Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,200 members, 7,811,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks (24147 Views)

Corpers Pay ‘Thank You’ Visit To Buhari Over N33,000 NYSC Allowance (Photos) / Corps Member Participating In Election To Receive N35,000 – NYSC / Happy Corpers Chanting "Sai Baba! APC!" As NYSC Allowance Is Increased To N50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by tollyboy5(m): 10:13am On Dec 12, 2023
Williamssheks:
Hahaha... I do not totally agree with you though. Most people get the best experience from it aside the financially paralyzed structure.

Let's hope that things in the system gets better sooner.
If it should not be scrapped then enjoy your 30k in peace.

3 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by ednut1(m): 10:13am On Dec 12, 2023
Paying tithe from NYSC allowance is pure madness. Allowance is not salary

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Caesar25: 10:17am On Dec 12, 2023
Na d tithe side I no come understand.
OP clear me abeg because man wey get vomit for mouth no de blow fire.
Daalu

2 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by RepoMan007: 10:19am On Dec 12, 2023
that's $27.

9k allowee ten years ago was $55. We don't spend dollar but using the stability of dollar to gauge hardship level irrespective of naira volume at hand, that 33k or 100k means nothing if after printing money and paying corpers more they can't afford what they used to.

4 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by stanbright(m): 10:23am On Dec 12, 2023
keemsleek:

Really lol some of us got 7500 during our time and I did enjoy serving in Imo state. Nysc is not for salary but to have a feel of other cultures and I have the best time of my life in imo state, every loving and caring people. NYSC will not be scrapped.
Shut up
Can you compare the economy then and now?
Why do graduates talk like illiterate

4 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by blowjohn(m): 10:23am On Dec 12, 2023
Why be say corpers dey like trek?
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:23am On Dec 12, 2023
Your breakdown doesn't work because some ppa are not paying kobol during my time in Rivers State and up till now , so base everything on Federal government allowance

2 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by TheRedpillguy: 10:25am On Dec 12, 2023
Lost me at the tights, from there , I did not read further. The CM is not serious.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by chicoMX(m): 10:26am On Dec 12, 2023
When I saw #45k I wanted to attack you. But u will still add. Over 50% of Corp members earn #33k. Many of them are posted to villages, where they don't pay Corp members.

2 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Fxwarrior: 10:27am On Dec 12, 2023
Have you heard of Jesus corper? NCCF and other fellowships do have corpers lodge. You pay a token monthly of as small as #5000 for two times feeding plus accomodation which often comes with power and water supply.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by shox(m): 10:29am On Dec 12, 2023
The op is unreasonable with what he quoted as cm monthly spending. They use x2 or x3 of that. Most of the time with parent support

300 for morning food and you wan dey chop akara? Na only akara you go chop for morning?
Even 300 akara sef, E BE THINGS O

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by akyus(m): 10:30am On Dec 12, 2023
Xwizard:
Agreed
But NYSC should just be scrapped, na waste of funds and time
Some people went to school just because they want to wear that uniform, snap and paste all around social media. Scrap it and many will not see any benefit of going to school.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by 07kjb: 10:31am On Dec 12, 2023
You exaggerated it by benching it at #50k,70% of PPAs don't pay,the remaining that pays owes them

When you go to market with that 33k u will just pity them

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by 07kjb: 10:33am On Dec 12, 2023
Fxwarrior:
Have you heard of Jesus corper? NCCF and other fellowships do have corpers lodge. You pay a token monthly of as small as #5000 for two times feeding plus accomodation which often comes with power and water supply.

That's suffering eating food without substance for a whole year in the name of I want to safe,PRAY MAKE YOU NO DIE OF MALNUTRITION

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Rinoxy: 10:36am On Dec 12, 2023
I served in 2011, the 19800 started with my set in camp. Paid 3k in RCCF corpers lodge monthly for daily breakfast and dinner. Coca-Cola where I served gave us a sumptuous lunch daily with a monthly pay of 7500 for corpers then. I saved. At the end of my service I was the only corper that was retained. Sweet service year I had, thank GOD

5 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by nedekid: 10:39am On Dec 12, 2023
Then when you finish the nysc, how
much will you expect to be paid?
Seems this copper is living in dreamland.
Reality will soon dawn on him.
We weh na ₦1050 nysc allawii, with 1k salary for place of primary assignment ie secondary school.
As they say, nysc na national service or sacrifice?

2 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by ShangTsung000: 10:41am On Dec 12, 2023
Starboytwo:
Tithe for wetin undecided infact if tithe see me him go pay.

First, if allawee enter, na to minus 10k pay Blessing(life saver) the provisions store girl who gat us. I'm a Lannister, I always pay debt.

The rest fizzle out after about 4-5 days. Pepper soup, Arizona, beer, Abacha and Subscription then we fall back to Blessings shop. (God bless that babe).

Theres something about being broke together in a group(group of 4) we give ourselves inspiration.

