Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,156 members, 7,829,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome (58694 Views)

What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam / What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House / #FufuChallenge: Fufu And Egusi Soup Is Trending Worldwide! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Mirasteel: 5:29pm On Jan 10
How many times will this grace the frontpage?

1 Like

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by djon78(m): 5:38pm On Jan 10
Rexymania:
25 euros? Man that's a lot of money

Comparing it to the minimum wage over there it's nothing

Mind you it's where People go to eat out once in a while

They still do home cooking which is cheaper

1 Like

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by regenerateman(m): 5:39pm On Jan 10
Nice seeing you eating Nigerian food abroad. Don't call yourself a poor man. You are a rcihman instead.
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Ebubu: 5:40pm On Jan 10
naijamanyoutube:
I arrived Rome on Wednesday from Helsinki, Finland.

The first day, I met up with an old friend from Uruguay, that I've not seen for over 20 years. He's been living in Italy for almost
20 years after him japa from Uruguay, for greener pasture.

On Thursday, I was craving some Naija food, so I searched on google and I found this spot called Afrik Cavour Kitchen.

Below are some photos. The food was delicious. The total came up to 25 euros because I asked for an extra pounded yam, but then I gave them 5 euros tip, because they were nice people. I would give more, but I'm a poor man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqqNdltFiNI

Hello, please can I dm you? I’m a registered exporter at Mega Orium Ventures (MOV).

I’d like to export more egusi, and other Nigerian dishes to that restaurant for your delight and pleasure.

Restaurant will pay after receiving the package at their doorstep and inspecting, can I dm you boss?
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:45pm On Jan 10
CollectMoney:

I did the conversion to Naira. You spent roughly N30k. Wow.
Hehehe 🤣😂😂😂

I keep saying it, majority are really suffering for naija and it is no longer funny anymore

The salary that they are paying has been eroded by hyperinflation and left the way it is. Every other price have sky rocketed to the roof.

The truth is that the official salary people are collecting in this naija is now obsolete as in antiquated. Imagine spending 80% of salary on just food alone in a month. These days nothing like disposable income exists anymore. Note I am talking official legit salary. Not looted or embezzled funds.

That is why recent appointee was looting as if the whole world is about to come to an end.

1 Like

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by LagosG: 5:47pm On Jan 10
naijamanyoutube:
Some of the other things on their menu.
I guess as they dey Italy, nobody cared to correct that they spelt steak wrongly
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by horgarzer(m): 5:47pm On Jan 10
Eating the odogwu way, blessed up bro. More blessing
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Iqtest: 5:47pm On Jan 10
Your pidgin eh grin grin grin
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by BabaRamota1980: 5:51pm On Jan 10
Bro, did you say 25euros? I no see ponmo inside the egusi. No abodi, no panla. Na beef full plate. By Nigerian standard this restaurant don fail hand. This na oyinbo dish. grin grin

My brother, God keep you safe on your trips around the globe. ...and becareful, keep your gaze down, men are in deficit, women all over the world are desperate to find a keeper. Dont let them use cosmetics to bamboozle and hook you. grin grin

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Emman08: 5:51pm On Jan 10
This eguisi na albino but at all at all..

The joy I felt when I found eguisi in Leicester
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by CollectMoney: 5:54pm On Jan 10
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Hehehe 🤣😂😂😂

I keep saying it, majority are really suffering for naija and it is no longer funny anymore

The salary that they are paying has been eroded by hyperinflation and left the way it is. Every other price have sky rocketed to the roof.

The truth is that the official salary people are collecting in this naija is now obsolete as in antiquated. Imagine spending 80% of salary on just food alone in a month. These days nothing like disposable income exists anymore. Note I am talking official legit salary. Not looted or embezzled funds.

That is why recent appointee was looting as if the whole world is about to come to an end.

No be small thing. Some months back, someone in UK posted the groceries he got with less than £10. In Nigeria those groceries pass N15k.

I swear, inflation fit kill person for Nigeria. We can only hope for Betta. (Pun Intended) grin

2 Likes

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by sslcrypt: 5:55pm On Jan 10
Reflect7:

SHUT UP, IDIOT.

25 Euros is a hefty sum even in Europe. You think you are the only person who knows Europe?

Inferiority complex dunce.

Without Nigeria educating your dumbass will you be able to type your insult against the country?

Animal.

In that Europe and even in Rome there are white men and women begging on the streets for even half a Euro, and many homeless beggars and pickpockets everywhere, so stop painting it to be what it is not.

Slave mentality freak.

Why are you so pained? Because you realized how stupid you are and was instantly checked on your stupidity 😂😂😂😂.
Not everyone is poor and retched as you and your generations. Off course there are poor people everywhere but that's the conversation. He can afford so he's Free to spend as he wants, your poor and useless self can hang from a tree. Do us a favor of also adding those worthless things you brought to the world also. Ode
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Ezmans: 6:01pm On Jan 10
tolugar:

Was just passing in front of the place one day and someone called me and said "Caio we sell Nigerian foods". And I've been patronizing them since.

