Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

How Do I Handle This ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle This ? (17129 Views)

How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle This ? by kcstyle40(m): 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2023
Good day beautiful people,
I am in a bit of a fix and need advice on how best to confront this situation .

There is this mama put restaurant besides my house in lagos but separated by a fence.
However the said restaurant is built attached to the fence in the next compound and that makes it awfully close to my windows and they cook with firewood not even charcoal but all manner of firewood.

The owner of the mama-put a yoruba woman ( very hard working ) starts cooking by 6 a.m up till 11 p.m with smokes going up and into the windows of my bedroom ( upstairs) and other rooms in my house making my room very stuffy and causing me to keep shutting all my windows .

Personally I can't stand any form of smoke be it cigarettes or smokes from burning stuffs

With the high cost of fuel I can't keep running Gen to keep my rooms ventilated and power supply is poor in my area .

I have thought of approaching her concerning this matter but from my observation the woman is very harsh n raze and I fear she might not reason with me .

I understand it's her means of livelihood but I am suffering cus of it and all my cloths in my wardrobes are all smelling smoke ... My room has smoke smell as a result of this , it only reduces if I keep my windows shut for weeks .
I hate problems and I avoid conflicts in every way ... But I have been suffering this for long now

Is there any authority I can report to ?

Or is there a better way to make her understand my plight and switch to cooking with gas without appearing like her enemy of progress ?

Please your advice is needed thanks

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by Kingking001: 6:53pm On Nov 23, 2023
Bro water dey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by BRATISLAVA: 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2023
If you tell her, she may decide to increase the thing she's doing to spite you the more. Or follow the Nollywood storyline and set up a juju against you for daring to mention it, since you say she's harsh and... Raze.

Don't you have an environmental protection agency? Sounds like a lot of pollution.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by 1TrippleCee: 7:01pm On Nov 23, 2023
Different problens dey this life sha. Shey na Pythagoras theorem we go use take settle this imbalance like this now undecided

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by SIXTEENTH(m): 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2023
Chill bro this her means of survival, if your windows are class you can slides them as usual and if you have a locked wardrobe you can as well shot them all because even if you confront her she is a well known woman around the neighborhood and she can as well sees you as an enemy of progress.
Consider the price of gas too and other raw materials she's using and even if you report her to any law enforcement agent, they might sideline her as well so please approach her with diplomacy and reasons with her on the way forward then watch her reaction first there you can know your way forward.
Best of luck.

13 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by akube34: 7:20pm On Nov 23, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
Chill bro this her means of survival, if your windows are class you can slides them as usual and if you have a locked wardrobe you can as well shot them all because even if you confront her she is a well known woman around the neighborhood and she can as well sees you as an enemy of progress.
Consider the price of gas too and other raw materials she's using and even if you report her to any law enforcement agent, they might sideline her as well so please approach her with diplomacy and reasons with her on the way forward then watch her reaction first there you can know your way forward.
Best of luck.
what are you saying. Are you aware that it is detrimental to his lungs? Sentiments Dey make pple take rubbish. This is total pollution

182 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by kcstyle40(m): 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2023
Kingking001:
Bro water dey

Going to pour water will be me over stepping ... Besides i prefer a non violent approach hence my coming here to seek advice

Thanks for your input

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by illicit(m): 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2023
Tell her first nah...

16 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by kcstyle40(m): 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
If you tell her, she may decide to increase the thing she's doing to spite you the more. Or follow the Nollywood storyline and set up a juju against you for daring to mention it, since you say she's harsh and... Raze.

Don't you have an environmental protection agency? Sounds like a lot of pollution.

Exactly part of my major concerns ...

Currently I don't know any environmental agency to report to .

Thanks for your input

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by kcstyle40(m): 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
Best of luck.

Like I said I have been enduring this for long now .. read my write-up again

It's becoming unbearable

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by xavuv: 7:32pm On Nov 23, 2023
Leave the apartment. Don't bother meeting her. She wont reason with you at all. That is her source of living you are talking about. If you were to be that woman nko?

Me sef no like wahala

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by kcstyle40(m): 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2023
illicit:
Tell her first nah...

I have thought of approaching and telling her but after my observation of how she rained abuses and insults on another woman who told her to stop pouring waste water from her cooking on the road

I don't think I will want to find myself in such situation cus I hate to trade insult .

13 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by Stevenbright(m): 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2023
kcstyle40:

There is this mama put restaurant besides my house in lagos but separated by a fence.
However the said restaurant is built attached to the fence in the next compound and that makes it awfully close to my windows and they cook with firewood not even charcoal but all manner of firewood.

The owner of the mama-put a yoruba woman ( very hard working ) starts cooking by 6 a.m up till 11 p.m with smokes going up and into the windows of my bedroom ( upstairs) and other rooms in my house making my room very stuffy and causing me to keep shutting all my windows .

Personally I can't stand any form of smoke be it cigarettes or smokes from burning stuffs

With the high cost of fuel I can't keep running Gen to keep my rooms ventilated and power supply is poor in my area .

I have thought of approaching her concerning this matter but from my observation the woman is very harsh n raze and I fear she might not reason with me .

I understand it's her means of livelihood but I am suffering cus of it and all my cloths in my wardrobes are all smelling smoke ... My room has smoke smell as a result of this , it only reduces if I keep my windows shut for weeks .
I hate problems and I avoid conflicts in every way ... But I have been suffering this for long now

Or is there a better way to make her understand my plight and switch to cooking with gas without appearing like her enemy of progress ?

She can't change to using gas because of you as it might not be profitable for her business.

If all the windows in your flat are not on that side, then you can find a solution to it for yourself. What I will suggest is during the day/early morning when she cooks, permanently lock those set of windows and only open them at night.

