Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ (10574 Views)

5 Nigerians Who Have Played Under Peseiro / NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach / AFCON 2019: Baxter Quits As South Africa Coach After Flop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by robosky02(m): 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2023
‘Nigeria wants to qualify’– Coach Pitsomane eyes Jose Peseiro’s job

Jose Peseiro has faced a lot of criticism in the Nigerian football community following his team’s recent dismal performances

Former Al Ahly manager, Pitso Mosimane, expressed his desire to coach a national team, highlighting his admiration for the Super Eagles of Nigeria, Soccernet.ng reports.

Renowned for his successful stints at Al Ahly and Mamelodi Sundowns, Mosimane has previously been linked with coaching the Nigerian national team.

In a recent interview with the South African Football Journalists Association (SAFJA), he praised Nigeria and indicated his aspiration to lead a team to the World Cup.

The former Bafana Bafana manager assessed the Super Eagles’ lineup, acknowledging the talents within the squad.

“To be honest, I would like to coach in the World Cup. I do not choose what comes, I would like to go to the World Cup. South Africa wants to qualify, Nigeria wants to qualify,

“If you have Chukuweze and the boy playing for Napoli as your striker, I mean really. That Nigerian team is unbelievable.” he said.

Commenting on Nigeria’s recent performances in the World Cup qualifiers, Mosimane expressed concern about potential interference affecting the team’s dynamics.

“I saw the draw against Lesotho and Zimbabwe. Okay, it’s football, it happens. But how can politics between the government and the federation derail the team?” he questioned.

Looking ahead, with Nigeria scheduled to face South Africa in the next World Cup qualification tie in 2024, Mosimane expressed his desire for a victory for his country but acknowledged Nigeria’s strength.

“Of course, I want South Africa to win because I am South African. But in reality, I think Nigeria has the team, man,” he stated.

Amid growing discontent towards Peseiro due to Nigeria’s disappointing performances, speculation about potential replacements has surfaced.

Mosimane, whose name is among those rumored for the role, indirectly hinted at his interest in managing the Super Eagles and leading them to the World Cup.

“I really would like to go to the World Cup, but it must be a good team that can compete,” he emphasized.

As the Super Eagles prepare for the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations after securing their qualification, anticipation builds for their quest to claim a fourth AFCON trophy.

https://soccernet.ng/2023/11/nigeria-wants-to-qualify-coach-pitsomane-eyes-jose-peseiros-job.html/amp

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by Seunny1: 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2023
The monent tinubu was caught looking helpless, see video below

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by BigBlackPreek(m): 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2023
From Lars Lagerback to Ganit Rohr and to Jose Peseiro and now this one self wan come cashout from Nigeria, na him turn nau ...... 😂 😂 😂

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by tobadex1(m): 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2023
See this one , na there dem dey see una

1 Like

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by mogbeyiteren: 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2023
Them dey find meat for soup, kpomo dey show himself

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by slivertongue: 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2023
clash of interest with SA

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by GanagiBitrus: 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
It is finished... smiley

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by ecolime(m): 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
Seems many people no sabi this guy

He was very successful as Former Al Ahly & Mamelodi Sundowns manager. He is one of the best African coaches around.

He is a great coach for our team but NFF go stain his white oo

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by Resetinc: 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
Haa
Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by jubrilELsudan: 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
THUNDER FIRE YOU

GOD FORBID

HE WAN CARRY HIM SOUTH AFRICAN BAD LUCK CUM HERE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by aolaotan(m): 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
Lol, so this is what we have reduced to? sigh

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by Wealthoptulent(m): 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
robosky02:

Jose Peseiro has faced a lot of criticism in the Nigerian football community following his team’s recent dismal performances

Former Al Ahly manager, Pitso Mosimane, expressed his desire to coach a national team, highlighting his admiration for the Super Eagles of Nigeria, Soccernet.ng reports.

Renowned for his successful stints at Al Ahly and Mamelodi Sundowns, Mosimane has previously been linked with coaching the Nigerian national team.

In a recent interview with the South African Football Journalists Association (SAFJA), he praised Nigeria and indicated his aspiration to lead a team to the World Cup.

The former Bafana Bafana manager assessed the Super Eagles’ lineup, acknowledging the talents within the squad.

