Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Hackers Hit EFCC's Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Hackers Hit EFCC's Website (5635 Views)

4 Weak Points Every Business Should Guard From Hackers / Union Bank Loses Two Billion Naira To Fraudsters...EFCC Steps In / Anonymous Hackers Hit Cia, Un Web Sites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by eldeybik(m): 7:05am On Oct 29, 2011
A group of hackers calling themselves NaijaCyberHacktivists have hit the website of Nigeria's top anti-corruption agency over a government official suggesting tighter Internet control in Africa's most populous nation.

The Hackers claimed the attack Friday on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission's site, which saw its usual home page replaced with a warning from the group. The hackers said the attack was a response to suggestions the government censor Internet content.

Commission spokesman Femi Babafemi told The Associated Press on Friday it was the fifth time the commission's website has been attacked. He blamed the assault on corrupt politicians, saying "the volume of information on the site poses a lot of threats to some of the people we prosecute."

Hackers have hit other government websites this year as well. In May 2011 Hackers attacked Nigerian government websites to protest the more than $6 million budget for the upcoming presidential inauguration.

A gory image and a message replaced some of the content on the website of the Niger Delta Development Commission on May 27. The National Agency for Poverty Alleviation website was also down after an attack.

NaijaCyberHactivists also claimed responsibility for the attacks on Twitter. They threatened more attacks over the inauguration budget and demanded an investigation over the recent arrests of an opposition politician and others with him.
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 29, 2011
This is indeed the work of evil axis operating in our country.

The same happened to the comandclemonlineforum.com
this is a website setup to fight against curruption in the judiciary concerning the legal battle between Comandclem Nig. Ltd and Mobil.

Comandclem invented a paint that helped Mobil in oil exploration since the 1980's. However, Mobil failed to pay Comandclem royalties of this invention. Hence, the legal tussle began. For many years till date, court cases on the matter is being perverted. Judges take bribes and journalists have failed to propagate and spread the news of this injustice.
The comandclem website has been victims of hackers hired by Mobil to frustrate the efforts and purpose of the website.

May God help us as we declare war on injustice, Mobil, curruption and decay in our country
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2011
newken:

This is indeed the work of evil axis operating in our country.

The same happened to the comandclemonlineforum.com
this is a website setup to fight against curruption in the judiciary concerning the legal battle between Comandclem Nig. Ltd and Mobil.

Comandclem invented a paint that helped Mobil in oil exploration since the 1980's. However, Mobil failed to pay Comandclem royalties of this invention. Hence, the legal tussle began. For many years till date, court cases on the matter is being perverted. Judges take bribes and journalists have failed to propagate and spread the news of this injustice.
The comandclem website has been victims of hackers hired by Mobil to frustrate the efforts and purpose of the website.

May God help us as we declare war on injustice, Mobil, curruption and decay in our country

CommandClem is a figment of millions of Nigerians dubious imaginations
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by TenKobo1: 10:32am On Oct 30, 2011
Ibori is at work again, even from an oversea prison grin grin grin
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by babaowo: 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2011
nah wha ooooo!!!!!!! Make this ppl no go hack my poultry oooo!cos my goats, my rams and my layers oooo! I never see my real money talkless of gain .lol
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by chelseabmw(m): 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2011
Ten Kobo:

Ibori is at work again, even from an oversea prison grin grin grin

lol grin grin
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by chelseabmw(m): 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2011
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by dustydee: 2:51pm On Oct 30, 2011
How on earth can they blame politicians for hacking their site? Politicians don suffer for naija o. Them deserve am sha.
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by 1virus(m): 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2011
This guys are stupid insted make them hack bether site share the money 4 hungry boys them dey the give ordinary threat.
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by redcliff: 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2011
but come to think of this, i actually like it tho, atleast they r protesting the best way they cn.lols
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by pkv(m): 7:14pm On Oct 30, 2011
1virus:

This guys are silly insted make them hack bether site share the money 4 hungry boys them dey the give ordinary threat.
giv them a target na
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by phreakabit(m): 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2011
LOL. . . . . Bunch of noobish script kiddies. Everybody wan dey claim ANONYMOUS. grin grin grin grin
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 30, 2011
phreakabit:

LOL. . . . . Bunch of noobish script kiddies. Everybody wan dey claim ANONYMOUS.  grin grin  grin grin

Why do you find it so convenient to disparage the work of a group using protest methods geared to coalescing minds around important issues of the day?
Although I am in no way, shape or form connected to this group, I have seen and read nothing in the statements put out hitherto to suggest we are looking ragtag script kiddies. Have you?
Aren't there times when it is simply best to remain silent?

