Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss (35295 Views)

Multichoice Ignores Court Order, proceeds With DSTV, Gotv subscription Hikes / Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:24pm On Dec 09, 2023
PotatoSalad:
Football channels are the remaining strings holding DStv.
you can stream it too now
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by webizone(m): 3:28pm On Dec 09, 2023
Sensiblerealist:
Analyse please. Sheybe you go still pay Netflix or Amazon prime subscription.
Just one movie on Netflix in my phone dey chop like 2 GB.

When you dey fear for just 2GB per day, it's an indication of serious poverty in an information driven century.

Something wey oyibo dey use play. How can Nigerians ever compete?

Add to that unreliable electrical power or zero power in some places and see that people in that place are in very heavy chains.

I have not even started going in to show how deep the trap is.

Some people will stay pay rent in a new house and inherit the debt of a former occupant, for where darkness dey? That should be thoroughly illegal.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by webizone(m): 3:32pm On Dec 09, 2023
Kukutente23:

Ok.
We can't blame fake or substandard importation here can we Zombies?

Abi o. Una can't afford nothing, yet blame people who import these stuffs.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by stonecoldcafe: 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:
smiley

1.Streaming is eating into Multichoice's profits. An Amazon prime and Netflix cost less than 5000 EACH a month for a package that offers you more than what Multichoice can offer

2.The economy is bad, and not just in Nigeria. Multichoice is struggling even in South Africa. In SA, for example, numbers of Premium subscribers are falling.

Modified : yes I am aware of data cost. Problem is people are porting from DStv premium to streaming.

True. The world over, cable companies are starting to struggle as more and more people port to streaming platforms

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Babathanks(m): 3:42pm On Dec 09, 2023
Topmaike007:
you are not on telegram na

@Whitler19
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Mrfeel: 4:00pm On Dec 09, 2023
Smartdoctor:

Sorry dear. You must elevate from poverty next year. I know you're pained
I have never met a poor nairaland ever since I joined this forum, why are you even mentioning poverty here?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Manmusteat: 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2023
KingAzubuike:

There are several interesting and educative channels like discovery ID, discovery world, Channel, history channel, natgeo etc. I still prefer watching cable TV from my big screen while I lie on the sofa abeg. It makes me feel relaxed

Cc Vicana
Forget about those talking of streaming abeg. Nothing beats true cable TV. Reclined on your couch, you can navigate dozens of amazing channels without the challenge of slow internet, quality issues, limited content etc with streaming, you are mostly limited to movies. But with cable, the variety is limitless from documentaries to sitcom, to sports to news to reality television etc the only thing resembling true cable TV in Nigeria is Dstv, it's just that they are too exploitative and over repetitive on programs, if not, real cable TV is amazing

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Nosagodsonworld: 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2023
😂 GOTV don called me tired from Lagos unto say i abandoned their decoder. How much I dey make per month wey i pay 12,900 for d nonesence wey dem dey show and with no 24hrs light. U nun know me, I press am leave Dem.

Na to buy 12k data i go stream things wey I dey find

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Sensiblerealist: 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2023
You are ill-mannered and uncultured. I really don't have the time to stream and all that. I only posited that even when I can, I see that it takes 2GB in the minimum to stream on my phone without factoring when I connect with the TV. I only wanted to learn more, but you absolutely tanked on your supposed Ivy school of knowledge.
I assume you are one of these up and coming wannabe tech gurus.
I take my posers back and eff you
Thanks

webizone:

When you dey fear for just 2GB per day, it's an indication of serious poverty in an information driven century.

Something wey oyibo dey use play. How can Nigerians ever compete?

Add to that unreliable electrical power or zero power in some places and see that people in that place are in very heavy chains.

I have not even started going in to show how deep the trap is.

Some people will stay pay rent in a new house and inherit the debt of a former occupant, for where darkness dey? That should be thoroughly illegal.

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by oluwamoh: 4:50pm On Dec 09, 2023
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by CavendishPlex: 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
theamazonguru:

Boss please dash me small from your wisdom.

How do I get started if I want to go this route
fiber optic internet and fantastic IPTV servic
Thanks
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by MT: 5:10pm On Dec 09, 2023
RevolverOcelot:
The only reason I watch DStv is football. Other than that I no send DStv. Infact it's more cost effective to buy router & data with your subscription fee and stream anything you want to view.

