Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,419 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK (16866 Views)

Neveah Makes Financial Times 2023 Africa’s Fastest Growing Companies Ranking / Benue Traders Resort To Trade By Barter Due To Naira Scarcity / Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Streetdoctor: 8:05am On Nov 27, 2023
atiku4President:
Lapo and credit direct to the rescue
This is d best season of LAPO and Co, come to Lagos and see how they are making cool cash all bcs of tribulation

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by jimmynauty: 8:05am On Nov 27, 2023
Migo *516# is the best..they don't stress you like other lenders...anytime I get small I o keep reducing.
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Streetdoctor: 8:06am On Nov 27, 2023
Gerrard59:
cc: nlfmod

Good luck to Nigerians. Please pay attention to the graphs and compare to 2010 - 2014. Then, see my signature.

Again, good luck! grin
u wont see bastard ronu people here,
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Kukutenla: 8:07am On Nov 27, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Bunkum and balderdash!

The financial times UK should also tell us about the hardship being faced by UK citizens! Oh! They feel we don't know that inflation is biting harder than never before, and a housing crisis fvckin their country from the butthole?

Anyways, His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) is aware about the statistics and making frantic efforts to steer the economy on a growth path. Nigerians do not need a foreign entity battling with its own problems, to notify us.
One winners why your people are running to the UK in droves

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by CHIOMAEZEH: 8:07am On Nov 27, 2023
People in government are still feeding fat

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Streetdoctor: 8:07am On Nov 27, 2023
victory36:
please does lapo give loans to start a business?
U want to start a business with loan?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by grandstar(m): 8:08am On Nov 27, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Bunkum and balderdash!

The financial times UK should also tell us about the hardship being faced by UK citizens! Oh! They feel we don't know that inflation is biting harder than never before, and a housing crisis fvckin their country from the butthole?

Anyways, His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) is aware about the statistics and making frantic efforts to steer the economy on a growth path. Nigerians do not need a foreign entity battling with its own problems, to notify us.

Stop spreading your ignorance. Such news is also reported about the UK.

Don't Nigerian papers report about the bad economy here?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by ceejayluv(m): 8:08am On Nov 27, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Bunkum and balderdash!

Inflation of 4.6 percent compared to ours?. If they didn't report it, how would we have known?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Tonytonex(m): 8:08am On Nov 27, 2023
atiku4President:
Lapo and credit direct to the rescue
what is that?
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Rutherford2019: 8:11am On Nov 27, 2023
You can forge certificate but you cannot forge performance
Tinubulation

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by grandstar(m): 8:12am On Nov 27, 2023
maasoap:

Well, I knew few people taking these loans from all the possible online lenders who they could get money from. After that, they would destroy the sim cards and buy new ones. These people are not the type that worry about their credit rating or bank accounts or reporting their BVN to CBN grin grin grin

After a while, they have nowhere to run to for loans.

They start having to make painful adjustments like bankrupt economies. Many even end up making the wrong type of adjustments.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by magoo10(m): 8:12am On Nov 27, 2023
maasoap:

Well, I knew few people taking these loans from all the possible online lenders who they could get money from. After that, they would destroy the sim cards and buy new ones. These people are not the type that worry about their credit rating or bank accounts or reporting their BVN to CBN grin grin grin
thats true

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by bigiyaro(m): 8:14am On Nov 27, 2023
SharingIsLife:

You call this bunkum and balderdash all in an effort to defend your God. We know that every country (including UK) is battling its own problems. But, why is there an exodus of Nigerian doctors to the same UK? Over 14,000 of them left in less than a year.

You don't need UK but soon, your god will get sick and fly to the same UK. You see, it is natural for humans to be ashamed of wrongdoing. But, when you get to this level of shamelessness, you've lost your humanity. You've become a beast.

UK is worse off?!? Hmmm. Do you really mean this? There is no level of stupidity supporting Tinubu cannot lead you to. A country is worse off but your presidents go there to beg for everything and your best citizens keep 'escaping' to that country? We know you guys are paid to do this odd unfulfilling job on Nairaland. But, try amap to sound a bit reasonable.
don't waste your energy, he will never understand what you are saying. His IQ is not up that capacity.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Skillsnigeria: 8:14am On Nov 27, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by ogbonti: 8:16am On Nov 27, 2023
This time 40 years ago- 1983, November 27 - President Shehu Shagari thought he had it together until 1987(2027) because (like Bola Tinubu) of today, he Shagari had successfully rigged the August 1983 elections to favor the ruling party NPN, (the ruling party now APC) through FEDECO (which is now INEC) with the Chairman of FEDECO being Mr. Justice Victor Ovie-Whiskey (Now Prof. Mahmoud Yakubu) --------->> When Ovie-Whiskey was asked in (1983) if he compromised the election to favor President Shagari, he said, "we did not expect to be perfect" just like Yakubu said a "glitch" (imperfection in the technology) turned off IREV in (2023) ------- the Supreme court in 1983 (same as in 2023) delivered judgement to uphold the electoral heist.

