Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,198 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract (22061 Views)

Look At What For Naira Loan Company Sent To My Contact / How Much Do I Charge For The Contract? / Check Out This Hilarious Contract Between 'oga Madam' And Her 'house Help'. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by abbeyd2(m): 1:34pm On Dec 07, 2023
We are so quick to judge someone. Just 5 days after you started complaining did you find out if the client has paid him or if any of your colleagues has received payment?
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by MarveworldG: 1:36pm On Dec 07, 2023
phorget:
Most engineers are generally wicked!

Not the engineer we have here, I promise
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by StpidNLmods: 1:38pm On Dec 07, 2023
I supplied sharp sand to some body in anambra state but the enginer is based in Lagos. The truck driver made mistake and damaged some fence of about 70 blocks plus other little damages but after assessment, we know it will cost around 80 to 100k for the repair

He paid only 20k from 200k and now he is not answering my calls and whatptspp again. His workers said they are ready to do the repairs if I agree with them after I settle with the enginer who is not in the state because he contacted me online.

The truck owner is cool with me and I can settle him if the engineer settled with me but the engineer is just hiding from my calls.

I am yet to think of best way to manage him and this matter
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by KayB: 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2023
Please don't make such a mistake again; we are in a very dicey situation economically.
Always give room to infer on the kind of person you're dealing with by negotiating for instalmental settlements eg weekly or otherwise.
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by Alamu5891: 1:58pm On Dec 07, 2023
immortalcrown:
Give him some time. If he keeps dodging you, contact Very Dark Man. I am not joking.
and the contractor will learn in the hard way
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by dbestcno(m): 2:37pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ezeeboiy:
Hello! I will go straight to the point

I am a mason (labourer) there's this engineer that hired us to work in his site outside the city where I live far away from my state of residence in the North East we spent 1 month and 5days working at the site we agreed that he will be given us daily feeding allowance but our remuneration will be paid after the completion of the project.

So after the completion of the project we calculated that I have 115k for the period I spent working . Now it has been 5days since we finished the project but yet to pay me I have families that depend on me and he now want me to go home empty handed after this long since I left my family. I have been asking him but now he doesn't even take my call. please how can I handle this issue?

Let the police be aware then find something worth your money and sell it even if na the generator
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by richard870(m): 2:37pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ezeeboiy:

I am a mason (labourer) there's this engineer that hired us to work in his site outside the city where I live far away from my state of residence in the North East we spent 1 month and 5days working at the site we agreed that he will be given us daily feeding allowance but our remuneration will be paid after the completion of the project.

So after the completion of the project we calculated that I have 115k for the period I spent working . Now it has been 5days since we finished the project but yet to pay me I have families that depend on me and he now want me to go home empty handed after this long since I left my family. I have been asking him but now he doesn't even take my call. please how can I handle this issue?

The agreement you had from the onset is nothing but a ruse to get you into completing the said job. I wont be surprised if he ends up paying you whatever he likes

1 Like

Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 2:56pm On Dec 07, 2023
otipoju:

Just send him a text message that you have received the alert as promised and you are sending this to thank him thatbhe even added extra outbof the kind heart that he has.

And that God will continue to bless him mightily and everything he lays his hands on will prosper. That he will never meet anyone that will destroy all that he has been working for in his life in one day.

That it is him that will live long enough to witness his children's progress and they in turn will live long enough to bury him instead of him burying them one after the other.

That God will keep him in good health and he will not be struck with an incurable sickness that he will waste all his life savings on.

Put your name and account number clearly in the message and say nothing again.

If to say I never repent, I for tell you some strong things wey you fit do am as payback.

The man can provide that SMS as evidence that he's been fully remuneration if anyone takes the case up.

1 Like

Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by yinkeys(m): 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ezeeboiy:

I hope you have proof or witnesses of agreement
People no longer fear God in Nigeria these days and steal from anyone
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:10pm On Dec 07, 2023
Some people are just greedy
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by clockwisereport: 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ezeeboiy:
actually we didn't sign agreement sir. Well of course that's what he has been saying. Ok sir will give him little time

Drop his contact make we disturb am small
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by BIGGIE121(m): 4:00pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ezeeboiy:

You did a huge mistake of trusting an engineer with your money , you should have been collecting your money as you work, never work in advance for engineer's or clients. That's is a mantra I've adopted after being owed by several engineer's.
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by blaise26abj(m): 4:32pm On Dec 07, 2023
phorget:

True . Atimes workers are the worst too . Besides why would they agree to something like that ? It is not productive . I always say that the service industry is horrible in nigeria . People just behave anyhow . It is always better to deal with products and DONT give out products without payment if you want to live long
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by Blizzy9ja: 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2023
phorget:
Say some not most... I wonder where you learnt your English, every labourer deserves their pay, that Engineer is greedy.
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by stancod(m): 4:36pm On Dec 07, 2023
eddynaira125:
Reason why most Nigeria don't like to work, u slave yourself one idiot will delay your money
true word
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by Airlord2030: 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
happney65:

I guess you are a stupid cultist? Cultist wey we dey lock up for police station. Bunch of stupid cowards
drop your house address if e sure you
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by Sharmeenator(m): 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2023
LONEWOLFJOHN:
He need to be smart at this point, he should try use another number to call him, this time, record the conversation as evidence, ask him politely criptics questions. Once he admits he's bound to pay, Just drag him to court immidiately. Trust me, he will settle out of court.
Na so Una go dey shout go court go court. Person wey dem dey owe 115k fit afforded lawyer or is justice now free on Nigeria?
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by Yusufisraelj(m): 5:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
phorget:

Take your time! This is not correct information.

