Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Pls I Need Advice B4 I Make This Purchase - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Pls I Need Advice B4 I Make This Purchase (981 Views)

Hurry B4 I Change My Mind:high Definition Camcorder For Sale. N57,500 / I Need Advice On Buying A Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Advice B4 I Make This Purchase by skintom77: 6:38pm On Sep 15, 2007
hello nairalanders.
pls for the computer gurus in the house I need your advice

I have a client who wants to sell a brand new desk top computer to me and enclosed herewith below are the complete features of the computer,price and mode of payment.

FEATURES.
Pentium 4(P4) with intel processor
80GB hard disk
512 MB DDR memories
52x/56x CD rom
1.44 floppy drive with 15'' LCD monitor
multimedia keyboard and scroll mouse with speakers
CD/DVDwriter
UPS 600va
HP coloured deskjet printer and tiger TG 950 generating set
The total cost is 145k and payment is spread over 6months with 20% initial payment before goods are released
pls advise me if the desktop is a good buy using the features mentioned above
thanks
Re: Pls I Need Advice B4 I Make This Purchase by exago(m): 10:43pm On Sep 15, 2007
The configuration is okay if you basically need it for home use and if the price includes the generating set as well as the printer.

You can always reconfigure or upgrade if the use differs though I know the system spec are okay and recent.
Re: Pls I Need Advice B4 I Make This Purchase by texazzpete(m): 8:41am On Sep 16, 2007
@skintom77
The System specs are NOT up-to-date, and it isn't really a good deal for 145k.
Pentium 4s are old news, get a Core 2 Duo processor, Dual core is the thing these days. Also 80GB is shockingly anaemic these days. You should have at least 120 - 160GB. Personally if i was getting a desktop system i will not settle for anything less than 200GB. Dunno how much they are in Naija, but i've seen 200GB HDDs for 89 euros in the Netherlands.
512 MB RAM is worthless. Don't you plan to run Vista on it someday? Or at least run demanding apps and games?

Don't be deceived by the printer, UPS and Gen.
Generator = 10k
600VA UPS = 6500
Printer = 6500

total cost of the 'deal sweeteners' is 23k, meaning you buy this POS system for 122k.

Assemble a vastly more impressive system by yourself!
Re: Pls I Need Advice B4 I Make This Purchase by earthrealm(m): 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2007
its not such a good deal, with about 90k i can configure a vastly superior pc with 15 inch flat screen monitor, gen is 10k n printer 8k ups 6 / 7k, giving u 115k total, unless u dont have the hard cash available, if u do i advise u to go to otigba/computer village, u will even get it lower!!!
Re: Pls I Need Advice B4 I Make This Purchase by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Sep 16, 2007
I believe you can get the same config for about $600 if you really wanted to get it. I mean sure the pay over 6 months is good too, but I would not pay that much if I were in your shoes.

The configuration below is far better than the one you are looking at buying and this cost about $650

Intel®Pentium® dual-core processor E2140 (1MB L2,1.60GHz,800 FSB)

Genuine Windows Vista® Home BasicMemory

1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs 1GB62
Keyboard and Mouse Bundles Dell USB Keyboard and Dell Optical USB Mouse EKOM

Monitor 17 inch ViewSonic VA1703wb LCD Monitor VS17WI

Video Cards Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 IV

Hard Drives 160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™ 160S

Floppy Drive and Media Reader No Floppy Drive Included NFD
Mouse Mouse included with Keyboard purchase

Network Interface Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
IN
Modem and Wireless 56K PCI Data Fax Modem DFAX

Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 8.1 AAREAD

Optical Drive 48X CDRW/DVD Combo Drive 48COMBO

Sound Cards Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio IS

Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed) Microsoft Works 8.
DOES NOT INCLUDE MS WORD DWRK
Security Software No Security Subscription (30-day trial) VNSNOR
Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options 1Yr In-Home Service, Parts + Labor, 24x7 Phone Support
Internet Access Service 6 Months of America Online Membership Included AOLDHS
Digital Media Editing Software Yahoo! Music Jukebox - Music Player SEP
Miscellaneous Award Winning Service and Support 530K01
Dell Digital Entertainment No Entertainment software pre-installed NODE
Labels Windows Vista™ Basic
DataSafe Online Backup Free 3GB DataSafe Online Backup for 1 Year

KoboJunkie
Re: Pls I Need Advice B4 I Make This Purchase by earthrealm(m): 11:40am On Sep 17, 2007
@kobojunkie,
well i like the spec of ur system,
sell it to me,
hit me up onYIM, if u are interested
Re: Pls I Need Advice B4 I Make This Purchase by Kobojunkie: 1:31pm On Sep 17, 2007
earthrealm:

@kobojunkie,
well i like the spec of your system,
sell it to me,
hit me up onYIM, if u are interested

You don't have YIM information filled out on your profile. I mean email me at KoboJunkie@yahoo.com. I bet I need to add this to my profile now.

KoboJunkie

(1) (Reply)

Make Money Building The Inverter / Get Your Imported And Local Inverter And Manual Here At Low Price. / Fairly Used Sony Vaio In Good Condition For Sale!give Away Price(batt. 3hrs+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.