But At termini there are other Nigerian restaurant there that you can get between €5-€10 and banter with the home boys
foods are very cheap in Europe
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by BRATISLAVA: 6:07pm On Jan 10
Wonder how this would smell.
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by SPAMBOX7: 6:07pm On Jan 10
Don't call it pounded yam if it's not pounded

2 Likes

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Treasure17(m): 6:27pm On Jan 10
Omenlon:
not us, say you.
Mtcheeew
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by ThunderFireAgba: 6:49pm On Jan 10
Biola67:

1 poor man spotted. I know say more go still show face
Drop your Instagram account, if you get money pass me I will send you money equivalent to AU$100 in naira RN.
Show me your car,your crib in Nigeria and where you live outside the country.
Ịdịot, na foòls like you this orangutan dey deceive based on say he dey outside Nigeria. People like us wey get Resident permit for Aussie no dey make noise.
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Probz(m): 6:53pm On Jan 10
Rexymania:

Is it?
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Biola67: 6:58pm On Jan 10
ThunderFireAgba:

Drop your Instagram account, if you get money pass me I will send you money equivalent to AU$100 in naira RN.
Show me your car,your crib in Nigeria and where you live outside the country.
Ịdịot, na foòls like you this orangutan dey deceive based on say he dey outside Nigeria. People like us wey get Resident permit for Aussie no dey make noise.
You and your papa no get shi shi. Very poor dark man

1 Like

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by ayandee: 7:01pm On Jan 10
wiseone28:
Omo how person dey spend him whole life throttling around the world

You do pass Ajala the traveller
Op is living the dream. Not a lot of people get that privilege in their lifetime.

1 Like

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by ThunderFireAgba: 7:03pm On Jan 10
Biola67:

You and your papa no get shi shi. Very poor dark man
Son of a bastărd. You will die miserably,
Tell your family to quote me after you die of hunger so I can send you the $100 I promise. Educated illiterate.
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Biola67: 7:06pm On Jan 10
ThunderFireAgba:

I’m a son of a bastărd. I will die miserably,
Tell your family to send me money so I won’t die of hunger. .
Na you go die miserable death. Oloriburuku Omo jati jati Ikeji Aja lasan lasan. Weyrey wey no get passport ddy talk say e get Aussie permanent resident. Person wey no even sabi where airport dey
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by farady(m): 7:31pm On Jan 10
Nice combo.

Actually search for a Nigerian restaurant in Venice but no see.
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Sleekfingers: 7:37pm On Jan 10
Rexymania:

A lot of money in Nigeria
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by ThunderFireAgba: 7:39pm On Jan 10
Biola67:

Na you go die miserable death. Oloriburuku Omo jati jati Ikeji Aja lasan lasan. Weyrey wey no get passport ddy talk say e get Aussie permanent resident. Person wey no even sabi where airport dey
You wan make I send you pictures? cheesy cheesy
Ode! You go die miserably in your father's bedroom 2room apartment.
Son of a pig 🐖 🐷🐷
I'm living my best life which non of your family members not even the ones yet to come can enjoy. wink
Sorry o, poverty is boldly written in your family DNA.
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Sleekfingers: 7:42pm On Jan 10
Erickymania:
With that Naija Malta Guinness? I smell foul

Naija malta Guinness, maktina, Beta malt are sold in African stores in Europe.
You smell nothing.
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Biola67: 7:44pm On Jan 10
ThunderFireAgba:

You wan make I send you pictures? I’m suffering pls help me
I’ll die miserably in my father's self contain apartment.
My father is a pig 🐖 🐷🐷
I'm not living my best life right now .
poverty is boldly written in my family DNA.
No wonder
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Johnn87: 7:44pm On Jan 10
Nice ambience

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by ibinaboonline: 7:52pm On Jan 10
The place seem empty. Hope they get customers.
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by ThunderFireAgba: 7:54pm On Jan 10
Biola67:

No wonder
Generational poverty curse is really affecting your family. Look for a spiritualist to deliver your family from it so you can stop licking arse on social media because of egusi soup of €25.
The difference BTW you and the owner of this post is that he just escaped poverty and its getting into his head. While you, is currently swimming in poverty grin grin not knowing when and where to get out.

Not everyone you see on social media likes to show off, some of us are low key watching without making noise, while some who recently had the means to travel like to shove it in people's face.
Keep licking arse, Gay arse licker grin
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Ugonna5500(m): 8:13pm On Jan 10
What a coincidence, I was exactly at that restaurant and at the same spot spot you sat just a few weeks ago on December 7 when I visited Rome. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Ogalanyachieze: 8:18pm On Jan 10
naijamanyoutube:
I arrived Rome on Wednesday from Helsinki, Finland.

The first day, I met up with an old friend from Uruguay, that I've not seen for over 20 years. He's been living in Italy for almost
20 years after him japa from Uruguay, for greener pasture.

On Thursday, I was craving some Naija food, so I searched on google and I found this spot called Afrik Cavour Kitchen.

Below are some photos. The food was delicious. The total came up to 25 euros because I asked for an extra pounded yam, but then I gave them 5 euros tip, because they were nice people. I would give more, but I'm a poor man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqqNdltFiNI
Poor man for italy? No make me Vex o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg / Four Days Without Meat, God Blessed Me With Monitor Lizard Meat (Photos) / Man Shares The Mouthwatering Food A Lady Missed After She Turned Him Down (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.