Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Coping After A Major Setback - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Coping After A Major Setback (7368 Views)

How Are You Coping With Your Salary In This Economy / Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coping After A Major Setback by Ballotelle(m): 4:24am On Nov 30, 2023
Good day house, has any experienced job loss unexpectedly as a graduate and how did you cope during that period expecially when you have a family (labourer jobs are not even easy to come by), how did you cope with rejection, the emotional effect

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by Lance008(m): 6:18am On Nov 30, 2023
He hard to be honest but hard time must fly away when you look for another opportunity

5 Likes

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by HRprof: 6:30am On Nov 30, 2023
Ballotelle:
Good day house, has any experienced job loss unexpectedly as a graduate and how did you cope during that period expecially when you have a family (labourer jobs are not even easy to come by), how did you cope with rejection, the emotional effect

Is not easy but you shall overcome !
As employees we should have plan B because your employer can hire and fire you at anytime but when you have plan B you fallback to it the emotional impact will not be much on you.

Solutions
Keep applying for job online
Update your CV
Update your LinkedIn profile
Pray and keep hope alive

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by 1TrippleCee: 6:58am On Nov 30, 2023
Ballotelle:

Pele.

Whats your age range

What are your major skills ??

1 Like

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by JASONjnr(m): 7:03am On Nov 30, 2023
Take a good sleep for a day. And rest your mind.

Then get your CVs ready and begin to apply.

Note, waiting for a call back or having sad moments won't return your job.

And when you earn another job. Try to save money.

Alternatively, you should learn a skill. And be self-employed.

Preferably, I will say, instead of looking for a job, learn any skill of your choice. And give yourself years from now and you'll be happy you did.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by 27yo(m): 11:16am On Nov 30, 2023
smiley

It’s really tough honestly
Same applies to an entrepreneur.

I’m currently into transportation business and honestly I wake up and I just wish I’ll vanish.

I’ve totally lost interest in everything

9 Likes

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by LUAN(m): 11:16am On Nov 30, 2023
Op, it has never been easy for me, I cried all night and blame in everything that' happen to me, not only did I lost my job last, I fail two good Job interview just 10 months interval, one was November last year, another one This year September, with good salary expectation of More than 300k, I cried all night, I can't console myself, I don't really know where got it wrong. My IQ is zero, I doubt my intelligent, I wish I never attended school. I wish I could just died because I can't face the shame, because I have disappointed my family, and my friend, I'm now a failure after graduating with 2'1. No job, no achievement, I don't even know what to do to myself anymore

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by boldsleek: 11:17am On Nov 30, 2023
The one big question I ask myself when suffering setback...,

Do I have any other choice than to be strong and keep moving?

The above questions does it for me till things falls in place again .

I hate wallowing is self-pity.

I can break down and cry to let it all out when alone, but, I surely pick myself back again.

If I don't pick myself up .., who will do it for me? Nobody.

Poster, you will be fine Las Las.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by AzaHub(f): 11:20am On Nov 30, 2023
Ballotelle:
Fall back on something you truly love. And if lucky, that thing could fetch money

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by ATEAMS: 11:20am On Nov 30, 2023
When you give your heart away, you usually get it back in pieces, fragments. And often, a great deal of time passes before you realize that every piece wasn’t returned to you—and probably never will be. You crave nothing more than to get those small—but vital—fragments back; to return to the unbroken, undamaged version of yourself. But what’s been broken cannot be unbroken, and so all you can do is learn to live with the void of the missing pieces, to somehow find beauty in the wreckage.

2 Likes

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by fitzk: 11:26am On Nov 30, 2023
T
Re: Coping After A Major Setback by fitzk: 11:26am On Nov 30, 2023
Ballotelle:

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by BucketMan: 11:27am On Nov 30, 2023
Drugs, Alcohol or Pussy.

I usually go with drugs so choose wisely.

