Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,793 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:30 AM

What Is The Worst Disability In Human? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Worst Disability In Human? (5900 Views)

A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. / What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? / Parenting- Breaking Through Learning Disability In Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Emmyk(m): 12:18pm On Oct 29, 2011
No disability is good in any form, but which is worst from your perspective? In my opinion, I think it's Blindness. I thank God for my two eyes.
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Outstrip(f): 4:58pm On Oct 29, 2011
I think it is having a brain and refusing to use it
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Dabss(m): 5:14pm On Oct 29, 2011
^^^^^ Someone like you abi?
@ op blindness
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Outstrip(f): 5:16pm On Oct 29, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

^^^^^ Someone like you abi?
@ op blindness

Na I actually meant someone like you and your brother. May be I was not very clear. I apologize for the confusion
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Dabss(m): 5:21pm On Oct 29, 2011
Lmao. U think i have the time to exchange words wif u abi? Abeg wakka pass.
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by iice(f): 5:24pm On Oct 29, 2011
Outstrip:

I think it is having a brain and refusing to use it

Gotta agree.
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Outstrip(f): 5:29pm On Oct 29, 2011
iice:

Gotta agree.

I work with mentally disadvantaged people and sometimes you see them work so hard to just put two and two together to complete a simple task. It is amazing. They are so determined to do something as simple as tie their shoes laces. Then I see typical people who have no handicap in the typical sense that are just so mentally lazy. It makes me want to flip my wig. I honestly see that as a handicap. You realize that some people are not equipped with the ability to engage their fully functioning brain
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Dabss(m): 5:38pm On Oct 29, 2011
Lol
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by tpia5: 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2011
Sometimes i wonder at the kind of s.tupidity which makes people open threads of this nature.

May God have mercy on we humans.

Why do people look at somebody and say thank God i am better than that person because i have some physical attribute which is better than that person's own.

Do you know your future?

Why are some folks so d.aft.

And is it by force to start a thread.
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 29, 2011
Outstrip:

I work with mentally disadvantaged people and sometimes you see them work so hard to just put two and two together to complete a simple task. It is amazing. They are so determined to do something as simple as tie their shoes laces. Then I see typical people who have no handicap in the typical sense that are just so mentally lazy. It makes me want to flip my wig. I honestly see that as a handicap. You realize that some people are not equipped with the ability to engage their fully functioning brain

I agree. For some non-mentally disadvantaged people, a healthy, fully-functional brain is wasted, their bony craniums are merely housing their grey matter. If the brain went missing, they wouldn't even notice the loss.

My sister too works with mentally disadvantaged youngsters, and it's really rewarding to see them get to grips with the simple tasks we take for granted.

I fail to see the purpose of this thread, started by someone who appears to have a disability that hasn't yet been classified, so has no name.
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by tpia5: 5:43pm On Oct 29, 2011
@ topic

Some people need to watch out for the early signs of madness in their thought pattern, and get help.
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Outstrip(f): 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2011
Okay this thread has become funny. I was hoping to gently educate the original poster that what they consider a handicap is a strength for many. Our culture really sees any sort of physical or mental handicap as a death sentence when these people can actually live very fufilling and rewarding lives
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Emmyk(m): 5:57pm On Oct 29, 2011
tpia@:

Sometimes i wonder at the kind of s.tupidity which makes people open threads of this nature.

May God have mercy on we humans.

Why do people look at somebody and say thank God i am better than that person because i have some physical attribute which is better than that person's own.

Do you know your future?

Why are some folks so d.aft.

And is it by force to start a thread.

my bad, I didnt know you're blind. Well, no one's making jest of anybody here, just appreciating God for our lives. I dont know anything bout my future, but for then main time when I'm still okay, I show gratitude. Deal with that!
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Emmyk(m): 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2011
Siena:

I agree. For some non-mentally disadvantaged people, a healthy, fully-functional brain is wasted, their bony craniums are merely housing their grey matter. If the brain went missing, they wouldn't even notice the loss.

My sister too works with mentally disadvantaged youngsters, and it's really rewarding to see them get to grips with the simple tasks we take for granted.

I fail to see the purpose of this thread, started by someone who appears to have a disability that hasn't yet been classified, so has no name.

thanks. Untill then.
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Dabss(m): 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2011
Nairaland is fun!!!!!
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2011
Emmyk:

thanks. Untill then.

