Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,560 members, 7,837,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

I Blew My Wedding Savings On My Gambling Addiction - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / I Blew My Wedding Savings On My Gambling Addiction (257 Views)

A Gambling Addiction Overview / Gambling On Different Parts Of The World / WHO To Classify Video Game Addiction A Disorder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Blew My Wedding Savings On My Gambling Addiction by dododawa1: 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2023
I never told my wife, even after we had fixed a date for the ceremony. I just kept telling her to hold on because money was coming, while using money that I ought to have given her for the preparations to play this game. When I couldn’t deliver on the day of the ceremony, I told her that a customer was owing me. But, I had lost ₦100,000.

Did you win anything with this money?
Yes. I won about ₦40,000 from the first game, then I used all of the winnings to stake in another game, where I won ₦230,000. That was what kept me playing, but I never won after that. Eventually, I just had to stop.

Why did you go on for so long?
Peer pressure. I could stake ₦10 and win about ₦2,400, then someone else would use N1,000 to play that same game and win ₦200,000, prompting me to raise my stake.

And then there was this trend common in the area I stayed. You’d meet a mad man, who would give you random numbers to play and you would win big. That was before it turned into a popular scam to get gamblers to buy things for them. Mad men were lying and making people stake huge sums of money believing it would work.

AHN AHN!! Did these numbers work and did you ever collect numbers from a mad man?
Yes, sometimes it did. During my earlier days of playing I did meet a mad man, but it never worked for me.

Oh wow. If you could give an estimate, how much do you think you lost to gambling?
I’d say over ₦600,000 and my total winning isn’t up to half of that. Sometimes I’d win and end up using all of it to stake another game only to lose it all or win really small.

What’s your biggest lesson from this?
I learnt that gambling can be addictive. There were times when it felt like if I didn’t play in a day, something bad would happen. It can also take a toll on your health. I developed high blood pressure just trying to settle debts and ease the pressure from my wife back when we were still planning the wedding. My advice is to never gamble.

Say no to GAMBLING.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Blew My Wedding Savings On My Gambling Addiction by Bliss62: 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2023
Omo .. betting company dey make madt money
Re: I Blew My Wedding Savings On My Gambling Addiction by woginid967: 3:52pm On Dec 13, 2023
dododawa1:

I never told my wife, even after we had fixed a date for the ceremony. I just kept telling her to hold on because money was coming, while using money that I ought to have given her for the preparations to play this game. When I couldn’t deliver on the day of the ceremony, I told her that a customer was owing me. But, I had lost ₦100,000.

Did you win anything with this money?
Yes. I won about ₦40,000 from the first game, then I used all of the winnings to stake in another game, where I won ₦230,000. That was what kept me playing, but I never won after that. Eventually, I just had to stop.

Why did you go on for so long?
Peer pressure. I could stake ₦10 and win about ₦2,400, then someone else would use N1,000 to play that same game and win ₦200,000, prompting me to raise my stake.

And then there was this trend common in the area I stayed. You’d meet a mad man, who would give you random numbers to play and you would win big. That was before it turned into a popular scam to get gamblers to buy things for them. Mad men were lying and making people stake huge sums of money believing it would work.

AHN AHN!! Did these numbers work and did you ever collect numbers from a mad man?
Yes, sometimes it did. During my earlier days of playing I did meet a mad man, but it never worked for me.

Oh wow. If you could give an estimate, how much do you think you lost to gambling?
I’d say over ₦600,000 and my total winning isn’t up to half of that. Sometimes I’d win and end up using all of it to stake another game only to lose it all or win really small.

What’s your biggest lesson from this?
I learnt that gambling can be addictive. There were times when it felt like if I didn’t play in a day, something bad would happen. It can also take a toll on your health. I developed high blood pressure just trying to settle debts and ease the pressure from my wife back when we were still planning the wedding. My advice is to never gamble.

Say no to GAMBLING.

Addiction to gambling is based on ignorance.

Enter sports trading.

The profit is little but guaranteed without loss.

I have been doing it for years.

Go to YouTube
Search for
Nigerian Arbitrage Tutorial

Watch as many then dump betting, move into Arbitrage and never loose again

1 Like

Re: I Blew My Wedding Savings On My Gambling Addiction by Prigidypogodo(f): 4:00pm On Dec 13, 2023
Bliss62:
Omo .. betting company dey make madt money
yes ooo
my blood you don stake for today
Re: I Blew My Wedding Savings On My Gambling Addiction by Bliss62: 4:01pm On Dec 13, 2023
Prigidypogodo:
yes ooo
my blood you don stake for today

Yes oo, I stake Asthma drugs
Re: I Blew My Wedding Savings On My Gambling Addiction by illicit(m): 4:03pm On Dec 13, 2023
So mad man get sense pass gamblers

Wow
Re: I Blew My Wedding Savings On My Gambling Addiction by havecycle: 4:06pm On Dec 13, 2023
The more you look, the less you see
Re: I Blew My Wedding Savings On My Gambling Addiction by modernWays: 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2023
Greed is the major problem of gamblers. Bet companies are not father Christmas too, they are out there to make money on gullible people. Wise people don't gamble with their money, it is only the ignorant ones with quick money syndrome that does.

1 Like

Re: I Blew My Wedding Savings On My Gambling Addiction by AskProf: 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2023
woginid967:

Enter sports trading.

Go to YouTube
Search for

Deceiver.
Re: I Blew My Wedding Savings On My Gambling Addiction by Johnycastro18: 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2023
grin
Re: I Blew My Wedding Savings On My Gambling Addiction by Bgad: 6:21pm On Dec 13, 2023
woginid967:

Enter sports trading.

Go to YouTube
Search for

But arbitrage betting is pretty much an expensive venture.. it's attractive only to those that already have very huge monetary resources, and also, sustain themselves extensively for months with Just their already available resources...
Re: I Blew My Wedding Savings On My Gambling Addiction by Bgad: 6:36pm On Dec 13, 2023
Lemme tell u this OP..

Sport betting can be very lucrative for any mentally resourceful bettor, but not a gambler...

Gambling is the problem not sport punting or betting.. there are a few people out here that have spent years to learn and understand the situations behind the complex patterns of football/sports outcomes... These are the people you should seek... Not a Mad man... The complex patterns to consistent success in sports betting has long been conquered... Haven't you heard about foreign geniuses like tony bloom, Billy Walters... To name a few bro...

That said, still doesn't mean many sport tipsters out here are legit... Most, if not all of them, are just business folks... Not real sports analytical genius...

If u truly seek for the real geniuses , u will find them...
Re: I Blew My Wedding Savings On My Gambling Addiction by woginid967: 8:30pm On Dec 13, 2023
AskProf:

Deceiver.

E pain am.

I wont stoop low to your level

Evidence is all over the net.

You can go back to your laptop sales and petty hustles... Its for you.
.....but calling me what I'm not only reveals what you are.

May you find a rope that will bring you "peace" someday.
Re: I Blew My Wedding Savings On My Gambling Addiction by woginid967: 8:36pm On Dec 13, 2023
AskProf:

Deceiver.

E pain am.

I wont stoop low to your level

Evidence is all over the net.

You can go back to your laptop sales and petty hustles... Its for you.
.....but calling me what I'm not only reveals what you are. Lol

May you find a rope that will bring you "peace" someday.

(1) (Reply)

Ps4 Slim Low Version 9.0 / PS3 Superslim For Sale / Phantom Zone 2020 Challenge Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.