1 Like

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by atobs4real(m): 11:28am On Nov 30, 2023
Very hard to survive such.
Without losing hope, things will change for good.
But not easy at all
Re: Coping After A Major Setback by 6ixVille: 11:28am On Nov 30, 2023
Joy is coming brother, pls hold on
LUAN:
Op, it has never been easy for me, I cried all night and blame in everything that' happen to me, not only did I lost my job last, I fail two good Job interview just 10 months interval, one was November last year, another one This year September, with good salary expectation of More than 300k, I cried all night, I can't console myself, I don't really know where got it wrong. My IQ is zero, I doubt my intelligent, I wish I never attended school. I wish I could just died because I can't face the shame, because I have disappointed my family, and my friend, I'm now a failure after graduating with 2'1. No job, no achievement, I don't even know what to do to myself anymore
Re: Coping After A Major Setback by Oboto700(m): 11:29am On Nov 30, 2023
We have many goats here advicing the op than real humans... what's skill? What skill are now telling a graduate to learn pls answer...
The tech world is saturated already

Noting works in this country except if you have talent and money to push it. Op if you can sing... get some gadgets and start doing covers...if you can't then keep looking for another job.. the skill they are asking u to learn...is the skill free? Mtcheww goats

4 Likes

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by MakeWeTalk: 11:31am On Nov 30, 2023
Ballotelle:
Life first & health next.
No be person wey dey alive & healthy dey work?
So appreciate those 1st, then look for more.

The only thing better than life & health na salvation from Jesus, unless ur a head slammer then I sorry for you.
Re: Coping After A Major Setback by Omoapena(m): 11:36am On Nov 30, 2023
Ballotelle:

It wasn't easy.

I've had major setbacks in my life and at that moment, I was weak and depressed, but, I started off somewhere back to gain my feet and thankfully, I'm getting back on my feet...

1 Like

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by RentedReality(m): 11:36am On Nov 30, 2023
Ballotelle:

The secret is to treat job applications like a game of numbers. The more applications and interviews you go for, the higher your chances. Never romanticise any opportunity. Once you finish the interview, don't start imagining working there. Simply leave it and focus on your next application. Remember, good things come unexpectedly. This mindset has made me more resilient and has worked for many people I shared it with. Just do your best and forget about it, and you will be surprised when your offer letter lands in your inbox 📥

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by bestman09(m): 11:37am On Nov 30, 2023
Not easy at all. When you wake up in the morning and look at the kids and your wife and knowing that you can't provide food even for the day, you feel like a complete failure.

12 Likes

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by Resetinc: 11:39am On Nov 30, 2023
So many self-pity comments above …

So many weak souls … lamenting because they thing they have not lived up to societal norms/ standards….. shame!!!

The greatest gift on earth is Breath
You people won’t realize until you take your last..

there is no competition in destiny.. and there is nobody to impress. Be happy and appreciate life .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by Nice2023(m): 11:39am On Nov 30, 2023
LUAN:

Pls,don't kill yourself.
Education is good but it shouldnt hold the key to ur success nor survival.

All u need is a capital and the earlier u get it,the better for u.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by Wealthoptulent(m): 11:43am On Nov 30, 2023
Ballotelle:
Re: Coping After A Major Setback by Pennywise2: 11:51am On Nov 30, 2023
Please to avoid looking for jobs, learn simple jobs. Like poultry or fishing. It helps avoid too much crying because of no job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by yomzy4cool(m): 11:52am On Nov 30, 2023
LUAN:

Oga, u better calm down and don’t kill yourself with over thinking . Crying and sobbing won’t solve any problem. Be strong and believe in ur self and don’t forget that better days are coming. Cheer up man

5 Likes

Re: Coping After A Major Setback by Kaido: 11:53am On Nov 30, 2023
My rent is due.

It has been tough.

After submitting my CV online, I've had about over 3 interviews, but nothing yet.

I hope the Universe remembers me soon.
Re: Coping After A Major Setback by Helpfromabove1(m): 11:58am On Nov 30, 2023
This is a national question

All Nigerian just suffered a setback with the dollar floating and subsidy removal on petrol

So just simple ask how are Nigerian coping after subsidy is gone and dollars at above 1000 naira

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Logistics And Supply Chain Management / FRSC Board Promotes 20 Officers / Here’s How To Deal With Annoying Co-workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.