Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April (12164 Views)

Over 91 Million Bank Accounts At Risk Of Deactivation As CBN's BVN/NIN Deadline / Naira Crisis: Banks Fear Heighten As Customers Shun Cash Deposit / CBN Threatens To Sanction BVN Violators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by money121(m): 6:35am On Dec 02, 2023
Loabatan
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by na2016: 6:38am On Dec 02, 2023
Abalado:
I don't understand o,are we going to add NIN to the BVN again ni,pls can someone explain to me,,is it bvn plus NIN?

It is BVN and NIN, so there maybe crowd. If the banks are proactive, they would just allow people to link thier NIN through Thier various bank apps. That way, there won't be any crowd at the banks.

1 Like

Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by trudpo: 6:38am On Dec 02, 2023
For tier 1 accounts, it's primarily BVN but if NIN is available, no problem but for Tier 2 and 3 accounts, both BVN are NIN are required
Abalado:
I don't understand o,are we going to add NIN to the BVN again ni,pls can someone explain to me,,is it bvn plus NIN?

2 Likes

Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by TheBillyonaire: 6:42am On Dec 02, 2023
CBN and Federal Government are more confused than can be imagined.

NIN should replace BVN, it is nonsensical to keep punishing citizens. Harmonize the numbers and stop this nonsense. Why would these mor0ns use strong languages on people who willingly give them money to hold. If the customers unite and pull out their funds, the banks would collapse.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by Zooposki(f): 6:47am On Dec 02, 2023
trudpo:
For tier 1 accounts, it's primarily BVN but if NIN is available, no problem but for Tier 2 and 3 accounts, both BVN are NIN are required

I have Tier 3 accounts with just my BVN but I opened them awhile ago with my drivers license, utility bill etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by CaptainFM1: 6:49am On Dec 02, 2023
Many people don't want to be tracked that's why they don't want to get NIN & BVN. Especially scammers, fraudsters, kidnappers, bandits and terrorists.

Government should extend this NIN to all form of personal identification documents including birth certificate and academic records of every Nigerians.

Once a child is born, he should be issued a "limited-access-NIN" immediately. Such NIN should not be suitable for bank account openings or Sim registration unless the guardian/parent counter activate it with his/her own NIN for safety/security reasons OR when the child turns 12! to self activate for his personal use.

Such NIN should be renewed every 5years due to physical change/growth of the child until she is 18. As he/she meets every constitutional requirements the NIN should give complete access. i.e the NIN should activate/open for he/she to contest for Representative in parliament or Member of the States' House of Assembly when he/she turns 25. 30 to be a State Governor/Senator, 35 to be President/Vice President.

All these should be automatically on the NIN. Every major records including NYSC service and Prison sentencing should be stored on the NIN.

Imagine a jail breaker from Kaduna trying to get a job in Ibadan where his/her virtual NIN can flag him off!

Imagine all these fake politicians that manufactured certificates or falsified their age!

Imagine underage showing up at polling booth!

Imagine dubious people trying to sell a scam business to you while you can run a summary check on them through NIMC!

Imagine ATM machine automatically asking credit cards pilferer to input their very own NIN upon detecting retina that's different from that of the card owner!

Imagine Landlords being able to profile tenants and vice versa via a portal that previous landlords/tenants have reported/posted a review of the vNIN and accessible from NIMC!

The list/advantages of NIN and/or BVN cannot be exhausted.

4 Likes

Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by depure(m): 6:50am On Dec 02, 2023
Damidave1124:
So there are people still banking with thses commercial banks without BVN?

We were made to queue in the sun for long in 2015/2016 just to enrol for this BVN.

They are the one scamming up and down
This country issues plenty people in power doesn't take things serious
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by Administration1: 6:54am On Dec 02, 2023
iHateFraudsters:
E no dey hard for Nigerians to panic.

They'll probably forget that it's not easy for the CBN to just tamper with people's money like that.

What of those Nigerians in diaspora?

Do you expect them to come back just to update their BVN?

If you relocated to the abroad, the Bleep you're still doing with a Naira account. Except you're part of those who are fleecing this country by still being employed here.

1 Like

Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by adioolayi(m): 7:04am On Dec 02, 2023
I think commercial banks are culprits here..

By now, it's unbelievable we still have people operating accounts without BVN...how

No wonder we still have scammers...the banks are the ones encouraging fraud.. sincerely!

Banks accomodating this kind of thing should be heavily sanctioned!!!
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by iHateFraudsters: 7:09am On Dec 02, 2023
Administration1:

If you relocated to the abroad, the Bleep you're still doing with a Naira account. Except you're part of those who are fleecing this country by still being employed here.

And who the hell told you I relocated abroad?
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by ChengHun(m): 7:21am On Dec 02, 2023
Zico4real:
Is it even possible to open account without BVN and NIN
Yes, you can receive 50k per transaction and have a cumulative balance of 300k in your account without bvn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by Dtruthspeaker: 7:24am On Dec 02, 2023
See! Ole!

Post no debit

Why are they taking the credit if they won't give it's debit?

The owner of the account will still come if he needs the account.'

Oleee!Thieves. Both cbn and co. Thieves.

