Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,504 members, 7,816,197 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

6 Months In Canada, 6 Months In Nigeria. How? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Months In Canada, 6 Months In Nigeria. How? (1293 Views)

Before Vs Now: Mommy 60 Years In Nigeria Vs 4 Months In UK (video) / What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / Private Jets Charter In Nigeria: How Much It Costs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Months In Canada, 6 Months In Nigeria. How? by kamtrix(m): 1:21pm On Nov 21, 2023
There is an elite group of japa people that do not necessarily live abroad. They typically spend 6 months in USA or Canada or UK and spend 6 months back in Nigeria.
They go abroad to work for some months and come back home to Nigeria.
Please who can guide on how to achieve that status instead of going abroad to live there or spend years. What is the best route or process to achieve that, especially for Canada or USA. Please help with advice and experiences. Thanks nairaland
Re: 6 Months In Canada, 6 Months In Nigeria. How? by ednut1(m): 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2023
kamtrix:
There is an elite group of japa people that do not necessarily live abroad. They typically spend 6 months in USA or Canada or UK and spend 6 months back in Nigeria.
Please who can guide on how to achieve that status instead of going abroad to live there or spend years. What is the best route or process to achieve that, especially for Canada or USA. Please help with advice and experiences. Thanks nairaland
you said elite group. You are not an elite, you dont have the skills or money they have. So how you wan take do am

They usually have permanent residency/ green card ( gotten through marriage or meeting the residency requirements) and move their families abroad while maintaining their jobs or business in Nigeria. Shell, chevron and other high earners do this. Also rich businessmen and politicians do this. Double your hustle

9 Likes

Re: 6 Months In Canada, 6 Months In Nigeria. How? by Taal17: 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2023
ednut1:
you said elite group. You are not an elite, you dont have the skills or money they have. So how you wan take do am

They usually have permanent residency/ green card ( gotten through marriage or meeting the residency requirements) and move their families abroad while maintaining their jobs or business in Nigeria. Shell, chevron and other high earners do this. Also rich businessmen and politicians do this. Double your hustle

They could also run their own business btw both countries
Or they work remote abroad

They may have elderly parents to care for in country.

Or they are elderly so they do winter in Nigeria and the other months abroad.
Re: 6 Months In Canada, 6 Months In Nigeria. How? by Coolgent(m): 2:20am On Nov 22, 2023
ednut1:

Good morning sir.
I am planning to enjoy vacation early next year in Canada. Can you advice me?
Re: 6 Months In Canada, 6 Months In Nigeria. How? by ednut1(m): 3:30am On Nov 22, 2023
Coolgent:

Good morning sir.
I am planning to enjoy vacation early next year in Canada. Can you advice me?

early next year is winter. Who goes on a vacation in winter 😒.

Visit here. No stress me https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion
Re: 6 Months In Canada, 6 Months In Nigeria. How? by Coolgent(m): 8:17am On Nov 22, 2023
ednut1:

Visit here. No stress me https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion
I don't know o that's why i sought your advice.
Thanks
Re: 6 Months In Canada, 6 Months In Nigeria. How? by gforce5: 10:16am On Nov 22, 2023
I wouldn't say that they are an "elite group". They just happen to have documents that enables them to move back and forth. If you want to be like them, you need to have a green card, Indefinite leave to Remain (UK), Canadian PR, EU residency card etc. For even more flexibility, you can go all the way and acquire citizenship of those countries (which is what majority of those "elite groups" do). I, myself, move back and forth between Nigeria and Europe because I can.

P.S. the only other way you can achieve that without acquiring the aforementioned documents is to apply for an investor visa which will enable you to set up a business abroad and live there. However, it comes with a lot of restrictions. Anyways, this is why I have been preaching to Nigerians in Nigeria to acquire a second passport via JAPA. In this day and age, being stuck in one country isn't enough anymore.

kamtrix:

1 Like

Re: 6 Months In Canada, 6 Months In Nigeria. How? by Akpaamunsi: 10:41am On Nov 22, 2023
This is what I do. Hustle for 6months in my country of naturalization and come back to naija during the winter months to enjoy fresh pussies and palmwine. Life is good, but u need to pay the price. grin

3 Likes

Re: 6 Months In Canada, 6 Months In Nigeria. How? by NiceUpper: 12:07pm On Nov 22, 2023
ednut1:

Boss please be of help to me. My house was burnt down to ashes on the 11th of July this year and life has not been easy for me again. Early in the year my father died and last month, my mother also followed. I'm seriously traumatized. Please I beg you.
Re: 6 Months In Canada, 6 Months In Nigeria. How? by ednut1(m): 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2023
NiceUpper:

Boss please be of help to me. My house was burnt down to ashes on the 11th of July this year and life has not been easy for me again. Early in the year my father died and last month, my mother also followed. I'm seriously traumatized. Please I beg you.
this format no fit work. Rest

1 Like

Re: 6 Months In Canada, 6 Months In Nigeria. How? by NiceUpper: 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2023
ednut1:
this format no fit work. Rest

Sir while you think it's a format to scam you, I just want to let you know that everything I said in that comment is real and happened to me live. Yes, there are people taking advantage but not all is fake. If there are things I could do to convince you, I will humbly do them if you'd believe me.

It's real and not format, please.
Re: 6 Months In Canada, 6 Months In Nigeria. How? by Obagreatdatoye(m): 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2023
NiceUpper:

Sir while you think it's a format to scam you, I just want to let you know that everything I said in that comment is real and happened to me live. Yes, there are people taking advantage but not all is fake. If there are things I could do to convince you, I will humbly do them if you'd believe me.

It's real and not format, please.
So what do you want from him now?
Re: 6 Months In Canada, 6 Months In Nigeria. How? by NiceUpper: 7:39am On Nov 23, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:

So what do you want from him now?

Help. Material, financial or even job placement.
Re: 6 Months In Canada, 6 Months In Nigeria. How? by IbeOkehie: 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2023
This is very easy to do if you're a citizen.

I'm good friends with a pharmacist who actually does this. He owns a retail pharmacy in Owerri, Imo State. He lived in the USA for a long time, then moved back to Nigeria. He owns a home here. All his children are USA born but they're all in University in Nigeria. His father or should I say extended family is very connected and well to do in Nigeria.

When I moved back to the USA he was very disappointed. We had very angry arguments. In fact he just stopped communicating with me for many years. Interestingly he suddenly started calling and texting me a year or so ago. He directly and explicitly apologized to me because - his words - in retrospect he can see I was correct about Nigeria. We're going to meet this Xmas for sure, I haven't seen him in a while. We're on good terms, nothing spoil.

He comes here in April and usually leaves around October. Sometimes his family come with him and spend a month or so. He works for an agency mostly and also for his old employer.

When I was younger I was friends with two young Yoruba sisters who are nurses. I've lost contact with them. The did the same thing.

There's many oil & gas engineers who do month on, month off. We have a family friend from Guyana who does that between his country and USA, Nigeria and wherever else he is sent by his company. Does that count, I dunno.

I know another Yoruba lady who was a Green Card holder and did the same thing for many years. One day the immigration officials at the airport denied her entry to the USA and deported her back to Nigeria.

For anyone who is well to do and can afford it, it's a viable option.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

For Holiday Tours To Suncity, Soweto, Pretoria / Advice: Msc In Australia / UK Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa (psw/student Route)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.