Just like 1983 (2023) we had bombastic and loquacious elements in the political space like Senator Uba Ahmed (1983) claiming President Shagari will win on election day before the c o ck crow.. Festus Keyamo (2023) no one will come close to Asiwaju as he is the only one in the race and the others are mere spectators. NPN National Party Chairman Chief Augustine Meredith Adisa (AMA) Akinloye - (1983) saying Shagari's re-election is a done deal and that other contestant should prepare their concession speech one week to the election, Same with (2023) APC National Chairman, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, telling the other parties "if you are not happy with the result, go to court"

While Nigerian population has grown from 123 million in 1983 to 220 million in 2023 (almost doubled in 40 years) - it is interesting to note that President Shagari secured 12 million + votes to be re-elected President in 1983 despite contenting against 4 formidable candidates like Chief Obafemi Awolowo (UPN) - Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe (NPP) Alhaji Waziri Ibrahim (GNPP) and Alhaji Hassan Yusuf (PRP) ------ while in 2023 (40 years later - with an increase in population up to 97 million more Nigerians + the 1983 population) Bola Tinubu was elected President by 8+ million voters, against just 3 formidable candidates - Alhaji Atiku Abubakar (PDP) Mr. Peter Obi (LP) and Alhaji Rabiu Kwankwanso (NNPP).

Just like 1983 - (same as 2023) contestants like Awolowo/ Azikiwe called the 1983 election (Atiku /Obi - 2023 election) conducted by FEDECO (INEC) as "DAYLIGHT ROBBERY / RAPE OF DEMOCRACY (1983) ------ HEIST / COLLUSION BY INEC (2023)

Just like 1983, (2023) Nigerians didn't protest against President Shagari's victory (President Tinubu) - but the tension was in the air and the President imposed on Nigerians; Shagari (Tinubu) started having legitimacy crisis - and there was widespread anger in the land over the blatant abuse of power by the NPN (APC) that even newspapers then like Weekend Concord, Daily Tribune in 1983 (Social Media, 2023) started clamoring for a revolution aka military coup.

Drawing my analysis from these striking similarities, I am predicting that -- like 40 years ago ------- there was a coup on December 31, 1983 - will there be a coup on or before (December 31, 2023 Coup) ?

Can we conveniently say "as it was in '83, so it is '23? ....." grin because those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by zombieHUNTER: 8:22am On Nov 27, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Bunkum and balderdash!

Ode
Tinubu that put this country in a mess

Same Tinubu will bury it

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by nedekid: 8:24am On Nov 27, 2023
victory36:
Better don't go there. Borrow money from family and friends.
You want to start a business. That is the usual story. Next thing, few months down the line, you presently humble will now be the one writing here, how lapo is bothering your life, how they are heartless, they want to kill you, you will not pay them etc.
Abegi, save money, ask your relatives or friends, because I assure you, you may not be able to handle the yawa from Lapo when it starts. They are not like online money lender. For them, they will visit your house, assess your properties, you will provide guarantors they will hold if you default etc.
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by nairalanda1(m): 8:26am On Nov 27, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Bunkum and balderdash!

That the UK is having hard times does not mean that Nigeria has better government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by nairalanda1(m): 8:27am On Nov 27, 2023
maasoap:

It would catch up with them eventually.

In later life

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by purples25(f): 8:28am On Nov 27, 2023
Loan apps are for Rich people who forgot their credit card somewhere during lunch at L'Oreal hotel/restaurant 😂

It's true na. What I'm saying is the truth. Which poor people do they expect to take 5k to pay 10,000 in seven days. Or 6k to pay 14k in seven days. Loan apps are for Rich people.

The only ones that don't scam/harass people are Okash, Branch and Fairmoney.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Fearyourcreator: 8:30am On Nov 27, 2023
victory36:
Collecting loan to start a business, lolzzz .. nawa ooo
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Fearyourcreator: 8:32am On Nov 27, 2023
SharingIsLife:

You call this bunkum and balderdash all in an effort to defend your God. We know that every country (including UK) is battling its own problems. But, why is there an exodus of Nigerian doctors to the same UK? Over 14,000 of them left in less than a year.

You don't need UK but soon, your god will get sick and fly to the same UK. You see, it is natural for humans to be ashamed of wrongdoing. But, when you get to this level of shamelessness, you've lost your humanity. You've become a beast.

