Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender (13857 Views)

Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? / Naira Redesign: Old, New Notes Are Legal Tender – CBN Reveals / FG Bows To Will Of The Supreme Court: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by orohbirodeysmel: 12:39pm On Nov 29, 2023
Okay
Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by david22uu(m): 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2023
Many people really do not understand the main reason for a not change

1. Politicians have so much naira stored and not circulating, when you do that every one is forced to bring out thier money

2. Real buisness owners are able to really account for thier income, no sales boy or girl will like that, they will prefare cash so they can steal a lot

3. The government cant account for 3/4 of the money in circulation

4. it will reduce bribe and every money could be traced.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by Biola67: 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2023
who cares

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by Vision101(m): 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2023
@Fredmatic
Quiz of the year

Which country in the word has two different currency notes at same time?[/b]

Answer : Nigeria

@me
It's common when a nation is transiting to a new design. There was a time two series of dollar was in circulation.

Everything about Nigeria you guys condemn as if they will give you award for it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by Padipadi(m): 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2023
Adesina18111:
So we are still on this issue?...I don't even understand why changing the design at the first place...
Changing a student uniform doesn't make him brilliant...Naira is becoming weaker everyday even among the fellow African countries yet nothing is done to make things better cos there is no evidence to show that Tinubu or APC is working...borrowing upon borrowing...

Today is a mercy day ...may God, Allah, Eledumare have mercy on us ijn... cool cool
Blame Elemefiele and ex president Tiringbeku Boolharry!

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by PotatoSalad(m): 12:56pm On Nov 29, 2023
To remember that someone people died cos of this mess is sad.
I remember the old man that died in a queue cos he was trying to withdraw some money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by wwwkaycom(m): 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2023
Fredmatic:
Quiz of the year

Which country in the word has two different currency notes at same time?

How many countries of the world have you been to?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by pikechukwu6(m): 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2023
cool Una country is finished

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by Inosky(m): 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2023
That means supreme can give final ruling and come back and revisit and rerule again. What a country. Judiciary in the mud.

I'm seeing two currency notes of the same denomination in Nigeria running concurrently even up to 8 years. grin [center][/center] cool

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by Successlane: 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2023
Assuming, the erstwhile CBN governor (Emefiele) were to be an Hausa/Fulani muslim,

guess what would have been the reaction of those from that tribe that hate this tribe/religion so, so much.

I no mention name o

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
I watched the interview Seun Of Channel had with Soludo yesterday. The interview exposes how badly damage Emefiele destroyed the economy just to lick the ass of Buhari. He was busy printing new notes and crediting the Federal Government account in trillions. This has resulted to naira plumage, increasing inflation and the creeping of the total economy. And I began to wonder, why are the Governors silent when the Mad Igbo CBN Gov was busy printing more cash? Why were the Senators who were supposed to put a check on the executive silent? I guess it was only Obaseki that spoke up among the 36 Governors. The loud silence of others drown his noise.. Buhari lived like an emperor and ensured that he crippled our economy just because he doesn't want Tinubu.. The innocent man inherited a dead walking economy from a nitwit wo doesn't know Simple economy but went on rampage prinitig more money. A person like Emefiele should be shot at close range.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by Badonasty(m): 1:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
Lol…nothing wey person fit do to satisfy Nigerians…

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by worksmart(m): 1:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
The new notes were printed to replace the old notes. If you now fail to remove the old notes it means we have excess notes in circulation.
Which means value of the currency would fall.

Elementary economics principles of supply and demand!

This surplus naira in circulation is one of the major reasons Naira has devalued N1,200 to the dollar. Removal of the old notes as planned would help the Naira recover a great deal of it's value.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by CJStarz: 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2023
Tinubu don try for this one.
One Cold Legend Extra stout for him

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by treatise: 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2023
Adesina18111:
So we are still on this issue?...I don't even understand why changing the design at the first place...
Changing a student uniform doesn't make him brilliant...Naira is becoming weaker everyday even among the fellow African countries yet nothing is done to make things better cos there is no evidence to show that Tinubu or APC is working...borrowing upon borrowing...

Today is a mercy day ...may God, Allah, Eledumare have mercy on us ijn... cool cool
One of the reasons is what made Tinubu and his party lose Lagos during Rep and state assembly elections.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by verifiablefacts: 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2023
teejay29:
This case still dey court?

