Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,579 members, 7,820,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Mental Health Issues In The Workplace - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mental Health Issues In The Workplace (8778 Views)

Maintaining Peace Between Gen Zs And Other Generations In The Workplace / Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. / Benefits Of Having A Daycare In The Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Oyindamolah: 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2023
flexyrule:
Access bank employees would avoid this thread...
I heard it tough and if you are not strong mentally you cannot cope.
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Blitzking: 2:25pm On Nov 21, 2023
Ideylook24:
What is the best advise for a friend who is facing serious mental issues in his place of work. The environment in which this individual is working is very toxic and staff have been reduced to not using their initiative. There is pervasive fear in the environment on what happens next everyday. The joy of going to work is always precipitated by anxiety. Is it advisable for this individual to resign considering the current economic situation in Nigeria. Please advise. Thank you
No amount of money can make me condone trash from a boss.u must be really paying some heavy dough.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Joseph099(m): 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2023
I'm in one currently, and I'm just waiting for the month to end before I quit. Because I'm traveling by December...and next year I'm sure God would give me a better job.

Everyday before I leave home , it seems I'm going into a fire. Kilode!
It seems my boss , hated me or we had something wrong in common before.

But by next week after collecting my salary, I'll tell him my real mind.

1 Like

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by africandollar: 2:31pm On Nov 21, 2023
Be like say na Gen-Z full this comment section! grin Mental health ko? Even one said what if the person in question died from mental health issue? grin Well I can assure you that hunger would kill that person faster than mental health challenges if he resigns in today's Nigeria! Now I am not saying one should stay there and keep working under the stress but rather behave like an adult and look for another job elsewhere while trying to make the most of the current situation.

3 Likes

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by ejimatic: 2:34pm On Nov 21, 2023
Ideylook24:
What is the best advise for a friend who is facing serious mental issues in his place of work. The environment in which this individual is working is very toxic and staff have been reduced to not using their initiative. There is pervasive fear in the environment on what happens next everyday. The joy of going to work is always precipitated by anxiety. Is it advisable for this individual to resign considering the current economic situation in Nigeria. Please advise. Thank you
. People respect yiu because you have work. When you are yet to have another work ,please keep the one you have now! Don't resiign out of frustration. You have your life to live.

1 Like

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Yxxx: 2:37pm On Nov 21, 2023
BigBelleControl:
I worked in a company where we sat all day doing nothing except staring at our laptops.
The company installed a K9 software on the systems to block access to any external websites except the company's site.
We can't talk to each other except through phone chats.
Going to use the toilet was always a big relief and closing time was always like Christmas.

The CEO puffed his cigar away in his office and watched everyone from his office. Any little mistake or misbehavior triggered him.

Finally, I quit the job for a less-paying one but with a more friendly atmosphere.

If your mental health is affected, please quit.
What kind of work is that? What do they do?
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Kenmatt(m): 2:47pm On Nov 21, 2023
Gosh!!!

Mental health!

So in this Tinubu admin that you OP can't make do with what you have by managing the job you have when millions of Nigerians are with nothing at all to hold on to.

If guys who smoke hemp and lots more can manage the state of their mind in that very point in time of "highness", why can't you manage the "highness" that comes with your job.

No Place is easy.

The Street is even like a battle field, let alone you that are on an organised work force .

1 Like

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by dannex4adx(m): 2:47pm On Nov 21, 2023
Ideylook24:

He should try and looking out for a better job
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by julybaba(m): 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2023
We are built differently.
What might be a big deal to you, might be a no-brainer to me.

We sometimes choose the jobs we aren’t built for, all in the need to make ends meet.

Some bosses can also make matter worse by treating their staffs as sub-humans , either because they are also under pressure or just transferring aggression to their employees.

The solution to this, is to have alternate sources of income & to always be formal/official in the disposition of your duties.

Carry yourself with dignity and respect, and if you don’t have the mental energy for the job, please quit honorably.

There are jobs everywhere, it just might be below your grade. Your mental health is more important.

5 Likes

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by sherylbaky(f): 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2023
Access bank is not that bad flexyrule, you need to work with some startups and know what's up
flexyrule:
Access bank employees would avoid this thread...
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Amhappy(f): 3:05pm On Nov 21, 2023
God show me mercy

1 Like

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by flexyrule(m): 3:19pm On Nov 21, 2023
sherylbaky:
Access bank is not that bad flexyrule, you need to work with some startups and know what's up
Well. I can only work with a start-up in my next life.

But the experience we had at Access Bank Plc way back 2014 was military!

1 Like

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Zooposki(f): 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2023
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Darkmode64: 3:27pm On Nov 21, 2023
africandollar:
Be like say na Gen-Z full this comment section! grin Mental health ko? Even one said what if the person in question died from mental health issue? grin Well I can assure you that hunger would kill that person faster than mental health challenges if he resigns in today's Nigeria! Now I am not saying one should stay there and keep working under the stress but rather behave like an adult and look for another job elsewhere while trying to make the most of the current situation.
You obviously don't know what you're saying. @ "look for another job elsewhere"
Na so e easy abi. undecided
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by toon64545: 3:38pm On Nov 21, 2023
I'm not a mental health professional, but it sounds like your friend is in a challenging situation. Encourage him to prioritize his well-being and consider seeking support from a mental health professional. It might be helpful for him to explore coping strategies, discuss concerns with a supervisor, or consider alternative job opportunities while being mindful of the economic situation. Making decisions about employment can be complex, so seeking guidance from a career counselor or therapist could provide valuable insights tailored to his specific situation.

