Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,020 members, 7,852,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:07 PM

again - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / again (259 Views)

She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? / Process Canadian Spousal Sponsorship With Wedding Certificate From Any Registry / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

again by overeighteen: 12:27pm On Dec 14, 2023
Re: again by advanceDNA: 1:04pm On Dec 14, 2023
overeighteen:
Hi everyone, I need some good advice.

Can someone who has some experience about this educate me on how to handle this area ? I am a little worried that stating that my parents did not attend the wedding will be a red flag and I am not sure how to handle that.

Thank you for your time.

U can either say the but u have to add a very believable reason why ur parents were not there but that they have their blessing.... reasons include location of the wedding as the bride's village was hundreds of miles away, or Dad was sick at the time (with proof if u can provide) .....CIC uses this question to determine if ur wedding is wash wash arrangee and start stressing u for more evidence if they feel something is off....

Or just lie: if u had a fairly big wedding, pictures will show that ur wedding wasn't an arangee parole with wedding invitations....besides they can't tell who your parents was anyways in the pictures...
Re: again by overeighteen: 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2023
d
Re: again by advanceDNA: 1:45pm On Dec 14, 2023
overeighteen:

Thank you so much for providing your input, the real issue here is that my parents did not like my wife because they wanted me to marry their friends daughter whom I didn't feel a thing for, I really don't know how to explain this to cic and if they would even understand and not stress me.
I tried to pacify them as best as I could but they were not ready to bulge, its such an unfortunate situation.

The 2nd option you gave is something I have also thought about but the wedding was a small court wedding followed by an equally small church wedding, we didnt even have intro or engagement.

It's good a church wedding was involved as Church weddings always have pastors and church venue, and church members u didn't invite, which gives ur wedding an element of originality if u have pictures to show....

.u also have registry document to combine with your church wedding.... So I don't think u will have too much issues with CIC if u tell the truth..... Oyinbo knows not everyone are in good terms with their parents

U can back up with pre wedding photos, .what's app chat since u were dating....proof of money exchange and so on....
Re: again by ednut1(m): 1:50pm On Dec 14, 2023
overeighteen:

Thank you so much for providing your input, the real issue here is that my parents did not like my wife because they wanted me to marry their friends daughter whom I didn't feel a thing for, I really don't know how to explain this to cic and if they would even understand and not stress me.
I tried to pacify them as best as I could but they were not ready to bulge, its such an unfortunate situation.

The 2nd option you gave is something I have also thought about but the wedding was a small court wedding followed by an equally small church wedding, we didnt even have intro or engagement.

I am wondering if it is a must to show parents in the wedding pictures that I intend to post, what if I just post wedding pictures of only the couple and also the guests and leave out parents so it isn't obvious that one parent was missing.
not an issue, i know someone who had same issue last year. Parents also wanted him to marry their friends daughter, they did only court- no parent attended. His wife is in Canada with him today. Just provide evidence of chats with your wife or parents talking about the family disapproval.
Re: again by overeighteen: 1:51pm On Dec 14, 2023
advanceDNA:

It's good a church wedding was involved as Church weddings always have pastors and church venue, and church members u didn't invite, which gives ur wedding an element of originality if u have pictures to show....

.u also have registry document to combine with your church wedding.... So I don't think u will have too much issues with CIC if u tell the truth..... Oyinbo knows not everyone are in good terms with their parents

U can back up with pre wedding photos, .what's app chat since u were dating....proof of money exchange and so on....
Thank you for your input again, hopefully we can get more suggestions.
Re: again by overeighteen: 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2023
ednut1:
not an issue, i know someone who had same issue last year. Parents also wanted him to marry their friends daughter, they did only court . His wife is in Canada with him today. Just provide evidence of chats with your wife or parents talking about the family disapproval. No issues.
Can you please confirm if he ticked parents as absent during the wedding on that form and provided an explanation?
Just want to hear from a real story and experience so I can be properly guided.
Thank you.
Re: again by ednut1(m): 2:07pm On Dec 14, 2023
overeighteen:

Can you please confirm if he ticked parents as absent during the wedding on that form and provided an explanation?
Just want to hear from a real story and experience so I can be properly guided.
Thank you.
yes. You have nothing to fear biko. 😀
Re: again by overeighteen: 2:08pm On Dec 14, 2023
ednut1:
yes. You have nothing to fear biko. 😀
Thank you, honestly was just super worried that my parents not attending would cause a lot of problems in the application, thank you for your input.

(1) (Reply)

How Inside Electric Lagos Blue Rail Look Like (Video) / 5 Countries With The Shortest Working Hours In The World / Rajasthan Tour, Golden Traingle, International Tours On Spark Destinations.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.