Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,403 members, 7,836,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Coping Without Electricity - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Coping Without Electricity (519 Views)

How Are POS Operators Coping With The Current Cash Crunch? / The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? / How Saki, A Community Known For Smuggling Is Coping Without Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coping Without Electricity by Esobest(m): 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2023
How do people without electricity cope now that petrol is expensive.?
Re: Coping Without Electricity by PoliteActivist: 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2023
How were people coping before electricity was invented or in villages??

3 Likes

Re: Coping Without Electricity by woginid967: 7:39am On Nov 21, 2023
Solar is very affordable

1 Like

Re: Coping Without Electricity by PoliteActivist: 4:08am On Nov 22, 2023
woginid967:
Solar is very affordable

How? You have to buy inverter and inverter batteries, then the solar panels themselves, then installation
Re: Coping Without Electricity by woginid967: 9:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
PoliteActivist:

How? You have to buy inverter and inverter batteries, then the solar panels themselves, then installation

Everything is as cheap as 170k, like MTN lumos.... And you power laptop 💻, phones, bulb and rechargeable table fan....

And never again sleep without fan or your gadgets not charged.

Pls go to youtube and watch MTN lumos videos, the begin your search to find better ones that suit your budget.

My own carries fans, laptops, and even fridge. Yet i paid less than 1M because it carries the three bedroom house. Since 2020 till now.
Re: Coping Without Electricity by PoliteActivist: 1:15am On Nov 25, 2023
woginid967:

Everything is as cheap as 170k, like MTN lumos.... And you power laptop 💻, phones, bulb and rechargeable table fan....

Pls go to youtube and watch MTN lumos videos, the begin your search to find better ones that suit your budget.

My own carries fans, laptops, and even fridge. Yet i paid less than 1M because it carries the three bedroom house. Since 2020 till now.

Soo you paid 1m in 2020 which is about 4m today!

Meanwhile see below

Re: Coping Without Electricity by woginid967: 4:48pm On Nov 29, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Meanwhile see below

Be like say you are uninformed that MTN lumos had different grades based on capacity. Mine carried stuff that I needed. Pls do your research well next time.

1 Like

Re: Coping Without Electricity by PoliteActivist: 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2023
woginid967:

Be like say you are uninformed that MTN lumos had different grades based on capacity. Mine carried stuff that I needed. Pls do your research well next time.

That is the highest
Re: Coping Without Electricity by bassdow: 11:04am On Nov 30, 2023
woginid967:

Please this is way more expensive, compared to buying normal solar panels and batteries
Re: Coping Without Electricity by Fremlin: 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
bassdow:

Please this is way more expensive, compared to buying normal solar panels and batteries

Can you throw more light on this?
Re: Coping Without Electricity by bassdow: 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2023
Fremlin:

Can you throw more light on this?
Don't know what other way to say it.

Once again, buying ready made portable powerBanks in form of Solar and what's not, is much more expensive (both in short & long run) than just buying Battery, Solar panels, inverter and chargeController.
Re: Coping Without Electricity by Fremlin: 11:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
bassdow:

Don't know what other way to say it.

Once again, buying ready made portable powerBanks in form of Solar and what's not, is much more expensive (both in short & long run) than just buying Battery, Solar panels, inverter and chargeController.

For someone that wants to power just laptop, charge phone, some bulbs

How much do you think I should budget for this
Re: Coping Without Electricity by bassdow: 5:31am On Dec 31, 2023
Fremlin:

NOPE

Just go with what I said. Buy them and install yourself, except you are out camping, or need something very mobile.

Despite their high costs, the constituents ain't upgradeAble, and are often/mostly of low quality.

AfterSales support nkor ? They want you continue spending, nothing more. The zeal drops the moment they get your initial money.

Don't know whom you are, nor genuiness of your questions, BUT if in need of solar power, just buy like suggested. Leave the box for elderly people who ain't informed.
Those sellers makes money, real money selling to the unInformed people, after making it look several times cost effective and better.

Experience, they say is the best teacher, but most times, experience comes at a cost.
Even when you later realize it, they make it look like it's your fault things didn't live up to their words. They try to make you buy another, and you just might agree, believeing now you know better, hence the new one wouldn't suffer same fate.
At end of the day, they're the WINner, you the Continious LOOSEr.

1 Like

Re: Coping Without Electricity by bassdow: 5:40am On Dec 31, 2023
Fremlin:

1pcs 100AH battery (or 200AH preferably)
1pcs (or 2pcs if buying 200AH battery) 300Watts solar panel
1pcs cheap PWM chargeController
1pcs inverter. This could be optional if your load permits it, and you know your way around.

