do something drastic about this as it's alarming.
Is it their youths? Those ones wake up in the morning , young promising guy would just starts smoking and has no plan for the day, give them something to do and they get lazy about it, I wonder if they think this is how life is, well we corpers would try out best and sensitize them about lots of things

My community is Emeyal Community, Ogbia LGA area of Bayelsa state
For the corpers posted to this place, my clearance location is Otueke, a very popular place as its the home of former president goodluck Jonathan, but sorry to say the place is notbjng to weitr home about as they dont even have constant light. A university was established there Federal University Otueke which helped boost the environment.

Going down to the community girls, as guy man I've been holed up for months as mg hormones raging and eants to burst, I decided to ask how the girls in the community run their shits, I was told that bo matter what happens, I have to be protected at all cost as the rate of HIV and infection in the community is largeeee.

Here as a corper you have privilege, just have sweet mouth, gas and indomie and you'll have them running to your lodge like flies but I never for ones did that as the "infection parr scared the hell outta me" I better hold myself till I see my babe soon enough.

Well it has been all rosy as the community built a new corpers lodge and i was priviledge to be handed over the keys to all lodges as the lodge Marshall. It's really an opportunity to serve once again, it's not really easy tho as you'll be dealing with different people and all that.
I met a senior corpers recently and kinda had interest in her, she read the lines from the first time, she'll be coming around this weekend, she gats big ass and big boobs(cravings) let's see what thr weekends has for me.

Till then, PCM you can ask questions, I'll be here to help out in the little way I can
Corp members please contribute in your own way lets blow this up
How's your service year going??

Mods please help push this ongoing story to fp

1 Like

Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by trilacos: 6:50am On Nov 21, 2023
I was posted to bayelsa but I relocated,I really wished I stayed but where I relocated to,I was able to see money very well but no socials.
Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by Richdee1(m): 10:39am On Nov 22, 2023
trilacos:
I was posted to bayelsa but I relocated,I really wished I stayed but where I relocated to,I was able to see money very well but no socials.

You passed out already or you're a new corper?
Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by Richdee1(m): 10:53am On Nov 22, 2023
... So i was able to get an extra PPA which payed 5k for a subject, would be going there just twice a week
I also got a home lesson like two months now and it has been going on well
But why are bayelsa children not wanting to learn or go to school and the parents are less concerned about it, this is heartbreaking
I was teaching the both kids lesson yesterday evening, not even spent 30 minutes with them, all of a sudden the mother came and said they want to go to farm that I should cancel teaching for today and come tomorrow
Lol in my mind, I was like what the heck is this
Well that is not my business, all I know is when months end I collect my money..

.. so there was this ex corper that passed out recently, before she passed out I bonded with her, she fell in love with me the first day of our CDS, I noticed it but kept quiet till the day she brought food to my lodge, that day was like film. She cooked vegetable soup laced with sliced ponmo and meat dancing all around the food, I was in awe as I never expected it, but trust me I devoured it and thanked her.
We started talking and gisting, one thing led to another, we started kissing and smooching
The babe is thick as Bleep with all full option.
I fondled her Wella and she begged for more, just that I could not go further as it's just our first time meeting.
She was like she's sorry, in my mind I say see this one, you don see fresh corper wey you wan use hold body, well I dey gidigba

I took of my eyes from community girls as this girl was cooking and bringing food steady for me, her room mated asked her what's going on, she just said nothing that we are just friends, Omo it went on like that till she passed out with this last batch.
Omo e pain me to my bones marrow as I'll miss her and her food, just say she no sweet down there, it was just normal, no extra feeling. Just needed to unwind after months of holding back

Well we ended things on a rough part as we had issues before she left, it's all good for me kus man don dey catch feelings already which wasn't my motive but we move

Since I left camp I have not even gone to my PPA as a lot of breaks here and there, almost 4 months now, I need to get my brain thinking
I guess I'll be resuming fully by next week.

Oh I forgot to let you guys know, I got a new phone after this Bayelsa governorship election

Details later
Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by LasgidiOnline(m): 12:41pm On Nov 22, 2023
I've just been posted to Bayelsa state, my question is, do the state government pay corpers?
Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by Richdee1(m): 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2023
LasgidiOnline:
I've just been posted to Bayelsa state, my question is, do the state government pay corpers?

The state government pay CORPERs 8k every month but the money would b accumulated for you and paid in batches at the last 3 or 4 months of your passing out
What local government where you posted to
Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by Richdee1(m): 5:19pm On Nov 22, 2023
The high rate of Infection and STDs in this community is alarming damn

Another shocking things is parents here take pride when their daughters get pregnant, I over head two women arguing about which daughter gave birth first and she should be respected because of that, daughter of 19, 20.

It's just so sad but it is what is it, Bayelsa is a land surrounded with water, flood happens every 10 years as I was told. It happened last year which cost a lots of life and properties, people had to sleep on the road as flood has covered their housee and chased them out of their house. I hope Baylesa govt has plans for the next one to come.
Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by trilacos: 11:24pm On Nov 22, 2023
Richdee1:

You passed out already or you're a new corper?
I did my POP this year
Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by LasgidiOnline(m): 8:49am On Nov 23, 2023
Richdee1:

The state government pay CORPERs 8k every month but the money would b accumulated for you and paid in batches at the last 3 or 4 months of your passing out
What local government where you posted to
I am to resume camp tomorrow.
Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by Richdee1(m): 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2023
LasgidiOnline:

I am to resume camp tomorrow.

Batch C2 right?
Congratulations hope you come with all your original documents
Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by Richdee1(m): 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2023
trilacos:
I did my POP this year
Congratulations
Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by LasgidiOnline(m): 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2023
Richdee1:

Batch C2 right?
Congratulations hope you come with all your original documents

Yes, I will
Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by Didiinma: 3:13pm On Dec 07, 2023
My ppa is anyama ogbia please how is the place?
Re: My Service In Bayelsa State by Richdee1(m): 10:59am On Dec 08, 2023
Didiinma:
My ppa is anyama ogbia please how is the place?

Emeyal you mean?!
Check your Letter well and let me know the local government you were posted

(1) (Reply)

Accommodation 4 Lent In Anambra State / Which Is D Best State Amongst Lagos,akwa Ibom Nd Enugu, / Funny Meme To Pcms Awaiting Callup Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.