Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me (22835 Views)

See These And Decide If You Still Want To Have Plenty Kids / How Do I Apologize To My Wife? / How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Belafonte(m): 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2023
stormborn28:

Always writing rubbish... So OP should cut off his mother from his life because he married a woman abi

Someone that should be opposite Yaba market collecting treatment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by stormborn28(m): 4:26pm On Dec 15, 2023
Belafonte:

Someone that should be opposite Yaba market collecting treatment

Just wonder oooo
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by andyanders: 4:26pm On Dec 15, 2023
ogawisdom:

You are quite a sensitive man sha because this issue is a very light one to me. She is only saying that you love your mum more so no offense there BC it's normally true & she is probably jealous.

Why should she apologize for stating her observation?
Exactly. For me, I'll not make any kind of issue over this. Your wife supposed to be ur best friend and as such, don't sleep over issues like this. Though, some ladies got character issue, just like men too. Your ability to understand that marriage is a university you cannot graduate, the better for both of you.

A woman is a weaker se-x and u can ONLY try to be patient and tolorant with them. Once u get it wrong by marring the wrong woman, you're into a very long journey. Op, u knew her b4 now.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by santaclaws: 4:26pm On Dec 15, 2023
Belafonte:

Is it safe to say he can use her father as comparison in her dealings with him?

For example, "you'd never talk to your father like that"

Everything depends on the context, that's my point. Definitely if the situation warrants mentioning her dad to drive a point, it doesn't make it an insult.

Had it been that she insulted the mother or called her names, I would totally understand, even if he chose to send her packing.

The OP couldn't mention any insult, just that he didn't like the fact that she mentioned his mum. Is that enough reason to start keeping malice with your wife? That's very childish!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by AZControversial(m): 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2023
undecided

That's very offensive. There are more intelligent ways to tell me to pay back rather than involving my mum.
I would deal with her severely if she said that to me.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Belafonte(m): 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2023
santaclaws:

Everything depends on the context, that's my point. Definitely if the situation warrants mentioning her dad to drive a point, it doesn't make it an insult.

Had it been she insulted the mother or called her names, I would totally understand, even if he chose to send her packing.

Even the OP couldn't mention any insult, just that he didn't like the fact that she mentioned his mum. Is that enough reason to start keeping malice with your wife It's childish!

Lol. So when you're angry at your wife over an issue, you'd ask her if she'd treat her father that way in the heat of the moment? Lol okay I believe you sir
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Emmanuel30a: 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2023
ViceGovernor:

Are you a songwriter sir?
Yes sir! I can writes you songs(not write to you a song...), base on your demands and money... You can hook me up if you likes or are interested... I would be waiting...

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by santaclaws: 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2023
Belafonte:

Lol. So when you're angry at your wife over an issue, you'd ask her if she'd treat her father that way in the heat of the moment? Lol okay I believe you sir

Poor reading comprehension is the reason most of you cannot understand simple things.

It is well with you bro.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Exceed15: 4:31pm On Dec 15, 2023
Kai u don enter one chance.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Belafonte(m): 4:33pm On Dec 15, 2023
santaclaws:

Poor reading comprehension is the reason most of you cannot understand simple things.

It is well with you bro.

Don't blame my reading comprehension on your hypocrisy bro. You clearly said there's nothing disrespectful about bringing up the OPs mum in an argument. Now i ask for retaliatin and you're asking for context lol. You're just a shameless hypocrite FOH

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by santaclaws: 4:35pm On Dec 15, 2023
Belafonte:

Don't blame my reading comprehension on your hypocrisy bro. You clearly said there's nothing disrespectful about bringing up the OPs mum in an argument. Now i ask for retaliatin and you're asking for context lol. You're just a shameless hypocrite FOH

It is well with you... πŸ™πŸΎ
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by pocohantas(f): 4:35pm On Dec 15, 2023
If you like, make una fight enter street like my neighbours. When e scatter, your body go calm. The rest of us would learn from your case, move on and tolerate our own partners.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Belafonte(m): 4:36pm On Dec 15, 2023
santaclaws:

It is well with you... πŸ™πŸΎ

Of course it is well with me.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by mariahAngel(f): 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2023
armyofone:

This is how they start bringing problems where there are none - she did like this or like that or talked like that about my mom ..... grow up mon!