December 31st don reach?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2023
Better, no more emefiewere.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by fortunechy(m): 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2023
The country was created to entertain other countries.... TUFIAKWA

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by marca(m): 2:51pm On Nov 29, 2023
I'll forever remember those days when emefiele made life unbearable for the masses... History ll never be kind to him

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by Adesina18111(m): 3:00pm On Nov 29, 2023
They are all in APC

Padipadi:

Blame Elemefiele and ex president Tiringbeku Boolharry!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by Adesina18111(m): 3:00pm On Nov 29, 2023
I don't even understand where this country is heading to angry angry

treatise:
One of the reasons is what made Tinubu and his party lose Lagos during Rep and state assembly elections.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by ufuosman(m): 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2023
Normal

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by Bimpe29: 3:08pm On Nov 29, 2023
Emefiele left indelible hardship with his draconian and selfish interest.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by gare(f): 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2023
blamingthedevil:
Supreme Court has ruled that old and new notes will co -exist as legal tender until further notice.

https://nairametrics.com/2023/11/29/old-naira-notes-to-remain-legal-tender-until-further-notice-supreme-court-rules/#:~:text=The%20Nigeria%20Supreme%20Court%20ruled,notes%20to%20December%2031%2C%202023.

I really don't understand why it's so difficult to manage this issue, they should allow both Naira notes to co-Exist. In the UAE it's still happening to tomorrow.

Or a better way to manage it any old notes that gets into the bank should not be released into the economy again, banks should only release new notes, with that way all old notes would eventually be mopped up, this is not an issue the government should waste time on, they need to bring down the price of petrol which is more important than this they're fighting over

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by Eniolohunda: 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2023
WealthyNigerian:
Kyari's reappointment, well deserved.
-By Chukwudi Obiefe.

I was deeply involved in the Bola Tinubu Campaign since 2020 till February 2023, I was involved personally, collectively, politically, spiritually, and financially. I know the actual workings of that deadly period backstabbing politics. The casualties were numerous, from Adams Oshiomole to Tanko Almakura, from Nuhu Ribadu to Femi Gbajabiamila among many others. While some escaped the powerful onslaught, some were roughly brutalised against the rules of law. It was unpopular to support Bola Tinubu among the powerful people between 2020 and February 2023. Even those well known 'mentees' of Bola Tinubu retreated and hid their heads during this tribulation but, in fairness, a few of them started to show only after the APC Primary.

The major thing that worked for Tinubu was those Shedrach, Mesaich and Abednego of Burdillion who refused to bow to pressure and supported him in life or in death. Kudos to such people.

Mele Kyari was neither for nor against any Presidential Candidate but after the APC Primary, some powerful evil forces within the government adopted Atiku as their Candidate and vowed to defeat and disgrace Tinubu at all cost! The humiliation they suffered at Eagle Square and their unwillingness to allow power shift are much lighter than their aversion for the Asiwaju of Lagos. ABT, Anybody But Tinubu was the main agenda. Two agencies were penciled down to bring down the government and make Tinubu, a leader of governing party and Candidate of governing party, pay for it. These two agencies were the CBN and NNPC.

It was easier for CBN Governor to be brought into the ABT alliance having committed a sacrilege by being the first CBN Governor ever to run for Presidency while in office. It took President Buhari's intervention to call him to order. CBN was going to confiscate our money but it would lie to us using redomination of naira to stop corruption. Many Nigerians initially believed him until Emefiele collected all our money, emptied all the vaults of commercial banks and shut down the economy. The unseen evil forces largely succeeded on this. Everyone was cursing the ruling party, and by December 2022, the popularity of the APC has entered the ICU. Atiku and the other Ipob loser were happy, clapping for the CBN, urging Nigerians to endure till February 2023, "it is in our best interest" they said. The Tinubu campaign organisation was rattled. Commercial banks were attacked and CBN branches that have all the money were well fortified and harsh forces were on guard. At some point, to aggravate our frustration, CBN said it has burnt all the money collected. Nigerians were using cash at bank to purchase cash at hand!

