Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English (32989 Views)

Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? / Stop Saying "Up Nepa", This Is The Correct English To Use / Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by bluefilm: 6:59pm On Nov 24, 2023
Asawoboy:
How do we say NEPA don bring light with correct English.πŸ™„
Make una bring chair,
grammar go fall from sky today 🀣🀣🀣

NEPA has restored power/electricity.
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:02pm On Nov 24, 2023
Up Nepa!
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by Emdebby2: 7:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
Up NEPA! 🀣
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by Musam6920(m): 7:07pm On Nov 24, 2023
The supply has been restored.
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by kissdabride: 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2023
Iagos:
The correct English translation is: "NEPA has brought electricity."
According to Chat GPT O!
Power has been restored
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by Antwan99: 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2023
KingOfAmebo:

See olodo wey dey correct person, educate yourself properly before educating others.
SMH! Let's forget your uncultured demeanor. So, what is your point now? Because you just solidify my submission. Are you incapable of comprehension?
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by cybergawd: 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2023
NEPA Ewetela Γ³kΓΊ. That's the correct English interpretation
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by KingOfAmebo(m): 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2023
Antwan99:
1. Nothing is wrong with OP knowing the correct English expression of it. 2. It's not a dialect. It's pidgin. 3. Not knowing and knowing, which is additive to knowledge? Remember knowledge is the progressive discovery of our ignorance.

Antwan99:
SMH! Let's forget your uncultured demeanor. So, what is your point now? Because you just solidify my submission. Are you incapable of comprehension?

You obviously need some schooling, you said pidgin is NOT a dialect and i corrected you with screenshot as proof that pidgin is actually a language and as such a dialect, since you don't even know the meaning of the word "dialect" I have screenshot another proof of the meaning.

Surprisingly, instead of you to accept you goofed you are here typing trash to defend yourself and further display your ignorance boldly online like a dropout.

Don't be lazy next time, do a simple research before correcting others on something you are ignorant about.

Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by Iamzik: 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2023
Godstiger:
No longer nepa, I simply put it, they have brought the light

Baba that NEPA name no fit die.

Same as olopa for police in the southwest despite they dont carry "OPA" any more 🀣🀣🀣
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by Rick9(m): 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2023
Power has been restored by the power holding company.
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by ViktorCash: 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2023
Light has been brought angry
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by Boo3nity(m): 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
Asawoboy:
Make una bring chair,

Power's been restored.
Thank me later.
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by rolams(m): 7:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
Just say

There is light at the end of NEPA!

NO BE ME TALK AM OOOO!
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by Greenfaces: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
Nepa has restored the utility power supply
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by Adebayorsayaty: 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
NEPA has done it grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by JobMagnetNg: 8:04pm On Nov 24, 2023
If you are looking for the best English to use, simply say power to the people 🀷
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by Antwan99: 8:07pm On Nov 24, 2023
KingOfAmebo:

You obviously need some schooling, you said pidgin is NOT a dialect and i corrected you with screenshot as proof that pidgin is actually a language and as such a dialect, since you don't even know the meaning of the word "dialect" I have screenshot another proof of the meaning.

Surprisingly, instead of you to accept you goofed you are here typing trash to defend yourself and further display your ignorance boldly online like a dropout.

Don't be lazy next time, do a simple research before correcting others on something you are ignorant about.
SMH for Gen Z! Can't you guys express yourself without disparaging someone? In as much as you tried to gaslight Google, it still ended up defining 'pidgin' and not 'pidgin dialect.' Pidgin is a LANGUAGE and it has dialects - A Warri person speaking the language can be identified so is a Cross Riverian, based on semantics, phonology and vocabulary. I have a B.A. (Hons.) Degree in this field bros. Google?
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by mercysamuelson(m): 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2023
Restored power supply...
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by Jeyun: 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2023
Asawoboy:
Make una bring chair,
up NEPAAA
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by Padipadi(m): 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2023
MightySparrow:

Exactly, check the internet.
Confirmed

1 Like

Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by KingOfAmebo(m): 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
Antwan99:
SMH for Gen Z! Can't you guys express yourself without disparaging someone? In as much as you tried to gaslight Google, it still ended up defining 'pidgin' and not 'pidgin dialect.' Pidgin is a LANGUAGE and it has dialects - A Warri person speaking the language can be identified so is a Cross Riverian, based on semantics, phonology and vocabulary. I have a B.A. (Hons.) Degree in this field bros. Google?