Mom has your dad - your wifey has you - face front.

Iya mi ti binu. cheesygrin
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Triangles1(m): 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

As long as I'm concerned. I feel like my relatives need to stay off my wife's mouth. They are not play things for wordplay.

She can possibly bring about her points without comparisons with my relatives.
It's even wrong for a wife to put herself on the same level with my mom. That's disrespectful.

My wife is my wife for as long as she wants to be my wife but my ma is my ma forever.No one compares sleep to death.

May God bless your you for this statement.

Base on the topic, don't let her know what pains you most, the moment woman know you would get hurt for some certain talks, they will not stop, just learn how to endure her foul mouth .

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Juniorangel(m): 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2023
Op NL will help you scatter your family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by edunaragold(f): 5:01pm On Dec 15, 2023
Plus4you:
Few days ago my wife was angried and utterred some statements that I do not like.
The statement was that she relating an issue by using my mum
The statement was "had it been it was your mum that did that you would have find means to repay her'.
I find it offensive for uttering such a statement, I was offended immediately but I kept my calm because we are already prepared to go out. Woman are like that ,u too luck up

So when we came back I informed her that I am annoyed with what she said.

Her reply was that she did nothing wrong with such a statement because she didn't insult or belittle my mum.

I told I'm not but she decided not to apologize for that.

After two days our communication has not been normal and it only greetings.

So the next day I called and discussed it with her but still stands that she isn't wrong.

We have not been in good terms since then,

Please isn't she supposed to apologise despite that I told her I don't like the statement?
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by VULCAN(m): 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2023
But does it mean that it is now mostly boys that marry and no longer men?

How can a husband come to social media to type such childishness and be waiting for advice.

No wonder women are losing respect for the male gender daily.

Oga go and study Redpill so you will no longer a victim of manipulation by your wife.

Nonsense

Plus4you:
Few days ago my wife was angried and utterred some statements that I do not like.
The statement was "had it been it was your mum that did that you would have find means to repay her'.
I find it offensive for uttering such a statement, I was offended immediately but I kept my calm because we are already prepared to go out.

Her reply was that she did nothing wrong with such a statement because she didn't insult or belittle my mum.

So the next day I called and discussed it with her but still stands that she isn't wrong.

Please isn't she supposed to apologise despite that I told her I don't like the statement?
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by BananaPeel(m): 5:10pm On Dec 15, 2023
Plus4you:
I find it offensive for uttering such a statement, I was offended immediately but I kept my calm because we are already prepared to go out.

Forgive and move on. It happens to all married men. Women have a little stubborn spirit in them.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by bigiyaro(m): 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2023
ogawisdom:

You are quite a sensitive man sha because this issue is a very light one to me. She is only saying that you love your mum more so no offense there BC it's normally true & she is probably jealous.

A wise or sensible woman would have simply indulge her husband, giving with the right hand while collecting with the left hand, and at the same time leaving the husband satisfied. But most empty headed women feel they have something to prove to thier husband, while they really have nothing to show. Like play this small issue will fester and lead to the end of the relationship.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by ajbiggie(m): 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2023
Guy 4get the apology and be mature.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by EvangelistChuks(m): 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2023
Rebellion and disobedience is as the sin of witchcraft[1 Sam.15:22-23]. That’s how manipulation/witchcraft starts[never apologize even if you are blatantly in error] deliberately engage in acts of disrespect,disobedience,rebellion etc .These are fuels that powers manipulation/witchcraft. That’s one of the secret weapon of women liberalism or feminism.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Iamzik: 5:22pm On Dec 15, 2023
ogawisdom:

This is not light at all let's stop normalizing disrespect.