2 Likes

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Sweetvie: 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2023
Ideylook24:
Quit!

1 Like

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by BarrElChapo(m): 4:24pm On Nov 21, 2023
BigBelleControl:
I worked in a company where we sat all day doing nothing except staring at our laptops.
The company installed a K9 software on the systems to block access to any external websites except the company's site.
We can't talk to each other except through phone chats.
Going to use the toilet was always a big relief and closing time was always like Christmas.

The CEO puffed his cigar away in his office and watched everyone from his office. Any little mistake or misbehavior triggered him.

Finally, I quit the job for a less-paying one but with a more friendly atmosphere.

If your mental health is affected, please quit.

This is the answer at OP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by CHAQUR: 4:33pm On Nov 21, 2023
Start another job hunting while you are still a place holder there... Free your mind & relief yourself of stress.
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Phlegman: 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2023
Voltron007:
Lol this was me some 7yrs ago when I was still in Nigeria working for Legend.ng.

Everyday you wake up filled with regrets. cheesy

My advise: resign for your mental health.

Legend is known to be a toxic place to work. A colleague resigned to join Legend, he had to return back after working for Legend for about three months.

1 Like

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by liamjakes247: 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2023
Get on with it, it'll help you alot on the next job
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Day169: 5:25pm On Nov 21, 2023
Authoreety:
Simple, face your work and refuse to be stressed by any body..

Me na baba for that style... But when I'm ready to resign, i will give you back your dose in full quantity, pressed down and shaken together..

Some bosses can be crazy Sha,but silence is golden
Epic!!!
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by ORIAYO70(m): 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2023
Authoreety:

Me na baba for that style... But when I'm ready to resign, i will give you back your dose in full quantity, pressed down and shaken together..

My work comes to mind, the percipitated fear is another factors
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Godmind2022(m): 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2023
Authoreety:

The best way is to "stoop to conquer" and knowing that the way up πŸ‘† is down πŸ‘‡, let him beg, negotiate and pray. If that doesn't help, let him save himself the stress and quit alive. A living dog is better than a dead lion. Not everyone has negative spirit for fighting. He who fights and runs, lives to fight another day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by BigBelleControl(m): 6:01pm On Nov 21, 2023
Yxxx:

What kind of work is that? What do they do?
Consumer Loyalty Services
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Yxxx: 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
BigBelleControl:

Consumer Loyalty Services
Na wa o. That was slavery
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by AlexJustin(m): 7:30pm On Nov 21, 2023
Nothing can be compared to learning a j8gh paying digital skill.

Digital skills like CPL, Amazon KDP, Amazon FBA, affiliate marketing, graphic design etc can fetch you passive income (and some in dollars).

Learn a digital skill today and embrace financial Security.

If you're wondering how to start just hit me up. But strictly for serious ones.

Whatsapp only 0901 223 0766.
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Clazzone(m): 7:45pm On Nov 21, 2023
I don't compromise on anything that has to do with my mental health...

I cherish a friendly work environment so much.

1 Like

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Godsonkemz(m): 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2023
It's high time you look for another job. Your mental health should not be neglected because if you run mad as a result of work, it can never be reversed and your employer would look for a replacement.

2 Likes

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by anthonyuncle(m): 5:00am On Nov 22, 2023
He should get a high quality headphone
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Myer(m): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2023
Ideylook24:

There are 2 reactions to this sorta situation;
1. It could be designed to help you grow.
Are you learning any skills?
Are you growing in godliness or ungodliness?
Are you growing in people skills?

2. It could be a slave job keeping you because of your fears.
Are you there just because of the money?
Are you there because you think you have no other option?
You might just be an entrepreneur who is not meant to be in a 9-5 job.

Above all, be at peace with God, you will experience mental stability and a better clarity of what to do.
God himself will orchestrate things in your favor.
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by DonroxyII: 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2023
Godmind2022:

The best way is to "stoop to conquer" and knowing that the way up πŸ‘† is down πŸ‘‡, let him beg, negotiate and pray. If that doesn't help, let him save himself the stress and quit alive. A living dog is better than a dead lion. Not everyone has negative spirit for fighting. He who fights and runs, lives to fight another day.
You are a Professional who has seen "Meme" of Life if not .....

How could you know all These

As for Begging Please Don't Beg Anyone They will Just Use You to Death & Cast Your Corpse away without attending your Funeral ...

Negotiating & Prayer is the Answer But You Must Be On Higher Level of Human, Diplomatic, Sociopolitical, Economic Relations to Possessed Higher Negotiating Skills capable enough to Winning Competitive advantages in the place of Work ....

So .... ... Many people lack the Mental Spheres to Build such Maturities & If You Can't, To Survive in a Toxic Environment would be catastrophic thus such person should simply leave ....

My own is that ... How Many Place you wan run comot from ....

Simply stand, Build Thick Skin & Fight Back till You Reach The Top & Send away all Your Antagonists!
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Lingudy(m): 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2023
Health is wealth oo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can One Be Punished In A Work Place Without, Giving Code Of Conduct? / 3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career / Not All Roles Are Advertised: The Importance Of Speculative Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.