Wtf, you have a B.A (Hons) Degree in English and still don't know pidgin as a language is also a dialect? it is either you didn't attend classes or you aren't paying attention in class or you bought the degree.

Meanwhile, I have attached yet another screenshot from Merriam Webster dictionary and not Google, I am waiting for you to tell me Webster dictionary also got it wrong.

Stop embarrassing yourself bro.

You now agreed pidgin is a language after initially denying it isn't, smh..If it is a language then why say it isnt a dialect? Stop confusing yourself abeg.

Antwan99:
1. Nothing is wrong with OP knowing the correct English expression of it. 2. It's not a dialect. It's pidgin. 3. Not knowing and knowing, which is additive to knowledge? Remember knowledge is the progressive discovery of our ignorance.

Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by karmaolu1(m): 8:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
Nepa have bring light or cheesy grin
Nepa has restored electricity grin
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by Xpol: 9:13pm On Nov 24, 2023
I'm here to check and scrutinise una oyinbo.

I hate speaking pigin so you no go fit hear me speaking or writing it shocked shocked
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by Antwan99: 9:23pm On Nov 24, 2023
KingOfAmebo:

Wtf, you have a B.A (Hons) Degree in English and still don't know pidgin as a language is also a dialect? it is either you didn't attend classes or you aren't paying attention in class or you bought the degree.

Meanwhile, I have attached yet another screenshot from Merriam Webster dictionary and not Google, I am waiting for you to tell me Webster dictionary also got it wrong.

Stop embarrassing yourself bro.

You now agreed pidgin is a language after initially denying it isn't, smh..If it is language then why say it isnt a dialect? Stop confusing yourself abeg.

SMH
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by haphizz57(m): 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
Who correct english help. In as much dat we dont av stable or guaranty power supply in nigeria. D correct english remain UP NEPA until we get 24/7 electricity nationwide
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by tete7000(m): 9:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
It has no translation in English language as those who own the language cannot relate with it. It is purely a Nigerian phenomenon.
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by oranget(m): 10:15pm On Nov 24, 2023
Iagos:
According to Chat GPT O!
chat GPT self dey say rubbish.
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by Godsonkemz(m): 10:19pm On Nov 24, 2023
NEPA has restored power.
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by Temi2468: 10:32pm On Nov 24, 2023
Iagos:
According to Chat GPT O!

Chai! Wrong o smiley
Brought to where? cheesy

NEPA has restored the power supply/electricity.
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by Harrynight(m): 10:55pm On Nov 24, 2023
Magnoliaa:
And what is wrong with "nepa don bring light?" It is a 'dialect', so to speak, and the people who talk like that understand themselves.

What will knowing the "correct English" do?

Even when we all know the correct English, nobody will use that anyways

1 Like

Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by kokomilala(m): 10:57pm On Nov 24, 2023
@Magnoliaa, everything is wrong with 'NEPA has brought light...'

It's a corruption of the English language. Light is the end product of power or electricity. And, what you're ignorantly and rapturously advocating doesn't have international intelligibility. That is, it's not understood by others who aren't Nigerians. As many have correctly put it, it's: NEPA has restored power or electricity or electric light.

There's a deep-seated hypocrisy that stems from people's inadequacy of the English grammar and their lame attempt to hide it.

For me, every user of a language has a responsibility to that language, whether it be English, Igbo, Hausa, Mandarin or Italian, at the level of grammar, phonetics and diction.

You and those who liked and shared your vacuous response, have either done so cynically or ignorantly. But I tilt more towards their ignorance. It's the hallmark of a black man to beatify average and the poverty of what is not.
Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by thatigboman: 11:07pm On Nov 24, 2023
There is no NEPA any longer. How do u build something on nothing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

TRCN 2019 Result List Of Passed Candidates - Check Your Status / The End Of Polytechnic In Nigeria / Disinfection Of Schools Begins On July 7 - Muhammad Mahmood, Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.