Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,340 members, 7,853,520 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:13 PM

6 Unheard Ways To Live An Interesting And Fulfilled Life With A 9-5 Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 6 Unheard Ways To Live An Interesting And Fulfilled Life With A 9-5 Job (118 Views)

Why Do Entrepreneurs Talk Down On 9-5? / How To Cope With A 9 To 5 When You Are Not A Morning Person / How To Have A Good Time Doing A 9 - 5 Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Unheard Ways To Live An Interesting And Fulfilled Life With A 9-5 Job by Ayomide123456(m): 2:08pm On Nov 21, 2023
Let's talk about the 6 unheard ways to live an interesting and fulfilled life with your a 9-5 job.

You see, working a 9 to 5 can seem dull, time consuming and boring.

You skip breakfast sometimes before you go to work

You fall sick because of overload work in your workplace

In fact you don’t have time for anything else aside your job because you are always busy

Listen to me, you are not alone in this. I have totally been there.

However, I’ve found 5 unheard ways you can make the best out of this situation and truly enjoy your life.

Here’s what I found that will be most helpful to you:

Enjoy!

1. Get A Job That Is Interesting And Makes You Feel Fulfilled

This would definitely be the easiest way to get there.

Sometimes a 9 to 5 job can be very exciting and fulfilling. You may get to help people directly. You may be responsible for a lot of different tasks which makes your work life really diversified.

If you feel like this will never happen in a 9 to 5 job (I get it, I need more freedom than that too), then the next best solution is to get a job that’s okay. A job that is relatively flexible, ideally allows you to work from home and where you get reasonable time off. This allows you to really take advantage of your life outside of work.

2. Optimize Your Time Management

This is crucial. If you want to enjoy your life outside of work, you need to make this a priority. This means to stop working overtime and to leave your work at work. No one has ever become more productive by responding to emails at 10pm!

I repeat no one has ever.

Research has made us know that we’re only really able to focus for about 4 to 6 hours a day. So, if you’re working for 12 hours, you’re not going to get more done, you’ll just be less efficient. Keep that in mind and set very clear boundaries for yourself.

What I’ve found very helpful is to set up something fun right after you finish work, like having dinner with a friend. If you know you’ll have dinner with your friend at 6pm and put it in your calendar, you’ll just have to be done by 5.30! This means you’ll have to be very efficient right from the start in the morning. And just like that, all tasks magically get done on time!

3. Find A Purpose In Life

Answer this question below:

What’s your future plan?

Where do you want to be in a few years from now?

Will your 9 to 5 get you in the right direction?

Your 9 to 5 doesn’t necessarily have to be your dream job if your biggest goal is to have a big family, buy a new car, buy a big house a few years from now. Maybe all you need is a stable income and to make enough money with your current job to fulfill your vision or your dream. Either way, you need to have an idea of where you want to go. This alone will make your life that much more exciting.

4. Find A Few Passions

Your 9 to 5 work consumes quite a lot of time out of your life. About a third of your day, to be precise. But that still leaves a lot of room for other things to enjoy. Find yourself a hobby or something you enjoy doing that you can practice regularly.
Something that you will keep doing even if you are waking up from a sleep.

Ideally, you have a few different things that light you up. For instance: you might enjoy doing Yoga on a regular basis, you love walking your dog everyday (lol if you have one though), you love playing games, you also really enjoy reading books and traveling.

Now, take all those passions of yours and fit them into your schedule. Sure, your 9 to 5 is set. But other than that, make your passions a priority. Schedule them right after work, so you don’t get tempted to work overtime again.

5. Take A Sabbatical Every Now And Then

If where you work doesn’t allow that, I highly recommend finding a more flexible someone you will work with. Most modern companies nowadays understand the value of keeping an employee, which is why they grant them to take a sabbatical after a few years. This allows your employer to keep you as a knowledgeable employee which they double benefit from as you’ll come back much more relaxed.

Taking a sabbatical is an incredible chance to do exactly what you really enjoy. It’s also a great time to get a better connection to yourself which in turn will help you find your purpose in life.

6. Have Another Source Of Income Aside Your 9-5 Job But Don’t Quit

Working a 9-5 job is sometimes fun and sometimes boring to the extent it makes you want to quit.

But here is what I will say:

If for any reason you hate your 9-5 job, don’t ever dream of quitting the job if you don’t have any other source of income, but if you do have one and it’s paying you well, you have the freedom you want, you are not stuck, then you can quit it.

But for those of you who don’t have all that, I will advise you to keep up with it. Don’t listen to gurus who told you to quit your 9-5 and start a business.

Instead, save and use the funds from your 9-5 job to fund and grow any business you want to venture into.
If after the business has started giving you the result you want, if you don’t worry anymore about money, if you have started living an interesting and fulfilled life with the business you start, you can then quit the 9-5 job for good.

Talking about a business that can give you the interesting and fulfilling life you want, permit me to invite you to join my community where you will be learning about a business model you can start that will give you the fulfilled life while still keeping your 9-5 job.
And I know what you are probably thinking, you are thinking how can you balance your 9-5 job and this new business model you are about to start.

You will leave for work very early in the morning and return late at night. You are probably thinking you won’t have time for this business because of your busy schedule.

Worry not because this business model you are about to start won’t hinder your current 9-5 job. Besides, it’s an online business and everything you will be doing will be online if you have access to the internet and a device (smartphone or laptop). I’m sure you are using a device to read this post.

In fact, you will only work 1 to 2 hours daily on this business. And if you are a fast learner, you can work 1 hour everyday.
You can also take advantage of your lunch break hour to work on this business.

If you really and seriously want an interesting and fulfilling life and also want to change your finances, then join my community which is absolutely FREE where you will be learning about an online business model that will change the story for you.

Click here to join the community.

(1) (Reply)

How To Add Or Update SASSA SRD Banking Details? / Advise Me / How Is A Company Valued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.