I apologise for my harsh words, I have no right to label you in any way. So sorry!
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by iice(f): 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2011
Outstrip:

Okay this thread has become funny. I was hoping to gently educate the original poster that what they consider a handicap is a strength for many. Our culture really sees any sort of physical or mental handicap as a death sentence when these people can actually live very fufilling and rewarding lives

Exactly.
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by tpia5: 6:40pm On Oct 29, 2011
I was hoping to gently educate the original poster

i dont think the op can be gently educated.

i do suspect some mental imbalances going by the way he presented himself.

soft pedaling wont help him but prompt treatment might.
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by tpia5: 6:44pm On Oct 29, 2011
Emmyk:

I dont know anything bout my future,

very true.

ps 19:14

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Emmyk(m): 2:17am On Oct 30, 2011
@tpia, thanks so much.
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by freecocoa(f): 7:43am On Oct 30, 2011
I only walked into this thread to know what would warrant such a thread title. And now reading what Op wrote just makes me want to send him a well packaged punch/slap via DHL.
I wonder how someone with a brain like this could be writing about not liking any disability when he is clearly disabled upstairs. What an IRONY.
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Emmyk(m): 12:27pm On Oct 30, 2011
freecocoa:

I only walked into this thread to know what would warrant such a thread title. And now reading what Op wrote just makes me want to send him a well packaged punch/slap via DHL.
I wonder how someone with a brain like this could be writing about not liking any disability when he is clearly disabled upstairs. What an IRONY.
others have said it. And I already know I'm wrong. So, what's your point? That I'm brainless or the punch you wanna send?
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by freecocoa(f): 12:44pm On Oct 30, 2011
Emmyk:

others have said it. And I already know I'm wrong. So, what's your point? That I'm brainless or the punch you wanna send?
If you know who cocoa is,you'd know that just cos "others" say something doesn't mean she'll not say what's on her mind.

Now as regards the slap paste your contact\forwarding address so I can forward it to you.
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2011
^^^ Freecocoa, let it drop. At least Emmyk's acknowledged he was wrong, not many on Nairaland would ever admit they've erred, even when caught with a hand in the jam jar, they'd still say the hand you saw wasn't theirs. Despite the fact it was attached to their bodies. wink

Let it go.
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by freshera: 2:00pm On Oct 30, 2011
1. Low self-esteem, this is the reason why some people who seem to have it all commit suicide.

2. Absence of hope.

3. Wasting your ability

Some disabled people love themseleves JUST THE WAY THEY ARE and they have chosen to be happy. They want to be abled but even while they are waiting for the operation or miracle, they have CHOSEN to be satisfied, positive and happy. Because they know their eternal self esteem and have hope.

Whereas some abled people are still waiting for when they will buy a car before they are happy. Whereas not having a car is not stopping them from being happy but from being comfortable and mobile, they can still choose to be happy regardless of being car-less.

I agree with someone here.  DON'T DERIVE YOUR HAPPINESS FROM OTHERS DISABILITY OR SADNESS. derive it from the good thing that has happened to you not from the bad thing that has happened to others.

ecclesiastes says life is about SEASON(TIME) AND CHANCE, so the same lottery that made you abled is the same lottery that made the disabled, disabled. . . in most cases

in a developed country, even a disabled person has lots of hope. in the  eyes of the Creator, all humans have equal potential.
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by freecocoa(f): 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2011
Siena:

^^^ Freecocoa, let it drop. At least Emmyk's acknowledged he was wrong, not many on Nairaland would ever admit they've erred, even when caught with a hand in the jam jar, they'd still say the hand you saw wasn't theirs. Despite the fact it was attached to their bodies. wink

Let it go.

OGA Mr siena,you should understand that I was trying to play with him.I've let it go tey tey.
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by tpia5: 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2011
its not about the op being right or wrong- he just needs to apologize to[b] GOD [/b] alone, that's all.

if he likes let him not do so.
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Outstrip(f): 4:13pm On Oct 30, 2011
I think what I like about this thread is that i think the OP understands now. I think we should just leave him alone. Some people will never get it but he gets it. Many people have not dealt directly with a disabled person and not everybody has that natural compassionate spirit. He has been forced to think now and I am sure he is having a dialogue with himself. he gets in and I am satisfied with that
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by Fhemmmy: 2:19am On Oct 31, 2011
Not being able to think
Re: What Is The Worst Disability In Human? by tpia5: 2:35am On Oct 31, 2011
i read some posters' comment and threads on nl, and they just make me wonder what type of people roam this earth.

oh well.

God have mercy on us all.

(1) (Reply)

What Name Do You Save Your Mum's Number With / Shout Out To My Spouse! / 6 Months Baby!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.