You can then plan your leaving that house if you can't manage it this way indefinitely.

30 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by muhammadhan19: 8:14pm On Nov 23, 2023
Report to your landlord directly, cuz he's the only one with power to settle the situation personally btw themselves or with the law since he has a full say been owner of the house, and if not you move out....
You going to meet the woman directly will result to an unending war btw u both...

Your landlord/lady is your best bet..

96 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2023
kcstyle40:
Personally I can't stand any form of smoke be it cigarettes or smokes from burning stuffs. With the high cost of fuel I can't keep running Gen to keep my rooms ventilated and power supply is poor in my area . I have thought of approaching her concerning this matter but from my observation the woman is very harsh n raze and I fear she might not reason with me .
I hate problems and I avoid conflicts in every way ... But I have been suffering this for long now Is there any authority I can report to ? Or is there a better way to make her understand my plight and switch to cooking with gas without appearing like her enemy of progress ?
OP, you are playing with your very health here. Do you have a landlord, if yes, get him or her involved because you have a right to fresh air outside of your own window as a tenant. undecided

31 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by henrimoto(m): 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
xavuv:
Leave the apartment. Don't bother meeting her. She wont reason with you at all. That is her source of living you are talking about. If you were to be that woman nko?

Me sef no like wahala
kcstyle40. The best is for you to start planning how to relocate from that compound. The woman will tell you that, she is in her compound.

15 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by illicit(m): 9:22pm On Nov 23, 2023
kcstyle40:

I have thought of approaching and telling her but after my observation of how she rained abuses and insults on another woman who told her to stop pouring waste water from her cooking on the road

I don't think I will want to find myself in such situation cus I hate to trade insult .

It might depend on how u approach her, employ diplomacy

Woman to woman shd differ to man to woman.

At least say your mind

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by bigdawg7: 9:28pm On Nov 23, 2023
make money so you can move into an estate poverty na bastard

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by LoveJesus87(m): 10:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
kcstyle40:

omo I don't envy ur position and I don't pray to fall in such temptation

But as e be now, u have to do all within ur means to make sure it stops cos its clear u can't continue that way for too long... is that place ur own built house? If not, try moving to another location...
And if its ur house, approach her sincerely and let her know what you are SUFFERING... na just for her to change position nw... and If she no Gree...den go police station ooo cos na serious case. N
No be until u die from smoke poisoning before u take steps ahi don't u have children?

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by LoveJesus87(m): 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2023
akube34:
what are you saying. Are you aware that it is detrimental to his lungs? Sentiments Dey make pple take rubbish. This is total pollution
dont mind d guy. Is like some people can not think

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by Gadafii: 1:20am On Nov 24, 2023
People advising op to leave the apt or always close his window are very wicked and unrealistic

So because it’s her source of livelihood she should now unalive someone else abi

What if that’s Ops house and he had really tried to keep this cool for so long but he can no longer can

My advise for you op i that you either iscuss this with your landlord or report her to environmental protection agency but make sure it’s not traced to you because people like this can go diabolical

Let the agency be the one to fight your fight, if that fails to work you may no longer have any other option than to talk to her about your predicament

23 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:51am On Nov 24, 2023
kcstyle40:

You cannot be this cowardly and still live happily in Nigeria.

Approach the woman and tell her your ordeals.

She needs to be seen showing understanding for your predicaments and making adjustments to ameliorate them.

If she does neither of these, escalate it. You can start by writing a petition to the police against her for intentionally channelling smokes to your rooms despite knowing you're asthmatic.
Yes, in your petition, write that you're asthmatic and that she knows, and has refused to adjust.
Write also that she has threatened several times that she'll make you suffocate.

That's how to survive in Nigeria, and there's no other way.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by Nice2023(m): 7:03am On Nov 24, 2023
Their juju is what u should be concerned about.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by Ajione(m): 8:54am On Nov 24, 2023
Go to any local government sectariate around you. And ask for environmetal officers. Can complain to them, but tell them to make you anonymous when going to the woman.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by kcstyle40(m): 11:50am On Nov 24, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

You cannot be this cowardly and still live happily in Nigeria.

Approach the woman and tell her your ordeals.

She needs to be seen showing understanding for your predicaments and making adjustments to ameliorate them.

If she does neither of these, escalate it. You can start by writing a petition to the police against her for intentionally channelling smokes to your rooms despite knowing you're asthmatic.
Yes, in your petition, write that you're asthmatic and that she knows, and has refused to adjust.
Write also that she has threatened several times that she'll make you suffocate.

That's how to survive in Nigeria, and there's no other way.

Wow ..... Thanks for the ginger

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by kcstyle40(m): 11:50am On Nov 24, 2023
Ajione:
Go to any local government sectariate around you. And ask for environmetal officers. Can complain to them, but tell them to make you anonymous when going to the woman.

Ok thanks for this

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by kcstyle40(m): 11:51am On Nov 24, 2023
Nice2023:
Their juju is what u should be concerned about.

Almighty God is still the greatest

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by PedoBear: 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2023
Piss in a jug, store for two days and pour it on the ground few minutes the woman starts

Repeat everytime before she does business

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by samwash(m): 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
First thing first, report to your landlord/Landlady or the Agent/Caretaker, If the issue still prolong them report to the environmental health Dept in that local government with a petition.
Re: How Do I Handle This ? by fohbnfoo420: 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
My goal is to be one of the best programmers in the world.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This ? by nairaland2: 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
I don't think a man wrote this.

Men are logical beings.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Advise Him: He Got This Mail From His Wife / Is The Girls More Useful In The Home Than The Boys? / Help If You Have Any Information About My Missing Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.