Op at this rate she go show you pepper later. If na me that outing is cancelled instantly.
If you give this kind of woman an inch she will take a mile from you.

Any woman or man that is so proud that he/she will not apologize after hurting a partners feeling is a ticking time bomb.
Put your feet down from now and reject this kind of behaviour if not na sorry be your name
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by nathpope(m): 5:24pm On Dec 15, 2023
Plus4you:

WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF HER APOLOGISING AND DOING IT AGAIN IF YOU DO NOT NIP THE TIP IN THE MUD?

It's obvious you seem to be like a gentleman. But If you are the type that always wait for apology for every wrong done to you, you go either wait tire or would always be offended because las las na apology you go chop.

Try to make it uneasy for people to easily offend you. By that, you won't have to wait for any apology from anyone.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by UmmuFarrah(f): 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2023
pocohantas:
If you like, make una fight enter street like my neighbours. When e scatter, your body go calm. The rest of us would learn from your case, move on and tolerate our own partners.
Finally the comment I was looking for πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Appletek: 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2023
ogawisdom:

Is that how your sisters-in-law use your mother as an object of illustration?
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by nnenwa5: 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

I'm talking about my wife, not your wife.
Your wife can say whatever she likes to you, or your relatives. That's your cup of tea and it has nothing to do with me.
What I know is, ain't no wife of mine gon' speak to my relative disrespectfully. That's not my world.

Also make sure you don't speak disrespectful to her relatives too. Because some men can't give what they demand.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Iamzik: 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2023
dahmie2013:
She didn't insult your mum.

He knows where the shoes pinches most.
What sounds as insult to op may be a compliment to you. The man clearly felt insulted
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by Iamzik: 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2023
VULCAN:
But does it mean that it is now mostly boys that marry and no longer men?

How can a husband come to social media to type such childishness and be waiting for advice.

No wonder women are losing respect for the male gender daily.

Oga go and study Redpill so you will no longer a victim of manipulation by your wife.

Nonsense

You mean a man should die in silence and not be able to express himself? Y'all shame men who are hurting inside and force them to bottle up so much until everything goes haywire.

Who told you that it is wrong for a man to express himself when he is hurt??
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by pocohantas(f): 5:35pm On Dec 15, 2023
UmmuFarrah:

Finally the comment I was looking for πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Even me done learn o.
I just calm since morning. grin grin
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by hansomb: 5:38pm On Dec 15, 2023
Capernum:

Women hardly apologize.

Oga she has offered you a trait that you must reject immediately. Or else, she will offer you more.

Quickly reject this one and with maturity, demand her to apologize.

Do not eat her food until she apologizes. Be very frank, strong and meek at same time.

Explain to her again that she needs to apologize for a subtle jibe at your mum. Even if you're wrong, let that trait be enforced on her.

Then after her apology, you go ahead and take her on a treat or a surprise gift. Shey you get.

Women have a way of offering you some nonsense.

Weak men swallow it until they become the wives at home.
100 πŸ’―πŸ‘ correct. Take this advice. Your wife can NEVER be equated to your MuM. Make this to sink into her head. Be adamant and stick to it. That her coconut πŸ₯₯πŸ₯₯ head must be soften if not a bigger problem awaits you in the future.
Re: My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me by hansomb: 5:43pm On Dec 15, 2023
Acidosis:
When a woman says "had it been it was your mom", "had it been it was your sister", "had it been...", bla bla bla, trust me, she already resents your family.

You don't have to believe me. Just wait for the signs. Don't just demand an apology. An apology would not fix resentment. You have a bigger problem on your hands if you don't handle this carefully and with maturity.

I agree. Why did she not use her mother as an example. She is seeing his mum as a competition and being jealous of what he's doing to his Mum. He should tell her to NEVER EVER compare herself to his Mum. They're not the same. Same way the husband cannot claim the place of her father. Imagine the husband comparing himself to her Dad will she accepts it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ten Steps To Better Self-esteem / Building Collapses On 3 Children In Kaduna As Father Loses Them. Photos / A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.