The above would go power TV and it's accessories + Fan join.
At night, use lightly so as not to stress the battery BUT from 8am in the morning till 4pm in the evening,
use am heavily and you go enjoy am. I often suggest 200AH battery as minimum.

NB:
1. you could buy fairly USED items to keep costs lower. If you must buy USED battery, ensure it's still usAble,
and of quality brand.
2. Also never compromize on battery quality else you would spend more trying to save money.

Ordinarily, could have suggested Lithium batteries since they're more portable, and their weight relative to amperage is better but buying quality lithium cells ain't easy in this part of the world. You need rely on the dealer to be honest enough.

Now when last were you honest with others when money is involved ? Then ask yourself how likely is a seller/dealer going to be honest with you in this times.

2 Likes

Re: Coping Without Electricity by bassdow: 5:44am On Dec 31, 2023
Disclaimer:
I have nnever ever used any portable solar power solution, have never even used or owned an ordinary phone 
powerBank gan sef.
Now if I've never owned one, how come I'm confident enough to advice against them ?
It's because I am techhnical enough to know their quality + I am a solar consultant, does solar installations,
hence a Doctor is a doctor even if He/She is focus on only adults and not kids
Re: Coping Without Electricity by Fremlin: 9:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
bassdow:

NOPE

Just go with what I said. Buy them and install yourself, except you are out camping, or need something very mobile.

Despite their high costs, the constituents ain't upgradeAble, and are often/mostly of low quality.

AfterSales support nkor ? They want you continue spending, nothing more. The zeal drops the moment they get your initial money.

Don't know whom you are, nor genuiness of your questions, BUT if in need of solar power, just buy like suggested. Leave the box for elderly people who ain't informed.
Those sellers makes money, real money selling to the unInformed people, after making it look several times cost effective and better.

Experience, they say is the best teacher, but most times, experience comes at a cost.
Even when you later realize it, they make it look like it's your fault things didn't live up to their words. They try to make you buy another, and you just might agree, believeing now you know better, hence the new one wouldn't suffer same fate.
At end of the day, they're the WINner, you the Continious LOOSEr.

Wow, thanks brother

A friend suggested me buying them myself but the cost he mentioned was high
Re: Coping Without Electricity by Fremlin: 9:19pm On Dec 31, 2023
bassdow:

1pcs 100AH battery (or 200AH preferably)
1pcs (or 2pcs if buying 200AH battery) 300Watts solar panel
1pcs cheap PWM chargeController
1pcs inverter. This could be optional if your load permits it, and you know your way around.

NB:
1. you could buy fairly USED items to keep costs lower. If you must buy USED battery, e nsure it's still usAble
2. Also never compromize on battery quality else you would spend more trying to save money

Ordinarily, could have suggested Lithium batteries since they're more portable, and their weight relative to amperage is better but buying quality lithium cells ain't easy in this part of the world. You need rely on the dealer to be honest enough.

Now when last were you honest with others when money is involved ? Then ask yourself how likely is a seller/dealer going to be honest with you in this times.

Ordering some of these things via AliExpress would be nice, don't you think?
Re: Coping Without Electricity by CooldipoMPS: 6:11am On Jan 06
Cooldipo's range of solar-compatible power solutions is one of the best hacks for coping with power outages or avoiding fuel expenses and occasional generator disappointment.

1 Like

Re: Coping Without Electricity by CooldipoMPS: 5:21am On Jan 09
PoliteActivist:

Meanwhile see below

my power solutions is far cheaper........as shown in the post above
Re: Coping Without Electricity by CooldipoMPS: 5:24am On Jan 09
Fremlin:

I can fix you up with a budget of about 150k - 250k depending on how many backup hours you want

1 Like

Re: Coping Without Electricity by CooldipoMPS: 5:30am On Jan 09
Fremlin:

Wow, thanks brother

A friend suggested me buying them myself but the cost he mentioned was high

Lithium battery recommended! You can start with battery and Inverter then recharge with NEPA and after you don rest small, add solar.
Re: Coping Without Electricity by Blueace247(f): 5:37am On Jan 09
woginid967:

Lamba!
Re: Coping Without Electricity by Fremlin: 9:24pm On Jan 12
CooldipoMPS:

I can fix you up with a budget of about 150k - 250k depending on how many backup hours you want

How do I contact you ser
Re: Coping Without Electricity by CooldipoMPS: 5:57am On Jan 13
Fremlin:

How do I contact you ser

Pls see attached. Thanks!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Happy Workers Day To All Entrepreneurs! / How To Make Money Online: Just Follow The Steps / Correction:a Reputable Company Needs Any Type Trucks From 25 Tonns Up For Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.