Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out (755 Views)

How I Was Duped Yesterday! Nairalanders Please Help / How I Sold My Brother Out To Be Killed - Lagos Cultist (Photo) / I Killed My Twin Brother Out Of Fear He Might Kill Me First, He Joined Aye Cult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by ggood: 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
Good evening my Nairalanders please help my brother out ,
My younger brother run a POS business in Berger in Lagos, a customer came to to withdraw 10200 on the 19th of November 2023 , and the same man came back on 23th November that my brother POS Debited him 60000 meanwhile he is not the one , the alert shows someone else that debited him.

So this evening the customer arrested my brother and the police said he should pay the 60,000 now while the investigation is ongoing or if can't pay he should be detain in the station.

What can we do
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by Mhizzard(m): 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
Can't you people ask for the receipt/detail of the debit alert.it is a clear matter that need no long prolongation.
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by slimjohn2k5: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
Go get a lawyer, na the man go pay your brother 500k for lost time and to balance the lawyer. Also mk sure the lawyer ginger say make them go court.
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by JASONjnr(m): 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
Go get a lawyer, na the man go pay your brother 500k for lost time and to balance the lawyer. Also mk sure the lawyer ginger say make them go court.

Sounds like it's a collaboration thing.

The police should investigate properly and be just with issues like this. It's a very simple case.

Go with the young man to his bank and request for bank statement and run a check of his transactions and if he's guilty, he gets arrested, if he's not, the man should get his Bank statement and trace which POS center debited him that amount.
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by ggood: 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
Mhizzard:
Can't you people ask for the receipt/detail of the debit alert.it is a clear matter that need no long prolongation.
the customer didn't give my brother the receipt instead he gave police his statement of his account and that particular debit shows medusa and that's is not my brother terminal name, and police refuse to give us the transactions id and the customer statement at hand to take it to opay tomorrow morning
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by ggood: 10:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
we will get a lawyer tomorrow
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by ggood: 10:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
JASONjnr:

Sounds like it's a collaboration thing.

The police should investigate properly and be just with issues like this. It's a very simple case.

Go with the young man to his bank and request for bank statement and run a check of his transactions and if he's guilty, he gets arrested, if he's not, the man should get his Bank statement and trace which POS center debited him that amount.
the statement of account of the customer is with the police they refuse to let my brother have the customer Statement of account
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by JASONjnr(m): 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2023
ggood:
the statement of account of the customer is with the police they refuse to let my brother have the customer Statement of account

Then it's a collaboration thing.... Seems the police and the customer are accomplice and probably have been doing this.

If you have enough cash, get a lawyer..... That way, you can press charges.

But make sure, you've collected the POS machine from your brother and keep it far from the police.
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by ggood: 11:08pm On Nov 28, 2023
JASONjnr:

Then it's a collaboration thing.... Seems the police and the customer are accomplice and probably have been doing this.

If you have enough cash, get a lawyer..... That way, you can press charges.

But make sure, you've collected the POS machine from your brother and keep it far from the police.
i should collect from brother ? Please explain better thanks bro, his pos is in his shop with the his cashier, my brother have advantage because he is working with Opay company , he will get to the root of the case
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by Tolumiide: 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2023
I will not be surprised that the customer and the police are 5 and 6.
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by ggood: 12:01am On Nov 29, 2023
Tolumiide:
I will not be surprised that the customer and the police are 5 and 6.
I swear ,the terminal number and my brother terminal are different it's supposed to be the same
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by tommy589(m): 12:38am On Nov 29, 2023
ggood:
I swear ,the terminal number and my brother terminal are different it's supposed to be the same

I pray an helper comes your way
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by Mhizzard(m): 5:24am On Nov 29, 2023
ggood:
the customer didn't give my brother the receipt instead he gave police his statement of his account and that particular debit shows medusa and that's is not my brother terminal name, and police refuse to give us the transactions id and the customer statement at hand to take it to opay tomorrow morning
that is cheating.the man has bribe them better still is a bargain arrest
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by seborrhic: 5:51am On Nov 29, 2023
This is a very straightforward case, assuming your brother is telling the truth.
I know there are still some truthful Nigerians out there,but the dark truth is that the average Nigerian is a lying,dishonest person.
Having said that,if your brother or you can confirm from opay that that transaction didn't arise from him,then the IPO and dpo of that station will soon start sweating:with your documented evidence and proven honesty of your case,locate the Punch office along Lagos Ibadan expressway near Magboro and request to speak with the crime desk.
If they hear out your case and do their own checks,they will publish it and that is what I meant that the IPO and dpo may soon be sweating,no police officer want to have his name or station published for a shoddy or corrupt investigation.
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by ggood: 7:03am On Nov 29, 2023
tommy589:

I pray an helper comes your way
thanks
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by ggood: 7:08am On Nov 29, 2023
seborrhic:
This is a very straightforward case, assuming your brother is telling the truth.
I know there are still some truthful Nigerians out there,but the dark truth is that the average Nigerian is a lying,dishonest person.
Having said that,if your brother or you can confirm from opay that that transaction didn't arise from him,then the IPO and dpo of that station will soon start sweating:with your documented evidence and proven honesty of your case,locate the Punch office along Lagos Ibadan expressway near Magboro and request to speak with the crime desk.
If they hear out your case and do their own checks,they will publish it and that is what I meant that the IPO and dpo may soon be sweating,no police officer want to have his name or station published for a shoddy or corrupt investigation.
my brother is telling the truth we checked my brother opay transaction state on the said date and there was no transaction of the said amount
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by seborrhic: 8:22am On Nov 29, 2023
ggood:
my brother is telling the truth we checked my brother opay transaction state on the said date and there was no transaction of the said amount
Then,please make the sacrifice to locate the Punch office with any documented evidence you have got and your story may just make it.Unless it's not published,but if it does,you are home free.Can also initiate legal action against the accuser for damages.Know it's a lot of sacrifice in time and resources,but some of these kinds of cases should be pursued to not just your brother being released but damages paid,so people can learn to do the right thing and not intimidate others with means or connection.
You could also tell the IPO and dpo that punch is already on your case(after visiting punch,so that it doesn't look like an empty threat)
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by ggood: 9:12am On Nov 29, 2023
seborrhic:

Then,please make the sacrifice to locate the Punch office with any documented evidence you have got and your story may just make it.Unless it's not published,but if it does,you are home free.Can also initiate legal action against the accuser for damages.Know it's a lot of sacrifice in time and resources,but some of these kinds of cases should be pursued to not just your brother being released but damages paid,so people can learn to do the right thing and not intimidate others with means or connection.
You could also tell the IPO and dpo that punch is already on your case(after visiting punch,so that it doesn't look like an empty threat)
my brother is not arrested , when we visited the police station yesterday evening the Dpo gave us to option to (1) that my brother should detain (2) he should pay the 60,000 while the investigation is ongoing, so he gave the police the 60,000 , the money is in the police customer till the investigation is concluded.my brother is not broke he has over 3M in his account , he is working and the POS is side hustle.
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by ggood: 11:22am On Nov 29, 2023
seborrhic:
my brother went to the police station this morning to request for the receipt of the said 60k debit the police refuse to give him the receipt, he told the police to follow him to opay office with the receipt or they should gave him the receipt to take it to opay office police refuse.
Remember customer didn't gave my brother the transaction details or the alert to verify by himself.
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by seborrhic: 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2023
ggood:
my brother went to the police station this morning to request for the receipt of the said 60k debit the police refuse to give him the receipt, he told the police to follow him to opay office with the receipt or they should gave him the receipt to take it to opay office police refuse.
Remember customer didn't gave my brother the transaction details or the alert to verify by himself.
Oboy,make a case.
Is it possible for u to go with him or tell him to go back to the station and insist on seeing the DPO?
If he sees the DPO narrate the incident and if the DPO supports his men or aware of what has happened and is not doing anything,tell him the reason you came to him or her is to see if he would refund back your brother's money and give him the respect of that office.
But since he has decided not to do the right thing,the story is already with PunchNewspapers.That someone or you your brother narrated the incident to got in touch with punch.You can also throw in that one other social media influencer is aware of the case and told you to go and meet the DPO and if nothing is done,he would post it on social media.
Make sure to get the names of the people involved,so that if you are putting your story across you have names and station to mention.
If him or both of you go,ensure or make emphasis that you are focussing on the name tags on any of the policemen involved,let them know your eyes are on the name tag,they will guess your threats are not empty,that you want to get their names to send to the media you mentioned.
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by DanAugust2021: 1:10pm On Nov 29, 2023
ggood:
Then why are you wasting time? Escalate it like someone said and get a lawyer. Don't allow it drag, do it urgently or the Police may look for some other means to take advantage of your brother.
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by ggood: 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2023
seborrhic:

Oboy,make a case.
Is it possible for u to go with him or tell him to go back to the station and insist on seeing the DPO?
If he sees the DPO narrate the incident and if the DPO supports his men or aware of what has happened and is not doing anything,tell him the reason you came to him or her is to see if he would refund back your brother's money and give him the respect of that office.
But since he has decided not to do the right thing,the story is already with PunchNewspapers.That someone or you your brother narrated the incident to got in touch with punch.You can also throw in that one other social media influencer is aware of the case and told you to go and meet the DPO and if nothing is done,he would post it on social media.
Make sure to get the names of the people involved,so that if you are putting your story across you have names and station to mention.
If him or both of you go,ensure or make emphasis that you are focussing on the name tags on any of the policemen involved,let them know your eyes are on the name tag,they will guess your threats are not empty,that you want to get their names to send to the media you mentioned.
thanks bro, the Dpo was the one that order him to pay the 60k or the should detain him . I just call one of my lawyer friend and told him he said he will call me back .
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by seborrhic: 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2023
ggood:
thanks bro, the Dpo was the one that order him to pay the 60k or the should detain him . I just call one of my lawyer friend and told him he said he will call me back .
Lawyer is all good but newspaper or social media posts always bring quick,positive resolution.
There is this person @Hundeyin on Twitter(X),follow him then post the story(some social media influencers are known to demand money before posting,hope he isn't one of them.Others maynot even read your story at all) and also see if you can get contact of Punch or also follow them and post the story on their page.
I am keen to see how this story develops because it clearly looks like a case of extortion.
I feel your brother showing again at that station,insisting on seeing the DPO to re-emphasize he is innocent and should have his money refunded will make the DPO know that something is up or someone is pushing him.Let him not show fear please.ALL police officers are scared of bad publicity because they know that police HQ Abuja reading about them for any controversy is frowned on and he would then check and realise ₦60k in that office he occupies is chicken change compared to whatever negative outcome that may arise or if the story boomerangs.
Please keep me posted on developments.
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by ggood: 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2023
seborrhic:

Lawyer is all good but newspaper or social media posts always bring quick,positive resolution.
There is this person @Hundeyin on Twitter(X),follow him then post the story(some social media influencers are known to demand money before posting,hope he isn't one of them.Others maynot even read your story at all) and also see if you can get contact of Punch or also follow them and post the story on their page.
I am keen to see how this story develops because it clearly looks like a case of extortion.
I feel your brother showing again at that station,insisting on seeing the DPO to re-emphasize he is innocent and should have his money refunded will make the DPO know that something is up or someone is pushing him.Let him not show fear please.ALL police officers are scared of bad publicity because they know that police HQ Abuja reading about them for any controversy is frowned on and he would then check and realise ₦60k in that office he occupies is chicken change compared to whatever negative outcome that may arise or if the story boomerangs.
Please keep me posted on developments.
we will visit a lawyer tomorrow and go back to the station to demand for the refund or the should follow us to opay office
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by Houseontherock1: 8:58pm On Nov 29, 2023
ggood:
Get a lawyer to bail your brother out- it's a bailable offence. Tomorrow morning, get your brother's statement of account showing the exact amount debited, then present it with your lawyer and possibly sue the man...no be only them fit collect statement!
Re: Good Evening My Nairalanders Please Help My Brother Out by ggood: 10:39pm On Nov 29, 2023
Houseontherock1:

Get a lawyer to bail your brother out- it's a bailable offence. Tomorrow morning, get your brother's statement of account showing the exact amount debited, then present it with your lawyer and possibly sue the man...no be only them fit collect statement!
the didn't detain him they gave him option to pay the 60k that night and he payed , his account statement shows no such transaction in his account, we told Police to follow us to opay to verify the account they refuse , they refuse to give my brother the transaction id of the claim amount

(1) (Reply)

Burning A Suspected Criminal. Is This Right? / Man Pushes Neighbour Off Bridge, Steals His Motorcycle / Man In Trouble For Raping Pregnant Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.