How do you stream international news channel like - CNN, AL Jazeera, BBC, SkyNews

Any way?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by CavendishPlex: 5:14pm On Dec 09, 2023
theamazonguru:

Boss please dash me small from your wisdom.

How do I get started if I want to go this route
fiber optic internet and fantastic IPTV servic
Thanks

Guru,

For me, I'm lucky to live in an area serviced by FibreOne internet service and so have no business with capped data from the likes of MTN, Airtel & co for all my work and entertainment needs.

And for you to really enjoy IPTV and other streaming entertainment platforms, it's advised you have unlimited Internet access, otherwise it's best you remain with DSTv cos the data usage would discourage you. At my end, I use anywhere between 800GB and 1TB of data which I dare not try with the Y'ello, Red and Green guys. It'll interest you to know that there are people who enjoy unlimited internet access from the likes of Starlink, FibreOne, Broadbased, etc, yet still dash DSTv their hard-earned Naira. Definitely not me.

You'd have to reach me privately in order to point you in the direction of the IPTV Service I use. In addition to the IPTV, I also use other streaming apps like Peacock TV and Sling TV (for Premier League) and Paramount+ for Italian Serie A, Champions League, Europa and Conference Leagues. Mind you, you can always share costs with other people to take care of these other apps I mentioned above if you don't want to do it all alone.

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Pacyrus(m): 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2023
StraightGaay:
Na mumu dey pay for cable Tv
I dey tell you.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Pacyrus(m): 5:45pm On Dec 09, 2023
MrPOTUS:
grin

Dem go soon Japa, lol.

Tinubu will run d country aground,

He's the thief Christ was talking about, that came to kill, steal and destroy.

Leodeking Abi what's that idiot's name, that was commenting on Obi's post, come and comment here.

Your Moniker alone... Scares him to highheaven.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by bigiyaro(m): 5:47pm On Dec 09, 2023
Freestuff....Ng oya come and defend your nonsensical and clueless morafvckers in aso rock abi na as..ss stone sef.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Pacyrus(m): 5:48pm On Dec 09, 2023
ojotobiloba1:

If u pass mine. I have two Dstv dishes but guess worth. I never use am for dstv decorder. I used it for free to air channels airing more Dan 300 stations.na mumu dey sub for dstv truly

Spot on!
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Streetdoctor: 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:
smiley

1.Streaming is eating into Multichoice's profits. An Amazon prime and Netflix cost less than 5000 EACH a month for a package that offers you more than what Multichoice can offer

2.The economy is bad, and not just in Nigeria. Multichoice is struggling even in South Africa. In SA, for example, numbers of Premium subscribers are falling.

Modified : yes I am aware of data cost. Problem is people are porting from DStv premium to streaming.
U go defend so tey, na ur liver go remain
lolssssssss
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Streetdoctor: 5:55pm On Dec 09, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Their problem. I am suprised that people still pay for satellite/cable TV in this era of streaming content.
Some miscreants in Alimosho no even get TV not to talk subscribing for dstv
no bi dem dey cry for hardship
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by nairalanda1(m): 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2023
Streetdoctor:

U go defend so tey, na ur liver go remain
lolssssssss

Okay, saying other economies are bad is defending APC.

Let's look at it this way, Nigeria is supposed to have a better government than other countries. We are not other countries. Our government should do better.

So, if our economy is as bad as other economies, that means APC has messed up and is bad.

Or am I missing something?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by nairalanda1(m): 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2023
Olufemiolaolu:
Exactly, very soon they will be out of business. Useless company reaping where they haven't sown.

Well, I can't predict DSTV's demise yet. Many people still prefer cable, there is no good enough streaming option for EPL matches here yet....and internet is not always good all the time in all places.

But yes, DSTV is in trobule.

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by sameks08(m): 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2023
OvertheTop:

Great,
Let us know the Channels Offered....

EPL Football?
Nigerian Movies?
Action Foreign Movies?
Animal Documentaries?
Cartoon for Kids? So many channels but I'm just interested on sports channels and all this local and foreign news channels. Many channels my dear

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Streetdoctor: 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

Okay, saying other economies are bad is defending APC.

Let's look at it this way, Nigeria is supposed to have a better government than other countries. We are not other countries. Our government should do better.

