Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,240 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100 (488 Views)

Man Arrested For Killing Friend In Adamawa / Gombe Police Arrest 5 Teenage Girls For ‘Killing’ Friend Over Boyfriend / Kano Court Sentences 25-year-old Man To Death For Killing Friend Over N20 Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100 by Thonyboy: 7:21am On Dec 07, 2023
A Zamfara State High Court has sentenced one Anas Dahiru to death by hanging for killing his friend.

Anas of Unguwar Dallatu area of Gusau, in Zamfara State, was accused of killing his friend, Shamsu Ibrahim with a knife during a dispute over one hundred Naira in 2017.

The presiding justice, Mukhtar Yusha’u said that having listened to both sides, the court was convinced that Anas commited the crime.

Justice Yusha’u sentenced the convict to death by hanging as enshrined in section 221 of the Penal Code.

In another development, the presiding judge also sentenced one Sadiqu Abubakar to life imprisonment for attempted armed robbery in Bungudu Local Government Area of the State.

Sadiqu was convicted for attacking one business man in Runji village, who gallantly arrested and handed him over to the police.

He was sentenced to life imprisonment.

Speaking with newsmen at the court premises, the prosecution, Barrister Mansur Lawal, Assistant Director, Public Prosecution, Zamfara State ministry of justice, said he welcomed the judgment passed by the court.

On his part, the counsel to the two convicts, Barrister Muhammad Ahmad Jamo, who is the coordinator, legal aid council, Zamfara State office, said the judgment would serve as deterrent to others.

He, however, disclosed that they would look at the possibility of appealing the case.

https://.ng/2023/12/07/man-sentenced-to-death-in-zamfara-for-killing-friend-over-n100/

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100 by immortalcrown(m): 7:23am On Dec 07, 2023
This is very saddening. May the deceased soul rest in peace.

I honestly don't want to be tribalistic but there is something about that region. Crime is everywhere but this particular type seems to be peculiar to the region. People in that region can kill for little things like noodles, earphones, ₦50 and et cetera.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100 by JASONjnr(m): 7:24am On Dec 07, 2023
Ordinary 100bucks?

I know a region that I'd easily believe would do this with even lesser amount.

Never knew that a Northerner would do this as well....

Betrayal is fast becoming a national thing....

😎😎😎☺️😊

That region will come for me!☺️☺️☺️
Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100 by money121(m): 7:42am On Dec 07, 2023
All is well
Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100 by LagosG: 7:54am On Dec 07, 2023
Wrong sentencing. They should make him eat 100 naira notes till he dies of mercury poisoning.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100 by Ondoterrorist: 7:57am On Dec 07, 2023
tsdarkside where is your papa?
Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100 by STEWpid(f): 8:26am On Dec 07, 2023
Chai..

Ordinary Hundred Naira that cannot even buy 1 mudu of garri.

Are people still remaining in Zamfara?

Steady killings here and there!!

Our Northern hemisphere has made us to see death news as normal.

Chai..

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100 by ShangTsung000: 9:36am On Dec 07, 2023
Actually they weren't friends.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100 by NoahHadNoArk: 10:38am On Dec 07, 2023
immortalcrown:

I honestly don't want to be tribalistic but there is something about that region. Crime is everywhere but this particular type seems to be peculiar to the region. People in that region can kill for little things like noodles, earphones, ₦50 and et cetera.
Just after saying you don’t want to go tribal you went ahead to do it.

Same as you saying you don’t want to sound like you don’t have sense and going ahead to drop a senseless comment.

These crimes happen everywhere in the Country and people will kill for the smallest reason as a result of anger, poverty, or heat of the moment. Stop showing us how dumb you are by narrowing these crimes down to one region as if people from were you come from do not steal and kill for drugs, sèx, money and land.

My peace I leave you
Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100 by Nice2023(m): 11:08am On Dec 07, 2023
JASONjnr:
Ordinary 100bucks?

I know a region that I'd easily believe would do this with even lesser amount.

Never knew that a Northerner would do this as well....

Betrayal is fast becoming a national thing....

😎😎😎☺️😊

That region will come for me!☺️☺️☺️

Nobody would come for u.

U haven't even lived in the north to know what exactly to say.

See,just keep quiet and stop whipping sentiments for what u don't know.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100 by NaijaCover(m): 12:18pm On Dec 07, 2023
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100 by JASONjnr(m): 12:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
Nice2023:

Nobody would come for u.

U haven't even lived in the north to know what exactly to say.

See,just keep quiet and stop whipping sentiments for what u don't know.

Roast me.....☺️

It's in your blood to betray for a plate of Ewedu and Amala.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100 by Lovemeharder(f): 11:05pm On Dec 07, 2023
What is all these madness for ? May God help us o.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Zamfara For Killing Friend Over N100 by numericalguy(m): 6:00am On Dec 08, 2023
immortalcrown:

You saying you don't want to be tribalistic is a huge lie because you are 100% tribalistic with your statement

You failed to see all the disgusting crimes commited by your region that is disgracing Nigeria at international level.

ASHAWO
cannibalism
otokoto
IPOB
Ritualism
Cultism
baby factories
Kidnapping
incest
Domestic violence
Stealing of babies
UGM

(1) (Reply)

Man Kills Wife For Delaying Cup Of Tea / Her Body Was Stolen From The Mortuary By The Unknown / 147 SOULS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.