“To be honest, I would like to coach in the World Cup. I do not choose what comes, I would like to go to the World Cup. South Africa wants to qualify, Nigeria wants to qualify,

“If you have Chukuweze and the boy playing for Napoli as your striker, I mean really. That Nigerian team is unbelievable.” he said.

Commenting on Nigeria’s recent performances in the World Cup qualifiers, Mosimane expressed concern about potential interference affecting the team’s dynamics.

“I saw the draw against Lesotho and Zimbabwe. Okay, it’s football, it happens. But how can politics between the government and the federation derail the team?” he questioned.

Looking ahead, with Nigeria scheduled to face South Africa in the next World Cup qualification tie in 2024, Mosimane expressed his desire for a victory for his country but acknowledged Nigeria’s strength.

“Of course, I want South Africa to win because I am South African. But in reality, I think Nigeria has the team, man,” he stated.

Amid growing discontent towards Peseiro due to Nigeria’s disappointing performances, speculation about potential replacements has surfaced.

Mosimane, whose name is among those rumored for the role, indirectly hinted at his interest in managing the Super Eagles and leading them to the World Cup.

“I really would like to go to the World Cup, but it must be a good team that can compete,” he emphasized.

As the Super Eagles prepare for the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations after securing their qualification, anticipation builds for their quest to claim a fourth AFCON trophy.

https://soccernet.ng/2023/11/nigeria-wants-to-qualify-coach-pitsomane-eyes-jose-peseiros-job.html/amp
We don coach them bfr?
Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by 42n8dzydoo(m): 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
Our current coach needs to shift his mentality from Foreign based talents to more of home-based talents. Those guys are more hungry for glory that the current crop of players we have.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by Bigloaf: 4:20pm On Nov 29, 2023
Well, come and try.
Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by BigDawsNet: 4:20pm On Nov 29, 2023
When we are ready we will offer Okocha and Kanu Nigeria seniors team job...

We need people with experience
People that knows and understand our own people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by robosky02(m): 4:20pm On Nov 29, 2023
Pitso Mosimaneis. Is certainly among the finest coach in Africa

He learned a lot from Keshi and took is game outside South Africa to Egypt and did very well winning back to back champions league with Al Ahly

He is not just seating down waiting for a job in South Africa

I want the top coaches in Nigeria to do same
Go out to other African countries like Keshi and Emmanuel Amunike has done

Make a name and NFF will beg for you instead of waiting for only Nigerias' job

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by Inobeyourmate: 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2023
Pitso is a very good coach, the numbers are there to prove his quality, man has being there for Sundowns, even Al Alhi, if you are current with football, yi will know pitso is really a good coach

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by Resetinc: 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2023
For the first time I don’t know the name of our national team coach, even after reading this article I still don’t know him 😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by STEWpid(f): 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2023
Chai..

How does it reduce the cost of garri in the market

Shior!

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by darexolu16(m): 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2023
robosky02:

Make then just give him a chance biko

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by Omoawoke: 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2023
An art of war.

South Africa want to infiltrate our team to knock us out. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by stanisbaratheon: 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2023
dey play! By the time NFF owe you one year salary your eyes go clear grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by BOSSkesh(m): 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2023
No no no no no no
Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by sucess001(m): 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2023
The best coach in Africa by a mile. We better go for him.

5 Likes

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by ablejesus26(m): 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2023
Chia this one eyes sef dey the gigantic national cake grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by porthouse7(f): 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2023
Werey wan set us up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by Kharol1234: 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2023
Good coach but naija NFF no go allow the man work.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
mogbeyiteren:
Them dey find meat for soup, kpomo dey show himself
That guy is possibly the best club coach in Africa.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Coach Pitsomane Eyes Peseiro’s Job..says.nigeria Wants To Qualify’ by Careente7(m): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2023
aolaotan:
Lol, so this is what we have reduced to? sigh
Rediced to ,how? Elaborate .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WORLD CUP SPECIAL(back to back winnings already)5odds daily for pay after win / Week 29 Pool Fixtures For Sat 21 Jan 2023 – UK 2022/2023 / Withdraw DSS From NFF Secretariat: Group Begs Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.