Do you think hacking down websites will touch the government considering most of these websites are routine and insignificant to the working of these agencies.
Answer
Think of this…Is it the “insignificant websites” being hacked that will touch the government OR the fact that an anarchy group which aint ready to carry placards and go round in circles is ready to fight them digitally? Everyone is complaining but how many people are doing something about it? They criticize the government on twitter, facebook, online blogs without the government even getting to read them.
An awareness has to be created and that’s what we are doing digitally.
And it doesn’t just stop at defacing sites…you ever heard of Wikileaks?!
Its all over the News that government websites got attacked because
1.) We are protesting the use of 1bn for a mere inauguration.
2.) We want the FOI – Freedom of Information bill signed into law. and that itself is embarrassing to a government trying to redeem its image. If poking at their holes will make them do the people’s mandate, then we shall continue poking them!
Now let’s ask you ‘Did we touch the government?’.
Source: http://ogala./2011/06/06/my-interview-with-nigerias-cyber-hackactivists-unedited-version/

#SayNoToInternetCensorship.
The home page of the EFCC website was defaced late Friday evening by the group who uploaded their press release there. The press release conveyed their message to the government and the general public about their displeasure with the intended Internet Censorship in the country. According to the statement, “censorship will take away the voice of the people and will quicken the revolt in the polity”.
The press release reads in part.
“It is clear that the government takes us for fools. It is clear that they would rather block all chances of expression of the African youth’s aspiration for change.”
A warning followed subsequently…“Any effort made to censor the internet would therefore result to a state of War between NaijaCyberHacktivists (with well-meaning Nigerians on our side) and the Nigerian Government should they find themselves so inclined to impose censorship upon the Internet”

“We are the Internet. Expect Us!”
Source: http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/efcc-ncc-websites-hacked
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by phreakabit(m): 9:14pm On Oct 30, 2011
eGuerrilla:

Why do you find it so convenient to disparage the work of a group using protest methods geared to coalescing minds around important issues of the day?
Although I am in no way, shape or form connected to this group, I have seen and read nothing in the statements put out hitherto to suggest we are looking ragtag script kiddies. Have you?
Aren't there times when it is simply best to remain silent?
Source: http://ogala./2011/06/06/my-interview-with-nigerias-cyber-hackactivists-unedited-version/
Source: http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/efcc-ncc-websites-hacked

Yes there are times when that is necessary. For instance, right now, you should shut your mouth and bury your head in shame . I know what they did seems complex to you, but it was a simple defacement!!! If they really wanted to send a message then they should have . . . . . . LOL, I aint getting into trouble for no one!
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by Slyr0x: 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2011
phreakabit:

LOL. . . . . Bunch of noobish script kiddies. Everybody wan dey claim ANONYMOUS.  grin grin  grin grin

Having studied this group's #ModusOperandi, I can say I have no doubts that they've got ties with Anonymous.

Proofs

1. Take a look at this document put out by Anonymous -> Cyber Militias of the World, you'd see the group's name there.
2. #OpNigeria wv theme #OpFOIBill was a joint collaboration between this group, Anonymous & Peoples Liberation Front -  Read Here and Youtube Video Here
3.  The Story Of Nigeria's 1st Cyber Hactivists

eldeybik:

Commission spokesman Femi Babafemi told The Associated Press on Friday it was the fifth time the commission's website has been attacked. He blamed the assault on corrupt politicians, saying "the volume of information on the site poses a lot of threats to some of the people we prosecute."

Naija we hail thee. .! Having gone through this group's  press release Here, I see NOTHING. .absolutely NOTHING that suggests its got a political undertone. .

When you say Website, contents are meant to be made PUBLIC. .So iDnt understand the "volume of information" that's been talked about here.  undecided
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:52pm On Oct 30, 2011
evil vs devil grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by seedord247(m): 1:10am On Oct 31, 2011
When they hit Central Bank Or zenith bank . . . I will be happy to but their shares
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 31, 2011
phreakabit:

Yes there are times when that is necessary. For instance, right now, you should shut your mouth and bury your head in shame . I know what they did seems complex to you, but it  was a simple defacement!!! If they really wanted to send a message then they should have . . . . . . LOL, I aint getting into trouble for no one!

That's just it - the state of unreason.

You saw only defacement and no message?
Perhaps it was simply too subliminal, eh?

