Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,999 members, 7,828,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Ekiti Youth Parliament 4th Assembly Engaged In A Progressive Meeting With Fida - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ekiti Youth Parliament 4th Assembly Engaged In A Progressive Meeting With Fida (359 Views)

Nollywood actress Iheme Nancy : i had engaged in party in the past. / Kebbi First Lady Wins FIDA Outstanding Award On International Women's Day / Download Nans Aluta Gyration Album From 1st To 4th Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Youth Parliament 4th Assembly Engaged In A Progressive Meeting With Fida by adebanji261: 5:40pm On Dec 11, 2023
EKITI YOUTH PARLIAMENT 4TH ASSEMBLY DEPUTY SPEAKER AND HONORABLE REPRESENTING OYE CONSTITUENCY II, ALONGSIDE HONORABLES REPRESENTING IKERE CONSTITUENCY I AND EKITI SOUTHWEST I, ENGAGED IN A PROGRESSIVE MEETING WITH THE INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF WOMEN LAWYERS NIGERIA, EKITI STATE CHAPTER - DEC 11TH, 2023

Mrs. Oyinade Olatunbosun, the Chairperson of FIDA, Ekiti State Chapter, warmly welcomed the members of the Ekiti Youth Parliament, 4th Assembly, extending congratulations on their recent inauguration.

During the meeting, The honorables were warmly received by the FIDA EKITI team, and FIDA's accomplishments were outlined.

The Deputy Speaker of the Ekiti State Youth Parliament; Agbaje Oluwadamilola made enquiries about FIDA programs tailored toward young people, and the FIDA team discussed the inauguration of student chapters at tertiary institutions such as EKSU and FUOYE.

Honorable Omotayo Oluwadunsin, representing Ikere Constituency I, suggested expanding outreach beyond law-related institutions, mentioning BOUESTI in Ikere Ekiti and the College of Health Sciences in Ijero Ekiti. The Chairperson committed to addressing this and sensitizing these institutions about FIDA.

The Honorable members addressed challenges faced by women in Ekiti, particularly discrimination against pregnant students. They urged youths to stand against sexual violence targeting women in various tertiary institutions.

The parliamentarians were charged to leverage social media for the state's development, emphasizing its potential for positive impact.

The FIDA team also promised to continually support Ekiti Youth, and reiterated that their doors are always open for Ekiti Youth.

(1) (Reply)

Need Password For Account / Most Parts Of Borno Now Occupied By Boko Haram- Ssg Cries Out / NFF CRISIS: Sports Minister, Danagogo Bans Maigari From Glass House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.