No other Country has ever witnessed such, Naira was being used to buy not Dollar or a foreign Currency but Naira! Many Nigerians died of hunger and in Hospitals being satanically starved of their hard-earned Money! Never in long History of Nigeria has such wickedness being witnessed till Emefiele treated Nigerians as being less than animals. NLC was only watching, no action!

The second agency was NNPC but the unseen cabal wasn't totally successful here. They got a green light from some marketers who are stooges of these unseen evil forces and also, affiliates of Labour. But unlike CBN, NNPC Filling Stations were selling fuel 24 hours a day, they were not using teargas on Nigerians. The queue was crazily long but the service was uninterrupted! The queue was caused by the conspiracy of petrol matketers. The Cabal was not pleased with Kyari, they expected total confiscation as done by CBN but Kyari took charge of what he could control and left the rest for posterity. While Emefiele was saying he burnt the money, Kyari kept on saying that the petrol in our reserves is enough for us till after election. Some junk media under the influence of these evil forces started attacking Kyari while hailing Emefiele. WE SAW EVERYTHING.

TINUBU, in Abeokuta, had to disassociate himself from the wicked policies of the government and vowed to fight on with assurances that victory is certain!

I know and saw that Mele Kyari did his best under the wicked circumstance he found himself. He was standing against forces bigger than him and in case Atiku had won, he would be the scapegoat.
I'm happy Kyari survived it!

Now, it is convenient for anyone to attack him especially those who want his current position. Bola Ahmed Tinubu is not a small politician, he knows the game so well and he will never see white and call it black. Kyari's reappointment was personally done by him because he understands the situation perfectly and most importantly, he knows Kyari will deliver on the renewed hope agenda, he knows Kyari will always choose professionalism far above bitter politics when it matters most.

Congratulations Mele Kyari, the GCEO of NNPC. Like Nysome Wike will say, you jump am pass!

Good day to all Progressives only.....
GOD Bless Nigeria and all genuine Nigeria-loving Nigerians!

SOURCE: https://www.nairaland.com/7925792/mele-kyaris-reappointment-nnpc-md

The Criminal in the guy is far more than Nigerians have heard before. Knowing fully well that he would get kickback Percentages from all them, Emefiele has Future-disbursed (November 30th, 2023) unbelievable Billions from Nigerians Budget, signed and sent to Senate for Approval.

Like if you can guess what Buhari was telling Tinubu in this picture:

I like your write up, I can't guess what Buhari was saying.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by yemi1504: 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2023
blamingthedevil:
Supreme Court has ruled that old and new notes will co -exist as legal tender until further notice.

https://nairametrics.com/2023/11/29/old-naira-notes-to-remain-legal-tender-until-further-notice-supreme-court-rules/#:~:text=The%20Nigeria%20Supreme%20Court%20ruled,notes%20to%20December%2031%2C%202023.

Great news! The Supreme Court gave Nigerians a Christmas gift this time around.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by yemi1504: 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2023
Zerooffence:
Thank GOD for that

Abi

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by emmyN(m): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2023
MrSundry:
Emefiele just punished Nigerians for nothing. Law of Karma is already dealing with him grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XfR6VbKjmE

It was Emefiele that was Nigeria's president at the time?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by Eniolohunda: 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2023
Successlane:
Assuming, the erstwhile CBN governor (Emefiele) were to be an Hausa/Fulani muslim,

guess what would have been the reaction of those from that tribe that hate this tribe/religion so, so much.

I no mention name o

Meanwhile, they are the one crying for him now. I no mention name too.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by emmyN(m): 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
Vision101:
@Fredmatic
Quiz of the year

@me
It's common when a nation is transiting to a new design. There was a time two series of dollar was in circulation.

Everything about Nigeria you guys condemn as if they will give you award for it.

It is always for a definite period, not indefinitely as the rubber-stamp supreme court has ruled. Use your head. angry

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by Eniolohunda: 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2023
Vision101:
@Fredmatic
Quiz of the year

@me

Up till now if you have old dollars, American never reject their currency. I live in America, so not that anyone told me this.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender by MrSundry: 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2023
emmyN:

It was Emefiele that was Nigeria's president at the time?

Keep justifying rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market / Online Vs Offline Store: Who Is Winning The Retail War? / Ecobank Asks FBN To Reject Otudeko’s Share Acquisition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.