Of course you ain't getting into trouble for no one, soldier; not anytime soon - possibly never!
You would rather have others - like MASSOB - going into battle for you, while you confine your uncouth self to dart-throwing and  ethnocentric mud fests right here on NL, in a manner devoid of reasoning but one totally in-line with the character of one who reeks of cowardice.

I repeat: it is sometimes best to remain silent.
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by Slyr0x: 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2011
I swear this is why I love NL. . grin grin. .Your vocab base won't just stop increasing!
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by KacHemNaU(m): 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2011
Lol, Ease up guys
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by highland(m): 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2011
IT officer in charge must be incompetent.
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by phreakabit(m): 5:06pm On Oct 31, 2011
eGuerrilla:

That's just it - the state of unreason.

You saw only defacement and no message?
Perhaps it was simply too subliminal, eh?

Of course you ain't getting into trouble for no one, soldier; not anytime soon - possibly never!
You would rather have others - like MASSOB - going into battle for you, while you confine your uncouth self to dart-throwing and  ethnocentric mud fests right here on NL, in a manner devoid of reasoning but one totally in-line with the character of one who reeks of cowardice.

I repeat: it is sometimes best to remain silent.

Are you that much a dunce? All I saw there was hacked by whatever their name is . I dont have to argue with a simpleton like yourself, to prove my point. Defacements are for babies, its basically script kiddies stuff. If they claim to be as good as dimwits like yourself are making them out to be, then lets see a DDOS. I hate it when dolts like you make script kiddies stuff look BIG. Yes they did a good job, not disputing that, but lets look at it ethically, Hacktivists aren't attention seekers, this guys apparently are. A hacktivist is very different from a black hat hacker. If they wanted to do anything at all, why not get out some incriminating stuff on dirty politicians. Honestly I consider this guys novices. The web admin of that website must be laughing right now. I mean, No shells uploaded, No JD injected, No dirty info exposed. So what really was the aim of these attackers. I know you are very excited by their attack, being a noob. What I dont know however is [size=5pt] if you are affiliated or not[/size] . But I will call their move a waste of time.

[size=15pt]Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win.[/size] You just got schooled!
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2011
phreakabit:

Are you that much a dunce? All I saw there was hacked by whatever their name is . I dont have to argue with a simpleton like yourself, to prove my point. Defacements are for babies, its basically script kiddies stuff. If they claim to be as good as dimwits like yourself are making them out to be, then lets see a DDOS. I hate it when dolts like you make script kiddies stuff look BIG. Yes they did a good job, not disputing that, but lets look at it ethically, Hacktivists aren't attention seekers, this guys apparently are. A hacktivist is very different from a black hat hacker. If they wanted to do anything at all, why not get out some incriminating stuff on dirty politicians. Honestly I consider this guys novices. The web admin of that website must be laughing right now. I mean, No shells uploaded, No JD injected, No dirty info exposed. So what really was the aim of these attackers. I know you are very excited by their attack, being a noob. What I dont know however is [size=5pt] if you are affiliated or not[/size] . But I will call their move a waste of time.

[size=15pt]Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win.[/size] You just got schooled!

The fact that you feel a need to draw on other ways a website (or service) can be compromised when another contributor has also drawn your attention to the message you wilfully ignored, simply goes to show how vacuous you are.

I suppose these matters require a level of profundity which is way beyond your aptitude, so all is forgiven.
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by phreakabit(m): 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2011
eGuerrilla:

The fact that you feel a need to draw on other ways a website (or service) can be compromised when another contributor has also drawn your attention to the message you wilfully ignored, simply goes to show how vacuous you are.

I suppose these matters require a level of profundity which is way beyond your aptitude, so all is forgiven.

In all this what sense have you made? You my friend are an unabridged zilch. BTW THERE WAS NO MESSAGE ON THE DEFACEMENT YOU DUNCE. Putting your name or the name of your SKIDDY organization on the defacement doesn't mean a thing.  FYI also, I dont consider these clowns as hacktivists. Your comments are starting to sound banal. Give it up, already you in-cognizant attention seeker. You see the emboldened part of the quote? That shows you know nothing about this matter so STFU! Other ways to compromise? RFLMAOLOLLWKMD!! Who is talking about compromising? Do you even know what a DDOS is? Thats it. I am walking away! I actually feel ashamed of myself for stooping so low.
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 31, 2011
phreakabit:

In all this what sense have you made? You my friend are an unabridged zilch. BTW THERE WAS NO MESSAGE ON THE DEFACEMENT YOU DUNCE. Putting your name or the name of your SKIDDY organization on the defacement doesn't mean a thing.  FYI also, I dont consider these clowns as hacktivists. Your comments are starting to sound banal. Give it up, already you in-cognizant attention seeker. You see the emboldened part of the quote? That shows you know nothing about this matter so STFU! Other ways to compromise? RFLMAOLOLLWKMD!! Who is talking about compromising? Do you even know what a DDOS is? Thats it I am walking away! I actually feel ashamed of myself for stooping so low.

