Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,438 members, 7,850,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:14 AM

I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me (1804 Views)

I Regret Going To The University / Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? / 6 Celebrities Who Regret Going For Plastic Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by Karleb(m): 5:34pm On Nov 30, 2023
13 years after graduation you are still a cry baby, blaming your parents.

You better take hold of your life before 40 knack.
Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by ictplotter(m): 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2023
University education is over rated and a total waste of time. University Education gives Award why skills gives you reward. In life Reward pay bills not Award. If you want to be wealthy, don't be a graduate.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by Airlord2030: 6:31pm On Nov 30, 2023
You don't need a university degree to make it in life.
that is what most nigerians are ignorant about
Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by PARADIZEPRIEST: 7:31pm On Nov 30, 2023
Ammmy:
I'm about to start a petty trading that people who haven't seen the 4 walls of university or even secondary school do. When I was 16 and finished secondary school, I got a job and was seeing some small change. My parents told me to start preparing for jamb. I never had interest in going to University. I told them I'm not interested in going to school. That I want to just continue working and get married. They called me all sorts of names like mumu, dondy, goat etc. It's like I foresaw my future. It's been 13 years since I graduated and yet nothing to show for it. No graduate job no nothing. I see people at the bustop doing petty trading and making their money with ease but I can't join them. The thought of being a graduate keeps holding me down. I would have been more richer and even married to a better man by now. What has school done for me? Nothing! Absolutely nothing!
you lack knowledge,if school past through you,you go learn a skill and work till you find your dream job or raise money,govt loans to trade and excel.School is the best,if not why are you here?where the nairaland owner is a programmed who graduated and opened this forum where you are talking gibberish.Go and get a mentor,and stop vasilating boy. This advice also goes to all ignoramus grads like you in Nigeria,annoying people with nonsense noiseangry
Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by michlins(m): 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2023
Our parents thought Nigeria was still their time when education was paying. Things has changed
Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by soundOsonic: 9:07pm On Nov 30, 2023
Ammmy:
I'm about to start a petty trading that people who haven't seen the 4 walls of university or even secondary school do. When I was 16 and finished secondary school, I got a job and was seeing some small change. My parents told me to start preparing for jamb. I never had interest in going to University. I told them I'm not interested in going to school. That I want to just continue working and get married. They called me all sorts of names like mumu, dondy, goat etc. It's like I foresaw my future. It's been 13 years since I graduated and yet nothing to show for it. No graduate job no nothing. I see people at the bustop doing petty trading and making their money with ease but I can't join them. The thought of being a graduate keeps holding me down. I would have been more richer and even married to a better man by now. What has school done for me? Nothing! Absolutely nothing!
Let's be logical, now that you have finished school, you don't need the certificate now, do what you would have done if you don't have certificate, it's so simple.
It's not about blaming your parents, they did the right thing, I know it's easy to blame people for what is happening, but the blame is still on yourself.
Don't give up, try and start something it's not a must you must use your certificate, you got exposure use it
Re: I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me by ReignsR: 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2023
Ammmy:
exactly! I perfectly knew how to read and write. I was very brilliant in secondary school. Didn't see any need to go to another school again called university. My parents were just hoping that I will get a good job after school and take care of them
School is now overated in Nigeria. All is well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Secondary School Peeps: Holla Here / Benue State University Post Ume Is Out / Bsn- Otta Versus Unilag Versus Lbs Versus Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.