Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

As The Price Of Onions Goes Up,of What Use Is Onions? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / As The Price Of Onions Goes Up,of What Use Is Onions? (281 Views)

Check Out The Price Of Abakaliki Rice / One Full Bag Of Onions #8000 Here In The North / Buyers Of Onions And Tomatoes In Bulk Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As The Price Of Onions Goes Up,of What Use Is Onions? by guobe: 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2023
To me I don't really know the use of onions from day one.
I don't like it and will never like it.Heard the price has skyrocketed.
Make onions de e Lane.

Re: As The Price Of Onions Goes Up,of What Use Is Onions? by PEACE2023: 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2023
You dey craze?
Re: As The Price Of Onions Goes Up,of What Use Is Onions? by Verbtips(m): 9:59pm On Nov 22, 2023
It is an antibiotics like garlic

and help the body a lot some times i eat a full onions raw or i smatch it will garlic and ginger with tumeric

3 Likes

Re: As The Price Of Onions Goes Up,of What Use Is Onions? by 1000COMPUTERZ(m): 9:59pm On Nov 22, 2023
I bought a medium size onion bulb 1 for #200.

I became paranoid

2 Likes

Re: As The Price Of Onions Goes Up,of What Use Is Onions? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:08pm On Nov 22, 2023
Apart from it's nutritional value, it adds flavor to your food. Meat boiled without onions will taste bland and this will affect your soups and stews.

I can't cook without onions. The food will be tasteless.

6 Likes

Re: As The Price Of Onions Goes Up,of What Use Is Onions? by guobe: 4:20am On Nov 23, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Apart from it's nutritional value, it adds flavor to your food. Meat boiled without onions will taste bland and this will affect your soups and stews.

I can't cook without onions. The food will be tasteless.
For real.so any food without onions will be tasteless.I thought it was only Maggi that gives tastes to the soup or stew.
Re: As The Price Of Onions Goes Up,of What Use Is Onions? by guobe: 4:21am On Nov 23, 2023
1000COMPUTERZ:
I bought a medium size onion bulb 1 for #200.

I became paranoid
You can imagine.onions is as expensive like that.
Re: As The Price Of Onions Goes Up,of What Use Is Onions? by guobe: 4:23am On Nov 23, 2023
Verbtips:
It is an antibiotics like garlic

and help the body a lot some times i eat a full onions raw or i smatch it will garlic and ginger with tumeric
You try.I always skip it most times .It's just not sweet. Don't like it.
Re: As The Price Of Onions Goes Up,of What Use Is Onions? by Verbtips(m): 6:34am On Nov 23, 2023
guobe:

You try.I always skip it most times .It's just not sweet. Don't like it.
please don't skip it o atimes you can slice it together with fresh tomatoest and eat as dinner
it helps a lot because if person not take care of his health at this point in time,wahala dey money for drugs no be ya.
everyday i drink plenty of water if i like i can add little amount of limes water
one has to take care of one's self
all this maggi,spicity.contian substance that stress of liver so we try to reduce the risk.
and atimes to i pratice embroyic breathing tecniques
onions is a good supplement
garlic
ginger
tomatoes raw
better leaves even good for diabetics patient

4 Likes

Re: As The Price Of Onions Goes Up,of What Use Is Onions? by guobe: 7:11am On Nov 23, 2023
Verbtips:
please don't skip it o atimes you can slice it together with fresh tomatoest and eat as dinner
it helps a lot because if person not take care of his health at this point in time,wahala dey money for drugs no be ya.
everyday i drink plenty of water if i like i can add little amount of limes water
one has to take care of one's self
all this maggi,spicity.contian substance that stress of liver so we try to reduce the risk.
and atimes to i pratice embroyic breathing tecniques
onions is a good supplement
garlic
ginger
tomatoes raw
better leaves even good for diabetics patient
Ok thanks.will do a little research on it because that onions stuff I don't like it.
Re: As The Price Of Onions Goes Up,of What Use Is Onions? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:56am On Nov 23, 2023
guobe:

For real.so any food without onions will be tasteless.I thought it was only Maggi that gives tastes to the soup or stew.

Seasonings give taste too but without onions your seasoning will not have a balanced taste. Onions helps to lift the taste of other ingredients in food. They both balance out each other. If you doubt prepare any food without onion, you'll know what I'm talking about. You'll only be having the raw taste of seasoning but when you add onion, it takes it to another level entirely.

Forget some that will tell you they don't use onions for certain soups meanwhile they put onions in the meat stock they used..

Onion is always the first step of building flavor in your food.

5 Likes

Re: As The Price Of Onions Goes Up,of What Use Is Onions? by guobe: 8:51am On Nov 23, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Seasonings give taste too but without onions your seasoning will not have a balanced taste. Onions help lift the taste of other ingredients in food. They both balance out each other. If you doubt prepare any food without onion, you'll know what I'm talking about. You'll only be having the raw taste of seasoning but when you add onion, it takes it to another level entirely.

Forget some that will tell you they don't use onions for certain soups meanwhile they put onions in the meat stock they used..

Onion is always the first step of building flavor in your food.

Okay nice.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Fingerling, Juvenile And Brooderstock Available / Create The Change U Want To See Through Agriculture Now!!!!!!! / Itunes Gift Card For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.