For all your chest-thumping about DDOS and "I know more about hacking" airs you put on, you are still vacant - simple.

I know your type; quick to run the mouth all over the place; ignorant as the come, and possessed of an inordinate belief is his own true capabilities.

I am not going to tutor you on these matters, not with the recalcitrance you have shown so far.
After all, one can really only lead the horse to water.
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by bright007(f): 6:29pm On Oct 31, 2011
thuis is definitely d story of a theif going after the policeman.
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by Slyr0x: 10:49am On Nov 01, 2011
phreakabit:

In all this what sense have you made? You my friend are an unabridged zilch. BTW THERE WAS NO MESSAGE ON THE DEFACEMENT YOU DUNCE.

Mr Man, Will You Calm Your Phreaking Self Down!

You were obviously blinded by your ego not to have seen the defacement message here --> http://pastehtml.com/view/bc44ei1sd.html OR my post.

phreakabit:

Do you even know what a DDOS is?

DDOS is when 10,000 15yr old kids around the World launch attacks against a target using LOIC at the same time. .Simple! So tell me, what's soooo l33t about a DDOS? You're simply bringing down a service. .making the website inaccessible to legit users. .A DDOS does not in anyway affect the files within a server.

phreakabit:

The web admin of that website must be laughing right now. I mean, No shells uploaded, No JD injected, No dirty info exposed.

A question. .How do you do full homepage defacement if you don't have a backdoor on the server?

The truth is, they did a full page defacement and that only points to 1 thing. .they 0wn3d the server. .lemme break it down. .they had read/write permission to the server. .and that means access to every phreaking thing on that server. .its now left to them to disclose any "secret" file found on the server to the public.

So my friend go get your head buried in some HTZ/Phrack Magazine before calling another a n00b.
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by soloqy: 11:51am On Nov 01, 2011
If they are protesting the suggestion by the NCC President on Internet censorship, why didnt they attack the NCC website alone? Why attack EFCC website? The EFCC website should be the last place they should attack if they are genuinely fighting corruption. Thats probably the reason people are saying its the handwork of politicians. Besides, the Internet censorship thing, i gather, was a suggestion and personal opinion by the NCC president and was not an official position by the Federal government.
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by Slyr0x: 12:31pm On Nov 01, 2011
soloqy:

If they are protesting the suggestion by the NCC President on Internet censorship, why didnt they attack the NCC website alone? Why attack EFCC website? The EFCC website should be the last place they should attack if they are genuinely fighting corruption. Thats probably the reason people are saying its the handwork of politicians. Besides, the Internet censorship thing, i gather, was a suggestion and personal opinion by the NCC president and was not an official position by the Federal government.

Nice Question. .Only the group can answer that. .

But looking at their antecedents, there's nothing they've done so far (at least that I knw of) that suggests they are politically motivated. . undecided #MyOpinion tho. .
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by databoy: 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2011
Where is slyr0x, dont let this guy win you oh. I don place bet say na you go win. Pheeeeew, i nor know say NL get profs abi na brainboxes for here. Kai!!! See as dem dey use grammar build skyscraper for air. Hehehehehe.
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by soloqy: 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2011
@phreakabit, sorry but you seem to be more interested in insulting Slyrox and trying to belittle him than actually reading what he wrote and seeing the areas that he was spot on.

@slyrox, no point in going all out to show the steps to get into someones server/site illegally. Some silly goons may be hanging around looking for just such information. You dont need to prove yourself that way. You know what you know
Re: Hackers Hit EFCC's Website by Slyr0x: 9:25am On Nov 03, 2011
soloqy:

@slyrox, no point in going all out to show the steps to get into someones server/site illegally. Some silly goons may be hanging around looking for just such information. You dont need to prove yourself that way. You know what you know

Nice one. .I'll delete my posts immediately. . smiley

(1)

Important Factors That Will Make Your Website Redesign Process A Success / Get In Touch With The Best Website Designer Today Enter / Top 8 Book Review Blogs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.