Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,054 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night (2393 Views)

Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? / I Need Your Advice On This Job / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by osmosis101(m): 11:59pm On Dec 16, 2023
U ain't wise enough for refunding d money
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by osmosis101(m): 12:01am On Dec 17, 2023
How many students sef,are dey up to 100?... To d OP, 'U AR A MUMU'
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by osmosis101(m): 12:03am On Dec 17, 2023
D gut u av to refund d money,she wil definitely think u already got 1milli in u acct,nw u shouting u broke
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by online4business: 6:05am On Dec 17, 2023
Kriximpecable:
To be Frank with you guys I’m a teacher and I happen to find myself working as a part time teacher for a particular woman…
The very day I got the job it was Thru a watsap chat I had with the woman but she was out of town then , so she ask me to visit her sch so her daughter who happen to be the principal conduct physical interview for me… After the successful interview with her daughter I chatted her up to discuss my payment on watsap, and it was that same chat she told me (cos they just had 2 weeks prior to examination) that I just have 2 weeks to round up, then revision, marking of scripts and she never mention to me that I was going to do recording of the script..
we agreed on the payment and I started working. Now I’ve concluded my work with her by marking the scripts and I ask her for my payment, she initially sent me 20k out of 27k and was bringing up lots of excuses that I didn’t record the scripts so I explained to her that it wasn’t part of our agreement and she said I shud go and record it which was just a day before they’ll release the results to students and I was sick so I told her I can’t that even if I shud do that it will be on my own free mind and not making it compulsory for me cos it was not part of our agreement and again I’m not feeling fine to go out..
After I had a deep thought about it I decided to refund her the 20k that she shud complete it before I cud accept it because that cud be a trick for her not to pay complete… The next thing she said was that she’s heard me but will pay me whenever she has the money… I replied her by asking her to give me a particular date when she’ll pay me she has refuse to say anything… I’ll call her she’ll busy my line… I’ll text her she’ll read my messages and ignore… this is more than a week now that she aught to have paid me but to no avail … The funny thing is she hasn’t said anything yet since then and wasn’t taking my calls
I can’t possibly go to the sch cos it’s quite far from my house
I’m planning on reporting her to the appropriate authority to recover back the money cos I’m even broke now and it was because I needed money urgently made me go to the sch so I can see money to take care of my needs now she’s refuse to pay me and I’m confuse and haven’t slept for days now…
Pls what appropriate authority can I report this to??
Baba you need to apologize to the woman period.

You go prepare student for exam supervise and mark script and leave recording for who? Spirit?

Person need tell you say it's part of the deal... As a teacher you're responsibility for everything.

Na WA ooo so for your school na secretary dey record results give HOD?

Them go pack the script go give secretary to record.

Call the woman and apologize ma sorry I was feeling seek that's why I was unable to record the script easy pizzy.

Swallow your pride please do it now ooo make the woman no go use your money buy Christmas cloth for him pikin ooo.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by andyanders: 6:47am On Dec 17, 2023
immortalcrown:
Reporting her to any authority is a waste of time if the contract was not documented and signed.

You returned 20k because of 7k. This is not wisdom. 7k is not even enough for expenses if you want to report her to any authority. Also, she is probably richer than you and can bribe her way out if reported.

You better rest and rely on God to touch her heart.
Exactly on point. Op, has no common sense at all. You got paid 2ok out of 27k he returned the money, op, I wouldn't knw what to tell a man at ur age to get sense.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by Scholace: 6:59am On Dec 17, 2023
Artiiclebeast:
Ode....

Na the same mumuism push you go look for teaching job out of hunger [b]not because you have passion [/b]for the job or even good at it. It is evident from the way you write that you are naturally dull.

If I born pikin like you, I go donate am as a living sacrifice to Boko Haram.

no be only passion. Na passion go pay him bills. how many people dey do wetin dey get passion for in this country? Stay there dey wait for passion grin
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by tunnyl(m): 7:21am On Dec 17, 2023
@op take this as a lesson man. In Nigeria, its dog eat dog. For naija, u go collect wetin dem give u and do wetin dem say mke u do even if e no dey agreement. Collect you money then flee from that person. Or learn how to play the Nigerian game.

But why everybody kom dey lambast op like this?. Yall are adding to the problem instead of providing a solution. So many toxic comments because op made a mistake.

He could be young and young people are prone to making irrational decisions once in a while. Especially person wey no like to dey cheat other people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by Johnycastro18: 7:52am On Dec 17, 2023
Whatisurproblem:
please read the post again,from Op explanation, Op is a stupid fool, what is difficult in recording script as a teacher, the woman wasn't around to give Op the main job descriptions properly, he hasn't even gotten employment letter as a backup document for any claim and the woman never tell him she won't pay the balance of #7k but Op in his foolishness return #20k. from his point Op is very lazy and useless to his profession so advice him properly
OK i get you, I am not supporting what he did too.
He just shot himself in the foot returning back that money.

He was unnecessary angry and like you said....I guess this was his first time in the teaching field, he doesn't understand how this whole things work.

It Might even be a miracle if that woman even pay him back that money again, because she might have a feeling he is lazy and not ready to work for her again...
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by MiracleMe7: 8:09am On Dec 17, 2023
You return 20k just because of 7k? There is no atom of wisdom in you. You must be a stubborn person. Forget about the money or before you go to prison. Learn from this your arrogance.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by DrTee1(m): 8:18am On Dec 17, 2023
tunnyl:
@op take this as a lesson man. In Nigeria, its dog eat dog. For naija, u go collect wetin dem give u and do wetin dem say mke u do even if e no dey agreement. Collect you money then flee from that person. Or learn how to play the Nigerian game.

