Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Please I Need Your Advice My Business Is Crashing - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please I Need Your Advice My Business Is Crashing (404 Views)

I Really Need Advice My People / Two Jobs I Will Advice My Children Against. / Pharmacy Students Pls I Need Your Advice Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Advice My Business Is Crashing by Sammyikechi: 10:10am On Dec 04, 2023
Good morning Narialanders, My name is Samuel, and I'm confused,
I am currently 20 years and a 300 level student of Architecture in a State University in the east, I have made up my mind to Make Money in a pure way.
But of recent a business which has been a major source of income for my Family that has help my civil servant Parents train my siblings and I through secondary school, and now university, is not going too well
The business is an event business, we are into Decorations of all kinds of events, catering services, and Cakes, and other pastries,
My mom has developed this business for like all her life as a married woman, infact she single handed organized her wedding,
Here is the issue, in the past 18 months, we have invested over 1 million naira into this business but not seeing returns yet, reason being we that we are very undercharged, I'm not saying we don't go for jobs, we do but at a very little rate, if we don't accept our costumers charge, believe me there are people who are ready to do it at cheaper rate, but there job is not as standard as ours. and when I check what your are bringing, compared to what the are price the want it for, I just accept it so atleast I still have something at hand, but as time goes on i get discouraged,
I have studied what these companies on Instagram do, and have tried to raise our standard close to thier's, in a way.
For Over 3 years, I have tried to upgrade all aspects of the business, I went for a refresh course in Port-harcourt, where I paid some amount of money which was heavy on our side, for the cake aspect.
While we also went into flowers, lights, new stages, grass rugs, amongst others to step the game in decor.
Sometimes I would go for events and find companies from others areas coming in to do exactly what I can do, but they are willing to pay them hug amount, but not us, the price is and be like, "is it not just to decorate canopies, and stage" it is very discouraging,
Ohh sorry I did not mention, it stay in OKIGWE, a town in imo state, I often hear people when I go for outside Jobs, saying, "are you sure you are from okigwe" because of how standard our works are.
Most times I think about leaving this town, but this is where we already have a name, we have a shelter but business is not encouraging, at all. we have stopped investing for now, as it tired funds down,
I open for advice and business talk, here is my WhatsApp line, 09031744228,
we cover cover events around South East and some part of South South.
I'm very open for advice

Re: Please I Need Your Advice My Business Is Crashing by dawnomike(m): 10:32am On Dec 04, 2023
Sammyikechi:
I am currently 20 years and a 300 level student of Architecture in a State University in the east, I have made up my mind to Make Money in a pure way.
But of recent a business which has been a major source of income for my Family that has help my civil servant Parents train my siblings and I through secondary school, and now university, is not going too well
The business is an event business, we are into Decorations of all kinds of events, catering services, and Cakes, and other pastries,
My mom has developed this business for like all her life as a married woman, infact she single handed organized her wedding,
Here is the issue, in the past 18 months, we have invested over 1 million naira into this business but not seeing returns yet, reason being we that we are very undercharged, I'm not saying we don't go for jobs, we do but at a very little rate, if we don't accept our costumers charge, believe me there are people who are ready to do it at cheaper rate, but there job is not as standard as ours. and when I check what your are bringing, compared to what the are price the want it for, I just accept it so atleast I still have something at hand, but as time goes on i get discouraged,
I have studied what these companies on Instagram do, and have tried to raise our standard close to thier's, in a way.
For Over 3 years, I have tried to upgrade all aspects of the business, I went for a refresh course in Port-harcourt, where I paid some amount of money which was heavy on our side, for the cake aspect.
While we also went into flowers, lights, new stages, grass rugs, amongst others to step the game in decor.
Sometimes I would go for events and find companies from others areas coming in to do exactly what I can do, but they are willing to pay them hug amount, but not us, the price is and be like, "is it not just to decorate canopies, and stage" it is very discouraging,
Ohh sorry I did not mention, it stay in OKIGWE, a town in imo state, I often hear people when I go for outside Jobs, saying, "are you sure you are from okigwe" because of how standard our works are.
Most times I think about leaving this town, but this is where we already have a name, we have a shelter but business is not encouraging, at all. we have stopped investing for now, as it tired funds down,
I'm very open for advice
Try sourcing for clients online, build an Instagram page and grow it!
Okigwe is not so lucrative for such business... you may need to relocate the business after your schooling!!!

Keep at it! It is a good business and don't let the set back deter you

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice My Business Is Crashing by Sammyikechi: 10:39am On Dec 04, 2023
Ok sir, I'm already working on that, thank you sir
Re: Please I Need Your Advice My Business Is Crashing by Sammyikechi: 10:43am On Dec 04, 2023
Sammyikechi:
I'm very open for advice

Re: Please I Need Your Advice My Business Is Crashing by YouandiAllofus: 11:19am On Dec 04, 2023
It is one thing to have a good product and it is another to have a working strategy.
A company with good products that aspires growth, requires a clear cut vision and a convincing image representation to get across to both potential and prospective clients.
I think your business needs a winning marketing strategy!
Re: Please I Need Your Advice My Business Is Crashing by duduade: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2023
These your pictures you attached

Are they yours
I mean from events organized by your business

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice My Business Is Crashing by Sammyikechi: 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2023
duduade:
These your pictures you attached

Are they yours
I mean from events organized by your business

Yes sir, all and even more
Re: Please I Need Your Advice My Business Is Crashing by soccerlite: 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2023
Why did you say your business is crashing?

A event service business for that

Do you want to make millions over night, you didn't factor the economic state in nigeria

Well

Go and join the big boys they will call you every week
Re: Please I Need Your Advice My Business Is Crashing by Oyindamolah: 8:53am On Dec 07, 2023
Do you have presence on social media?
Facebook
Instagram
TikTok
Twitter
Telegram
WhatsApp channel
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Re: Please I Need Your Advice My Business Is Crashing by Abrahamm(m): 10:30am On Dec 07, 2023
Things are not balance generally now, but work on your connection both online and one on one
Re: Please I Need Your Advice My Business Is Crashing by GregoryMa: 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2023
Hey guys! In 2023 native advertising has become a staple in modern marketing. Have you had success stories with platforms like https://www.mgid.com/ ? Discuss the strategies, creative approaches, and metrics that have contributed to your native ad triumphs.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help!!! / The Secrets Of Earning At Least $10000 Monthly / Be The Best You Can Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.