So, if our economy is as bad as other economies, that means APC has messed up and is bad.

Or am I missing something?
Whenever u are ready for debate on business do let me know. For now Mak una dey enjoy una shege.
Augumenting people are crying around, dis period has being d best period for us doing d business. Do u know how many cartons of augmenting I bought when I started sensing that d company is about leaving naija
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by theamazonguru(m): 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2023
CavendishPlex:

Guru,

For me, I'm lucky to live in an area serviced by FibreOne internet service and so have no business with capped data from the likes of MTN, Airtel & co for all my work and entertainment needs.

And for you to really enjoy IPTV and other streaming entertainment platforms, it's advised you have unlimited Internet access, otherwise it's best you remain with DSTv cos the data usage would discourage you. At my end, I use anywhere between 800GB and 1TB of data which I dare not try with the Y'ello, Red and Green guys. It'll interest you to know that there are people who enjoy unlimited internet access from the likes of Starlink, FibreOne, Broadbased, etc, yet still dash DSTv their hard-earned Naira. Definitely not me.

You'd have to reach me privately in order to point you in the direction of the IPTV Service I use. In addition to the IPTV, I also use other streaming apps like Peacock TV and Sling TV (for Premier League) and Paramount+ for Italian Serie A, Champions League, Europa and Conference Leagues. Mind you, you can always share costs with other people to take care of these other apps I mentioned above if you don't want to do it all alone.

Wow.
Thanks for this elaborate and useful response.
It makes Sense.

Will DM you
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by sameks08(m): 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2023
onomeabuja:

Ok I'm in kaduna....n I need it
. I don't know if it working there but you can go to their website to know
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by sameks08(m): 6:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
akpumping7720:

Thanks for the info bro.
I just chatted with their customer care on WhatsApp. I was given their sales reps addresses in Lagos.
. OK you can as well tell others
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by nairalanda1(m): 6:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
Streetdoctor:

Whenever u are ready for debate on business do let me know. For now Mak una dey enjoy una shege.
Augumenting people are crying around, dis period has being d best period for us doing d business. Do u know how many cartons of augmenting I bought when I started sensing that d company is about leaving naija

Okay....but then again, APC is not running the country well, are they? No.

Good evening. You guys are strange. Me, I no support APC. I even wish that APC and PDP got voted out in the last election self. But because I do not think exactly like you think, I am an APC supporter.

Anyway, that's how Nairalanders think. Some of you jokes think I back tinubu, some think I back Obi, some think I back Atiku....and it makes me laff.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Evestar200(f): 6:03pm On Dec 09, 2023
DSTV increases their prices in almost every country they are not only Nigeria.

They even had issues with the Malawi government due to the price increment and they were told to leave the country if they insisted on increasing the Subscription packages.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by onomeabuja: 6:04pm On Dec 09, 2023
sameks08:
. I don't know if it working there but you can go to their website to know
Ok pls Thier website let me click thanks
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by akpumping7720(m): 6:06pm On Dec 09, 2023
sameks08:
. OK you can as well tell others
I will bro. I just pray that they don't pack up like TSTV and HITV. I love their packages as stated on their website.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Streetdoctor: 6:08pm On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

Okay....but then again, APC is not running the country well, are they? No.

Good evening. You guys are strange. Me, I no support APC. I even wish that APC and PDP got voted out in the last election self. But because I do not think exactly like you think, I am an APC supporter.

Anyway, that's how Nairalanders think. Some of you jokes think I back tinubu, some think I back Obi, some think I back Atiku....and it makes me laff.
I don't fucking care, my concern my business and other brands to hoard before they leave. If useless ronu like Mak dem dey Clapp for useless Tinubu, is not my concern. D funny ting is that motu dem go dey cum dey beg u for medical assistance
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by nairalanda1(m): 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2023
Streetdoctor:

I don't fucking care, my concern my business and other brands to hoard before they leave. If useless ronu like Mak dem dey Clapp for useless Tinubu, is not my concern. D funny ting is that motu dem go dey cum dey beg u for medical assistance

K.

Don't let the ronu beetles get you down.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

BBNaija: The Messages Ebuka Got From Mother And Daughter / BeIN Network Says It Has No Agreement Or Deal With Any Nigerian Organization / Bbnaija: Meet The 5 Newest Housemates (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.