Up your game fam. Buy a bag of Canadian and come thank me later. Leave Arizona now.
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by ShangTsung000: 10:45am On Dec 12, 2023
tremilatre:
You earn 33k and you feel its wise to give a tenth of it to your pastor or priest (cos that is what it is) who is way better off than you, I'm sorry that is crass ignorance. People should be wise with the times. Even bible said in Prov 22:16, if you give to the rich, you will come to poverty. Wisdom is profitable to instruct. If you carry church for head, you will be the ones bible was referring to in the phrase: " the poor will always be among you".
I also expect corps members and students alike to live as a community, cook together to save cost. Its not a year to spread your wings and go after babes who are saving their money while you do the heavy lifting.

At the end of the day,the pastor had #4500,while the so called church goers had #1050.
Shame on you fanatics.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Facidio: 10:45am On Dec 12, 2023
In as much as I am of the opinion that NYSC is a total waste of someone's 1 year in life and the entire program should either be scrapped or reorganised and reoriented,

While I was serving, I did everything u listed apart from paying TP to work cos my PPA was trek able and I only Attended CDs ones in a month our Allowee then was 18,200 plus 5k from my PPA,.... I was still saving 10k every month from my total of 23,200. Mind you I was eating well.
So proper management matters alot

2 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by 07kjb: 10:48am On Dec 12, 2023
nedekid:
Then when you finish the nysc, how
much will you expect to be paid?
Seems this copper is living in dreamland.
Reality will soon dawn on him.
We weh na ₦1050 nysc allawii, with 1k salary for place of primary assignment ie secondary school.
As they say, nysc na national service or sacrifice?

U compare inflation too stop being unpatriotic
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Lanretoye(m): 10:49am On Dec 12, 2023
You wanto earn 200k as a corper,dont worry,reality will soon reason you.you of una will jump on 60k 7 till 9 job after service.

2 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Focusmind: 10:51am On Dec 12, 2023
Nigerian pastors don use tithing brainwashed Nigerians. We keep paying tithe, keeping to the religious rules, yet, iniquity and impunity rules supreme in our society. I am a highly dedicated and committed Christian o. Nevertheless, use my senses to worship and follow my Christian doctrines. I am a humanitarian to the core and so, I am not short of or found wanting in giving to the poor so that we don't enter into unnecessary arguments of not given.

3 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:54am On Dec 12, 2023
Fxwarrior:

The rules there alone can kill you, no wearing of shorts, armless.

Prayers every day 5:00 AM evening as well. Plus prayer chain and unecessary unecessary activities like that.

Omoh!

2 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:54am On Dec 12, 2023
Facidio:
In as much as I am of the opinion that NYSC is a total waste of someone's 1 year in life and the entire program should either be scrapped or reorganised and reoriented,

While I was serving, I did everything u listed apart from paying TP to work cos my PPA was trek able and I only Attended CDs ones in a month our Allowee then was 18,200 plus 5k from my PPA,.... I was still saving 10k every month from my total of 23,200. Mind you I was eating well.
So proper management matters alot

How were you eating well please?

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by ucheuzor1(m): 11:00am On Dec 12, 2023
So many spelling mistakes in your write-up. I think as a graduate, spelling should be the least of your problems.

Know when to use the correct spelling. I come in peace.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by DanielsParker(m): 11:02am On Dec 12, 2023
I survived on 19,800 from federal government
9,800 from Akwa ibom state government.

I saved about 150k at the end of my service year.
Proper management matters. Mind you I wasn’t spending on any female corper, I didn’t buy new cloths.

My 150k helped me sustain myself before I got something doing. Also it helped me with transportation fares to and fro interview I went for interstate.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by GoodRocks: 11:04am On Dec 12, 2023
Williamssheks:
Nah, the system has become worst and bad that even development seems to be hard and insignificantly felt.

That's exactly what we're saying. Since the system is worst and bad, dude NYSC should be scrapped ASAP. It has since outlived its usefulness. It's a complete waste of time, energy and resources.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by GoodRocks: 11:08am On Dec 12, 2023
gassbee:
mission impossible

Which one is mission impossible?

All it takes is for one senator in NA to introduce the motion that NYSC should be scrapped. And then debates comes in, if majority of the senators agreed to it, then Dude it'll be scrapped immediately. So what exactly is the mission impossible there?

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by NICOGRAVITY: 11:10am On Dec 12, 2023
Scrap NYSC? Noooooòoo.
My experience and memories are still fresh even after 20 years of service.
I'm Igbo, born and lived in the west, and did my NYSC in Samaru, Zaria Kaduna State.
It was my first time of drinking Fura di Nunu, Shagalinku Yoghurt.
I met the most amazing people ever, enjoyed the culture shock, cheap food, and a beautiful weather.

3 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Fxwarrior: 11:12am On Dec 12, 2023
07kjb:

That's suffering eating food without substance for a whole year in the name of I want to safe,PRAY MAKE YOU NO DIE OF MALNUTRITION

This is clearly not true. Their food is very okay.

Much better than camp food.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Fxwarrior: 11:14am On Dec 12, 2023
Eastcoastboy:

The rules there alone can kill you, no wearing of shorts, armless.

Prayers every day 5:00 AM evening as well. Plus prayer chain and unecessary unecessary activities like that.

Omoh!

The rules are not out of place unless you're not a Christian.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corper Critically Sick In Sokoto NYSC Camp / My NYSC Year Experiences In The Northern Nigeria / Lost And Found NYSC Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.