Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,234 members, 7,860,492 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:38 AM

Will 3D Printing Technology Grow In Nigeria? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Will 3D Printing Technology Grow In Nigeria? (161 Views)

Voice Of A 3,000 Years Old Egyptian Priest Mummy Recreated Using 3D Printing / ABOUT 3D PRINTING / HAVE YOU SEEN THE SOYAN 3D PRINTING PEN??? CHECK IT OUT (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will 3D Printing Technology Grow In Nigeria? by rashmi3D: 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2023
I am planning to start 3D printing business in Nigeria.

I also bought my first 3D printer after a lot of struggle. It's not easy to buy 3D printer here to be honest.

The another problem I was facing is to buy Filament for my 3D printer. But I have got the solution to buy PLA filament like this one https://abhi3d.com/pla-filament

Now I am following some guide and have printed few items.

I am still confused, did I make the right decision? Is there any chance people in Nigeria will be interested in buying 3D printed.

Please let me know what you think of this new technology.
Re: Will 3D Printing Technology Grow In Nigeria? by joinnow: 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2023
rashmi3D:
I am planning to start 3D printing business in Nigeria.

I also bought my first 3D printer after a lot of struggle. It's not easy to buy 3D printer here to be honest.

The another problem I was facing is to buy Filament for my 3D printer. But I have got the solution to buy PLA filament like this one https://abhi3d.com/pla-filament

Now I am following some guide and have printed few items.

I am still confused, did I make the right decision? Is there any chance people in Nigeria will be interested in buying 3D printed.

Please let me know what you think of new technology.
Already you have gotten the machine. Which is the wrong way to start a busines.
To start any busines first find the market then
Give the market what they want.
To remedy the situation
Now focus on
One product
One Avarta
One channel
I will give you example latter.
Re: Will 3D Printing Technology Grow In Nigeria? by Brobello: 1:25am On Dec 10, 2023
Well as previously mentioned you did follow the order wrong. To start a business you need to establish a problem people are facing and then come up with a solution that solves that problem for them.

As regards 3D printing. The market is actually growing in Nigeria albeit at a slow pace. But as with most new technologies it’ll pick up pace soon. 3D printing is set to revolutionize manufacturing. It’s no longer restricted to the realm of prototyping but used for actual production. Companies such as GE, Boeing, ford, spaceX, Adidas, Nike and so many others are using 3D printed parts in their products. As a matter of fact the NASA rocket, relativity space Terran 1 launched to space in March was 100% 3D printed.
I do wish our government invests more on emerging technologies such as 3D printing because we stand benefit a lot as country. There is this thing referred to as technology leapfrog that happens when the “big guys (developed economies) had already invested too much in old technology and market forces slows them from adopting a more efficient new technology thus giving room for the little guys (developing countries) to start from the ground up with the new technology and overtake them. A common example used is with the advent of the mobile telecommunications technology.

P.s I created the Nigeria 3D printing Society thread on Nairaland. I hope myself and others will be able to address all problems and challenges beginners will face coming into 3D printing.
Re: Will 3D Printing Technology Grow In Nigeria? by Shobbyxi(m): 10:08pm On Jan 05
I’m looking at buying a 3d Printer. If you can speed me up on what to know, where to get it, Materials needed etc I would really appreciate it. I can source one from US but closer would be better. Looking forward to your reply thanks.
Re: Will 3D Printing Technology Grow In Nigeria? by Brobello: 12:44pm On Jan 19
Well I’m assuming you are new to 3D printing. If so, there are a number of things to consider. What are your objectives for wanting to own a 3D printer ?. How tech savvy are you and whether or not you have interests/hobbies with tinkering things.

3D printers come in various categories. There are professional/Industrial grade machines that costs thousands of dollars and there are the low-end/hobbyist types that sell for few hundred dollars or so.

Generally as a beginner it is advisable to start with a cheap machine and build up from there. However it is worth noting that majority of the hobbyist grade 3D printers are a work in progress meaning they require some sort of tinkering here and there as you go. Nothing difficult by the way. And that is were having interest in tinkering comes in.

But if you happen to be a professional with a specific print/product need then you are going for a high end machine. In that case I’d prefer to purchase from the states or Europe. Mind you you can still get those from China but that’s just my personal preference.

As for materials and supplies. You can order filaments from any good brand you find. Just make sure you read the reviews. Also, it will be good to keep in some handy tools such as wrenches, screw drivers etc.

Good luck and have fun. If anything is unclear you are welcome to ask further questions.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria COVID-19 Tracker App / Engines Decarbonisation / RFID Ticket Vehicle Parking Management System.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.