O Lord please come and let all these rubbish burn.
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by israelmao(m): 7:38am On Dec 02, 2023
Why are some accounts still functional without BVN still now I suspect banks' collusion with customers.
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by franugo(m): 7:39am On Dec 02, 2023
Abalado:

They are 4 valid ID types in the banking sector. I'm pretty sure it's only BVN that's compulsory. Also, there's different tiers of accounts, tiers 1 and 2 don't require any valid ID card to function.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by franugo(m): 7:39am On Dec 02, 2023
israelmao:
Why are some accounts still functional without BVN still now I suspect banks' collusion with customers.

Everything looks like collusion to you people.
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by lukui: 7:40am On Dec 02, 2023
I know many fat bank accounts without bvn
Just do paddy paddy with the manager and you will be cashing out everyday

The law is for the poor people

Na poor man EFCC dey catch

Last last EFCC too go collect him share!

Welcome to Nigeria!
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by franugo(m): 7:41am On Dec 02, 2023
Administration1:

That's a very warped mindset you have there....so if I relocate abroad today, all my Nigerian assets will suddenly cease to exist?

1 Like

Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by franugo(m): 7:44am On Dec 02, 2023
trudpo:

NIN or any other valid ID card is needed for tier 3 accounts only. Tier 2 accounts use non valid ID like lga certificate, work ID etc
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by HopeSpencer: 7:44am On Dec 02, 2023
Kobicove:

How is Nigeria a disaster?

Because government is taking steps to reduce financial crimes, terrorist funding and corruption by government officials?! undecided

You and government are not serious. The government is especially useless. With all noise about BVN and NIN, should we still have accounts not linked to BVN?

Terrorists never finish una. Nonsense.
I got to know about opening account number without BVN 3 months ago. I was owing one online loan app. They reported my account to loan recovery agency. But I needed to receive like 2k from someone. I tried opening an account with Opay without submitting BVN and it was opened immediately.

Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by franugo(m): 7:45am On Dec 02, 2023
Emma1Oj:
I feel it will be so unfair to deny people their hard earn money this festive period that the economy is hard.

They shld suspend this denier of ban till next year because we can't be restless when we are supposed to be at peace that our cash in the bank.

Pls try to read the op before rushing to comment
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by luckybliss: 7:45am On Dec 02, 2023
Nigerian banks are one of the most fraudulent institutions so far, just imagine that some people are still operating an account without BVN and NIM

1 Like

Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by Starhearts: 7:48am On Dec 02, 2023
Abalado:

If u don get bvn b4 ... no wahala 4 u again...

Is either bvn or nin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by Starhearts: 7:50am On Dec 02, 2023
Kenneth4u205:
Is it both BVN and NIN or any of the two ?

Any of d two

1 Like

Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by Naz34(m): 7:50am On Dec 02, 2023
iHateFraudsters:
E no dey hard for Nigerians to panic.

They'll probably forget that it's not easy for the CBN to just tamper with people's money like that.

What of those Nigerians in diaspora?

Do you expect them to come back just to update their BVN?
if you like no do the one wey concern you. Dey there dey blame govt. Shey una no dey hear word for this country. Na unless una dey oyibo land na then una dey fit hear word.
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by AntiChristian: 7:51am On Dec 02, 2023
angry
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by Naz34(m): 7:53am On Dec 02, 2023
TooNoisy:

I am sure CBN will still grant an extension.

Thats the more reason why people in Naija behave the way they do. If na their heavenly oyibo land . Those ones go freeze all their money after notice and nothing them go fit do
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by princemillla(m): 7:58am On Dec 02, 2023
Emma1Oj:
I feel it will be so unfair to deny people their hard earn money this festive period that the economy is hard.

They shld suspend this denier of ban till next year because we can't be restless when we are supposed to be at peace that our cash in the bank.

Learn to read pls.
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by Soukiss(m): 8:09am On Dec 02, 2023
Na this one go make dollars come down?mumu govt
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by SirLakes: 8:17am On Dec 02, 2023
People still dey operate account without BVN??

Nigeria Banks are crooks

Those accounts that doesn't have BVN and are still working are used for fraudulent activities.....if I be CBN governor, all the monies in them will be seized grin grin grin
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by Badonasty(m): 8:17am On Dec 02, 2023
Lol…so till now some people are still running accounts without BVN?…we’ll surely get it right in this country one day sha
Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by Elinosweet143(f): 8:20am On Dec 02, 2023
Would this whole NIN and BVN thing reduce the hunger rate, would it help curb unemployment and reduce the inflation rate? Since I rush even paid 5k to get my NIN slip, what has it added to me as a Nigerian? They are too quick to sanction the common man. Person when dey reason how e wan take chop come dey face ban from bank say because him no get NIN or BVN....hmmm that one na die now.this is me just talking from a layman's perspective

1 Like

Re: Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April by bizzibodi(m): 8:21am On Dec 02, 2023
Can people still open bank account without bvn?what is d essence of this bvn,nin sef has it stopped massive looting & money laundering going on?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corporate Affairs Commission Public Database / What's The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger(book) Balance? / Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.