But why everybody kom dey lambast op like this?. Yall are adding to the problem instead of providing a solution. So many toxic comments because op made a mistake.

He could be young and young people are prone to making irrational decisions once in a while. Especially person wey no like to dey cheat other people.

You are possibly the most balanced person on this thread. Your comment is kind.

You have rightly enthused the reason why the OP may have done what he did, which he is being heavily blamed for.

People must realise that their caustic comments, though may appear harmless, aren't likely to be seen as fair to the person who came here to seek advice. People have committed suicide because of social media comments. It sounds unbelievable but it is entirely true!

Yes, he/she made a mistake to return money to his/her employer. OP was possibly naive. However, OP is broke and deserves to receive a fair fraction of the remuneration since he/she had done a significant part of the work.

It is not the time to dwell on his/her naiveté, but to help with directions towards a redress and an amicable compensation to both parties.

Kind regards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by DrTee1(m): 8:18am On Dec 17, 2023
tunnyl:

You are possibly the most balanced person on this thread. Your comment is kind.

You have rightly enthused the reason why the OP may have done what he did, which he/she is being heavily blamed for.

People must realise that their caustic comments, though may appear harmless, aren't likely to be seen as fair to the person who came here to seek advice. People have committed suicide because of social media comments. It sounds unbelievable but it is entirely true!

Yes, he/she made a mistake to return money to his/her employer. OP was possibly naive. However, OP is broke and deserves to receive a fair fraction of the remuneration since he/she had done a significant part of the work.

It is not the time to dwell on his/her naiveté, but to help with directions towards a redress and an amicable compensation to both parties.

Kind regards.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by akezn: 9:20am On Dec 17, 2023
You never even resume work, catacata don full ground.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by DesChyko: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2023
When I saw you're a fellow school teacher, I was compassionate to your plea but I cannot relate to you returning 20k because it was short of 7k. 😑

It puts you in a really tough situation. Now you'll have to fight for all of it with nothing.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by Usmanovic95(m): 10:59am On Dec 17, 2023
OP beg the woman to return back your 20k cos right now you are losing on both ways,you obviously can't get the full 27k and obviously the 20k that should have been a consolation,you return it back to the woman thinking her conscience will make her send you the complete payment.The big mistake you made is thinking that everyone has conscience.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by bdon123(m): 12:05pm On Dec 17, 2023
She did d right thing by not giving u d money again.wtf,u returned 20k becos of 7k balance.7k that cannot buy azul lol
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by Theweekend: 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2023
Op u no try at all, sometime ago about 3yrs now i and my friend worked 2geder in an uncompleted building, after d work my total money then was #1250 he gave me 1k remaining 250 till now (3yrs) i never see am.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by LooneyLester: 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2023
Steal equipments from the school and sell

Don't report , you're in shitigeria not UK
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by Rejouir: 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2023
You want to report her to authority, when there was no offer letter. Secondly she gave you 20k, and you gave it to her back, so she can complete it. Oga you are very dull. How can you return the part payment. Most Nigerians are just daft, this is why these politicians will keep using majority as slaves. How do you even survive on a 27k salary. .
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by Artiiclebeast: 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2023
Scholace:
no be only passion. Na passion go pay him bills. how many people dey do wetin dey get passion for in this country? Stay there dey wait for passion grin

And continue to complain about the government and system. Oponu
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by Kriximpecable: 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2023
You all shouting calm down
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by Kriximpecable: 5:20pm On Dec 17, 2023
Rejouir:
You want to report her to authority, when there was no offer letter. Secondly she gave you 20k, and you gave it to her back, so she can complete it. Oga you are very dull. How can you return the part payment. Most Nigerians are just daft, this is why these politicians will keep using majority as slaves. How do you even survive on a 27k salary. .

If you have a better job offer you can give me now instead of mocking me on 27k job
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice On This Cos It’s Really Giving Me Sleepless Night by onyegwu(m): 4:16am On Dec 25, 2023
Typical Nigerians faulting the victim in instead of the oppressor. You guys were not there when the whole arrangement was done. Did the woman in question objected to the fact that he said it was not part of the agreement for him to record the script? Whether there is a written document for the employment or not the woman needs to keep his own side of the bargain if she is not up to something at the get go. She can not come at the middle of the game to change the rules She did not make at the beginning. This only shows a dubious mind right from the onset. Why did she not hand over the job discription to her daughter immediately the interview was over and successful? She has no right to pay her whatever she likes after they have agreed upon something. Those of you saying he can not tender the whatsapp conversation as an eveidence of their negociation do not really know how the court works. What the court needs is just a snippet of evidence to start with then allow the woman to disprove it which will also lead to other things to be disproved during the process of disproving the first. When they say prove beyond reasonable doubt can the woman honestly do that ? Even with those whatsapp conversations? Please lets not continue to support evil. For me the money is too small to make any case from it. Assuming its huge I would have advice him to take it to the Office of the Public Defender lets see how the woman will escape it rubbish! You people always glamourising evil. A worker deserves his or her full pay and if you must pay anything less you must come with persuasive approach not this narssistic arrogance been displayed. Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secreatary Needed At Comandclem (festac) / Pdms, Autocad, Primervera Traiinig / NITDA- Who Know Of Ds Body?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.