Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

The Wail Of A Frustrated Soul: "Oh Mr Doorman, I Knock" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Wail Of A Frustrated Soul: "Oh Mr Doorman, I Knock" (93 Views)

NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda / Frustrated Soul like mine / Short Story Of A Frustrated UNIOSUN Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Wail Of A Frustrated Soul: "Oh Mr Doorman, I Knock" by Poetree1x: 7:12am On Dec 06, 2023
THE WAIL OF A FRUSTRATED SOUL: "OH MR DOORMAN, I KNOCK"
Oh Mr Doorman,

Oh ye dreadful
Deliverer and destroyer of souls,
Ye wandereth to and fro
Without leaving your post.

Ye are everywhere,
But nowhere
Near those who need
Freedom for their souls.

Constantly opening the doors
Of Life and Death
To those who seek it not,
Ignoring those who beckon your service.

Oh Mr Doorman,
Men wail at the sound of thy name.
For fear of thy profane power,
They dubbed thee insane.

I knock; oh Mr Doorman,
Seeking the peace at the other side.
Open up at thy own accord
For I fear I might break the door
And end up at the wrong side.
Take me where peace lies
For my soul lusteth release".

https://poetree.ca/post/62da51f3f5816314e62c8756

#temibyz @_that.poet

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dark Yonder / The Carver's Prayer / Ibadan Book Club To Bestow Honors Upon Exemplary Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.