Most of us are good. Few are bad.
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by LONEWOLFJOHN: 5:54pm On Dec 07, 2023
Sharmeenator:

Na so Una go dey shout go court go court. Person wey dem dey owe 115k fit afforded lawyer or is justice now free on Nigeria?
that's your ignorance, this is simple and clear case, Lawyer won't charge him more than #25k out of the money. The engineer may endup paying compensation. Na me dey tell you, na fear of unknown dey worry you. It's better than to let it go, the engineer will keep doing it to others
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by Meerahbel: 6:02pm On Dec 07, 2023
Infinity mortgage bank in conjunction with CBN is giving loans
SweetDipBenny:
Are u goin to fund the business for him?
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by Oyerinde16(m): 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2023
Just send him a text like this...

Sir I have worked for 35 days, my money is 15k I give you till 2 days to get my money. If I don't get it, keep it, I will find you and collect what is more than my money from you.

I bet you if 2 days exceeds without paying u eh... he will be looking back if he his walking...he knows someone is on the loose looking for him...
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:11pm On Dec 07, 2023
Josephilemona:
You must be a big fool for making this irrational statement, how is this your business if he charges above 3k per day, you this miserable ratarded tribilistic slowpoke.

Rubbish
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by Josephilemona(m): 10:14pm On Dec 07, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:

Rubbish
stupidity
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by phorget(m): 10:20pm On Dec 07, 2023
Yusufisraelj:

Take your time! This is not correct information.

Most of us are good. Few are bad.

I'm talking from experience sir, ALL engineers I've worked with are just the same.
I am a building contractor myself but a times I act as a subcontractor to some engineers and my experiences hasnt been anyway pleasant at all!

Give them.an estimate of 500k they will price it 150k then want you to do 1million naira worth of work while they pay you 50k then when you might have done about 70percent of the job. They will frustrate you so you can abandon the job in annoyance, they will invite another subcontractor to come and execute the remaining 30percent job and they will tell the new subcontractor that the initial person handling the job collected full payment then abandon the job halfway.
All these is just a bid to pay lesser amounts for the completion of the job, they will promise the new contractor of many other jobs so that he will help them complete the current job with lesser workmanship.
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by Samextreme: 4:51am On Dec 08, 2023
Ezeeboiy:

My brother please think outside the box and exercise patience. The client might have not paid the Engineer. At times the Engineer will use his own personal money to sort out craft men on site while waiting for client to pay.

I am an Engineer and I have experienced this time without number from clients.
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:56am On Dec 08, 2023
Airlord2030:
drop your house address if e sure you
you better look for something tangible to do,before you are looking for address up and down like a fool.Any small thing address,na why una dey die like fowl grin
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by Ezeeboiy: 6:26am On Dec 08, 2023
Samextreme:

My brother please think outside the box and exercise patience. The client might have not paid the Engineer. At times the Engineer will use his own personal money to sort out craft men on site while waiting for client to pay.

I am an Engineer and I have experienced this time without number from clients.
exactly what he told me that even the 30k he gave me is from his pocket that's why I didn't post his contact here

1 Like

Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by Yusufisraelj(m): 9:02am On Dec 08, 2023
phorget:

I'm talking from experience sir, ALL engineers I've worked with are just the same.
I am a building contractor myself but a times I act as a subcontractor to some engineers and my experiences hasnt been anyway pleasant at all!

Give them.an estimate of 500k they will price it 150k then want you to do 1million naira worth of work while they pay you 50k then when you might have done about 70percent of the job. They will frustrate you so you can abandon the job in annoyance, they will invite another subcontractor to come and execute the remaining 30percent job and they will tell the new subcontractor that the initial person handling the job collected full payment then abandon the job halfway.
All these is just a bid to pay lesser amounts for the completion of the job, they will promise the new contractor of many other jobs so that he will help them complete the current job with lesser workmanship.

Wow, so sorry about your experience. It is well.

I'll advise you start looking for rich contractors to work with, I've been in this show before. The thing is if you work for poor contractors your finances will look like thiers and so also if you work for rich contractors your finances will look like thiers.

On a personal level I have stopped collecting jobs from "beggerly" contractors, same energy it takes to look for poor ones is same to look for rich ones. Omo just position yourself and trust God for grace to meet the right people. Some person's no just be am.
Re: Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract by delishpot: 10:23am On Dec 08, 2023
If they assassinate "Mr Engineer" now, world people will say people are evil. Now he won't call himself to order o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? / LNG Recruiting / Thank God With Me For A New Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.