Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

If Your New Apartment Is Marked For Demolition, What Would You Do? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / If Your New Apartment Is Marked For Demolition, What Would You Do? (163 Views)

Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost. / Enugu: Three-Storey Building Marked For Demolition Collapses / "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your New Apartment Is Marked For Demolition, What Would You Do? by Omoapena(m): 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2023
If your newly rented apartment, worth over 2m, is marked for demolition after just 3 months of occupancy, what would you do with the ongoing demolitions happening in Lagos and Abuja?

What would be your plan of action in such a situation?
Re: If Your New Apartment Is Marked For Demolition, What Would You Do? by Omoapena(m): 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2023
@Lawyer
@Seun

What would be your action?
Re: If Your New Apartment Is Marked For Demolition, What Would You Do? by immortalcrown(m): 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2023
The landlord has to either give you another suitable apartment or refund you unexhausted part of the rent.
Re: If Your New Apartment Is Marked For Demolition, What Would You Do? by Omoapena(m): 4:20pm On Nov 24, 2023
immortalcrown:
The landlord has to either give you another suitable apartment or refund you unexhausted part of the rent.

Someone whose house is about to be demolished, how can you even approach someone who's mentally and emotionally down for a refund or change of apartment??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Your New Apartment Is Marked For Demolition, What Would You Do? by immortalcrown(m): 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2023
Omoapena:
Someone whose house is about to be demolished, how can you even approach someone who's mentally and emotionally down for a refund or change of apartment??
This is business, and you can maintain business ethics while showing empathy. The bigger the benefits, the bigger the loss when something goes bad. The landlord has been enjoying a lion share of whatever benefit they apartment offers. He has to bear the loss.
Re: If Your New Apartment Is Marked For Demolition, What Would You Do? by Nice2023(m): 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2023
Omoapena:
If your newly rented apartment, worth over 2m, is marked for demolition after just 3 months of occupancy, what would you do with the ongoing demolitions happening in Lagos and Abuja?

What would be your plan of action in such a situation?

Where in Abuja have they demolished?

Pls,be specific?

Since Wike came in the only place they have demolished is pantaker market and no tenement house so far.

Don't say what u font know.

1 Like

Re: If Your New Apartment Is Marked For Demolition, What Would You Do? by budaatum: 5:26pm On Nov 24, 2023
I think I'd blame myself for not doing due diligence and renting a house that's about to be demolished since I'm certain the landlord had more than 3 months notice.

Lesson learnt. Don't be stupid in future.

Re: If Your New Apartment Is Marked For Demolition, What Would You Do? by Omoapena(m): 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2023
Nice2023:

Where in Abuja have they demolished?

Pls,be specific?

Since Wike came in the only place they have demolished is pantaker market and no tenement house so far.

Don't say what u font know.

You seems not be following what's happening in Nigeria...
Re: If Your New Apartment Is Marked For Demolition, What Would You Do? by Nice2023(m): 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
Omoapena:

You seems not be following what's happening in Nigeria...

I live in Abuja and I am also an estate surveyor in a feseral establishment,just name one place aside Pantaker that was demolished.

U think demolition is so easy like that.
Re: If Your New Apartment Is Marked For Demolition, What Would You Do? by MRFIXER001: 11:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
Requesting for a refund can be time waster because the landlord is affected too. I will suggest you move on.

(1) (Reply)

Find Experienced Bricklayers, Carpenters, Tiler And More From The Comfort Of You / Properties For Sale In Anambra State / 320sqm Back Plot At Ogombo Greenland Estate Close To The Tarred Rd C Of O 12m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.