UK is worse off?!? Hmmm. Do you really mean this? There is no level of stupidity supporting Tinubu cannot lead you to. A country is worse off but your presidents go there to beg for everything and your best citizens keep 'escaping' to that country? We know you guys are paid to do this odd unfulfilling job on Nairaland. But, try amap to sound a bit reasonable.
You no defending your country Wetin you gain

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Zeebuy: 8:33am On Nov 27, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Bunkum and balderdash!

Same tinubu who said "na statistics we go chop?"
Dey play

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Luxurydriverng: 8:34am On Nov 27, 2023
fkelly:
Collecting online loan is a suicide mission, the interest rate are too high.

Imagine paying over 1/2 of the borrowed funds in less than three months.

Pls which business can generate that revenue in nigeria?

I'm currently in one now collected 300k to sort out accommodation issues I'm expected to pay almost 500k back, I was desperate and had no other option at that point cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Naz34(m): 8:39am On Nov 27, 2023
magoo10:
funny enough this is not the right time to take loans except you have more than three times or more the amount of loan to be taken. the loan can be used as a floating capital.

the uncertainties in this emilokan fire brigade economy is just too high and risky.
funny enough. I hardly come across people in my wide circle or my individual self ever going for loans at any point in time. Every one i know, Including myself have always lived within our means , utilising what we earn wisely. No be say we are very rich circle of people o. All these useless foreign reporters and their antagonizing utterancea
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Musty4ahmed1: 8:40am On Nov 27, 2023
Palm Credit are criminal licensed loan app, whatever the condition don't be enslaved please avoid them. Their exorbitant high interest rate and blackmail of their customers will push anyone who patronize them into depression. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by magoo10(m): 8:41am On Nov 27, 2023
Naz34:
funny enough. I hardly come across people in my wide circle or my individual self ever going for loans at any point in time. Every one i know, Including myself have always lived within our means , utilising what we earn wisely. No be say we are very rich circle of people o. All these useless foreign reporters and their antagonizing utterancea
most businesses live on loans which is normal but i rejected this period because of the uncertainties.so i dont end up slaving for the banks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by elujah1(m): 8:42am On Nov 27, 2023
Bigkoko:
FT should shut the fuvck up! Millions of household in UK can no longer put on their fridge due to high cost of electricity and dwindling fortunes. Asiwaju might not be a fit, but the UK is worse off!

After all, how many UK citizens can buy plane tickets? mchewwwwww

Between, the only regions feeling the hardship more than others is that side that has equal mix of christians, traditional & moslems adherents, thus causing some bit of religious confusion!

Na them stand for Asiwaju manhood. Na them complain pass. Elders, women, teens & agberos!

You are talking about people who can't put on fridge? At least it's someone who has food thinks of fridge. Is it same here, stop defending evil always.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by LegallyBlunt: 8:42am On Nov 27, 2023
Bigkoko:
FT should shut the fuvck up! Millions of household in UK can no longer put on their fridge due to high cost of electricity and dwindling fortunes. Asiwaju might not be a fit, but the UK is worse off!

After all, how many UK citizens can buy plane tickets? mchewwwwww

Between, the only regions feeling the hardship more than others is that side that has equal mix of christians, traditional & moslems adherents, thus causing some bit of religious confusion!

Na them stand for Asiwaju manhood. Na them complain pass. Elders, women, teens & agberos!
Lol. You go defend tire.
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by kurupt1: 8:45am On Nov 27, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Bunkum and balderdash!

Ur fucking stupid

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by yongg: 8:46am On Nov 27, 2023
IVORY2009:
Though this is world wide, even the united kingdom is not left out, some claims it's as a result of the current war going on in Ukraine, but some aspect has to do with the Nigerian govt policies.

Our hardship in Nigeria is by far largely artificial don't be deceived by those news you hear about the war and the effect of its global inflation. Nigeria has the all that it takes to have been insulated but they have chosen to enslave their citizenry to outside western, European and colonial linked investors.

See, the schemes Nigeria is playing is to make her citizens poor and impoverished, dependent on loans like it is in the west yet unable to live of their jobs like it is in the west for their OWN citizen.

In addition to that, destroy the value of the Naira to make own citizen unable to get value while exposing great value to Western investors. Right now, even a small-timer with some dollars can take advantage because the Naira is in the gutters yet the citizens that have it cannot even afford it.

If you want to live a modest life in Nigeria right now as a single person, you are looking at at least NGN1.3 million.
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by PeachtreeReside(f): 8:48am On Nov 27, 2023
We are just getting used to these formal loan entities... something you guys are more used to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NIPOST Imposes New Charges On Courier Services / Alaba International Market Website: Alaba.biz / GTBank Shuts Down HiTV Premises & Puts It Into Receivership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.