Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,745 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di (3896 Views)

Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah) / I Love This Part Of Suratul Rahman / Ruling On Using Adhan Or Dhikr As Ringing Tone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by akinsmail51: 6:41am On Dec 14, 2023
Past Scholar, Imam As-S’adi (رحمه اللّٰه) says:

“After research and follow up (in the matter)

I found that the dhikr that is recommended for us to increase in like in the Qur’an and Sunnah, are six forms of dhikr.

The six forms of dhikr I will mention to you are considered to be the spearhead and your deadly weapon in your long battle with worries, sorrows, sadness, diseases and sins.

The first dhikr is sending salutations to the Messenger of Allah (صلى اللّٰه عليه وسلم)

Stick to it all day

You’ll find that at the end of the day you have (gained) lot

The second dhikr is frequent istighfar (seeking of forgiveness)

Allah will then inspire you and help you if you say in your spare time

” أسْتَغْفِرُ الله ” (Astaghfirullah)

(I seek forgiveness from Allah) a lot.

The third dhikr ” يَا ذَا الْجَلاَلِ وَالإِكْرَامِ ” (Ya Dhal-Jalali Wal-Ikram) (Oh Possessor of Majesty & Bounty)

To increase in this dhikr has almost become one of the abandoned Sunnah’s, even though the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) advised us with it

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said

“ Increase with ” يَا ذَا الْجَلاَلِ وَالإِكْرَامِ ”

And ” الظوا ” (The statement used by the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) in the narration) means to increase and to stick to.

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) singled out these two names because they have a great secret.

So ” ذا الجلال ” (Dhal-Jalali) (Oh Possessor of Majesty) means ‘Oh Possessor of Beauty & Perfection & Greatness.’

And ” والإكرام ” (Wal-Ikrami) (& Possessor of Bounty) means ‘Oh Possessor of Offers & Generosity’

If you dive into its meaning, you will find that you are praising and seeking!

Imagine that today you say to Allah hundreds of times ” يا ذا الجلال ” (Ya Dhal-Jalali) (Oh Possessor of Majesty) I am sure Allah will be happy with you

And then for hundreds of times you say ” والإكرام” (Wal-Ikrami) (And oh Possessor of Bounties)

Allah will know your need and will grant (it to) you!

The fourth dhikr is ” لا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله ” (La Hawla Wa La Quwwata illa Billah) (There is no power nor strength except in Allah)

This word was recommended by the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) to many of the companions and he said that it is a treasure of Jannah’s treasures.

If you keep increasing in saying ” لَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللهِ ” (La Hawla Wa La Quwata Ila Billah) (There is no power nor strength except in Allah)

You would see from Allah’s arrangements (in the affairs of His creation) wonders, kindnesses, favors from Allah and (His) grace.

The fifth dhikr

It is the supplication of the Prophet of Allah, Yunus (عليه السلام)

” لَّآ إِلَٰهَ إِلَّآ أَنتَ سُبْحَٰنَكَ إِنِّى كُنتُ مِنَ ٱلظَّٰلِمِينَ”

La illaha illa Anta Subhanaka Ini Kuntu Minadh-Dhalimin

There is none worthy of worship but You, Pure are you, Indeed I was from the transgressors

This dhikr compels sorrows and brings joys.

The sixth dhikr is

” سُبْحَانَ اللهِ، الْحَمْدُ لِلهِ، لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ، اللهُ أَكْبَرُ “

SubhanAllah, Alhamdullilah, La Illaha IllAllah Allah Akbar

Pure is Allah, praise be to Allah, there is no one worthy of worship but Allah, Allah is great

Take this as a base:

The point, benefit and fruit in these forms of dhikr, supplications and treatments are in giving importance, increasing, repeating and reflecting.

According to the extent of your ability in remembering Allah, you will receive the love of Allah.

According to the extent of your seriousness in supplication, the answer will be deducted.

And according to the extent of your repetitions for the treatments provide by the Shar’iah will be your eradication of devils and your expulsion of the toxins of envy.”

Source: ‘Ilmul-‘Aqaid Wat-Tawhid Wal-Akhlaq Wal-Ahkam 47.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by Abdulmumin412(m): 10:01am On Dec 15, 2023
Nice one

3 Likes

Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by elyte89: 10:03am On Dec 15, 2023
Ma sha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by kehnderson(m): 10:06am On Dec 15, 2023
Masha Allah.

2 Likes

Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by Lanre1st(m): 10:06am On Dec 15, 2023
Good

2 Likes

Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by Danmisra(m): 10:40am On Dec 15, 2023
Jazakallahu khairan

2 Likes

Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by Crucialgem(m): 10:43am On Dec 15, 2023
Aside quoting the source book and the scholar plss do well to also qoute the Hadith reference for authenticity

2 Likes

Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by Hash86(m): 11:13am On Dec 15, 2023
Masha Allah

1 Like

Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by KingKO22: 11:15am On Dec 15, 2023
Great insight

But I believe there is no form of Dhikr that's greater than Lailaha Ilalah.

Why did you skipped this in your list.

Even as mentioned in the holy Quran.

Sheidalau Anahu Lailaha Ilalah, Wal malaika, wahulu lihilmi qaima bilqisti Lailaha Ila huwa liazisu liakimu.

Jasaka Lau Arian for this additions too especially the Ya-salijalali walihkram
I can feel it already through the thorough explanation. All are great Dhikr

3 Likes

Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by Oladhips(m): 11:33am On Dec 15, 2023
KingKO22:
Great insight

Same thought here 🙂

Maybe he forgot.. All is well
Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by bash4us(m): 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2023
Maasha Allah
Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by gaskiyamagana: 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2023
Thanks.
Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by MerchantMNT: 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2023
Barakallahu feek.

Alhamdulillahi, I know all of them. I'll repeat more often

1 Like

Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by MerchantMNT: 4:36pm On Dec 15, 2023
KingKO22:
Great insight

Sheidalau Anahu Lailaha Ilalah, Wal malaika, wahulu lihilmi qaima bilqisti Lailaha Ila huwa liazisu liakimu.

Jasaka Lau Arian for this additions too especially the Ya-salijalali walihkram

L
I can feel it already through the thorough explanation. All are great Dhikr

Lailaha Ilalah is included in the sixth dhikr
Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by MerchantMNT: 4:36pm On Dec 15, 2023
Oladhips:

Same thought here 🙂

Maybe he forgot.. All is well

It is included in the sixth dhikr

1 Like

Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by Olaideolayemi(m): 7:58pm On Dec 15, 2023
May God accept it as an act of ibadah...Amin

1 Like

Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by yusufwaheed(m): 7:58pm On Dec 15, 2023
JazakumuLlahu khayran

1 Like

Re: Six Forms Of Dhikr – Shaykh Abdur-rahman As-sa’di by Umargarr(m): 8:31pm On Dec 15, 2023
Jazakallahu khairan

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable! Meat With The Inscription "allah"! / Lessons From Hadith 7 Of The 40 Ḥadīth Of An-nawawih: Avoiding Doubtful Matters / The Virtue Of The Glorious Month Of Muharram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.